Cable TV

How I Would Make Sling TV, DIRECTV NOW, PlayStation Vue, & Others Better

Cable TV2018 comes with a lot of promise for cord cutting. Yet it seems that a few major live TV streaming services need to make small changes to become even better.

Today I want to lay out one thing I would do to make each of the major live TV streaming services even better.

PlayStation Vue

This one is easy. To this day I hear from people that they didn’t get PlayStation Vue because they don’t own a PlayStation. This has likely cost Sony thousands and thousands of subscribers.

If I could change the name to anything I would go with Vue TV. That would allow Sony to continue to build off of the current brand. I would than use a slogan such as “TV for Everyone” as a way to promote the idea that Vue works for everyone not just PlayStation Vue subscribers.

Sling TV

If Sling TV wants to easily jump their subscriber base, they need to add Fox News and the Big Ten Network.

Let’s put politics aside here and look at viewership. Fox News is the most viewed news channel in the United States. Without Fox News. Sling TV is handing a lot of viewers over to their competition. News and sports are what people want, and Sling is falling short in the world of news.

The Big Ten Network is one of the most popular sports networks in the United States. Without it Sling TV is losing sports fans who follow the Big Ten, cutting them off from many major markets such as New York City, Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, and Green Bay.

Hulu’s Live TV

This one is easy I would start advertising Hulu’s live TV service not as a $39.99 but as a $32 add-on to Hulu’s on-demand service. That will help Hulu’s live TV service look cheaper and help them stand out.

I thought about making the DVR my top suggestion, but we know that is on the way and almost daily they are adding people to the DVR beta.

So for DIRECTV NOW I would tell AT&T to add the NFL Network. Again sports is one of the main reasons people pay for a live TV streaming service. While their contract may not allow them to stream the Sunday Ticket service, adding the NFL Network should be a priority for DIRECTV NOW as more Americans look to live TV for live events.

This one is easy. Philo’s limited device support is a serious drawback. Although Philo is one of the least expensive streaming services out there, I would push Philo to roll out apps to new devices quickly.

Until they can get their app on more devices, I would encourage Philo to offer a free Roku device to subscribers who prepay for Philo. This will help address their shortcomings when it comes to device support.

YouTube TV

YouTube TV has done a great job recently adding new markets. The issue is they are still not in many parts of the United States. Every day they are not available is a day that someone signs up for one of their competitors. YouTube TV should launch a national version with on-demand access to locals until they can add the locals.

fuboTV is maybe the most underrated streaming service out there; however, without ESPN they will never be as successful as they could be.

My suggestion for fuboTV would be to find a way to make a deal with ESPN. If they are able to add ESPN, they will become the streaming service for sports fans.

There you go… my suggestions for how to improve many of the most popular streaming services available.

172 Responses to How I Would Make Sling TV, DIRECTV NOW, PlayStation Vue, & Others Better

1. Patrick Ward December 31, 2017 at 9:23 am #

Beware of Sling! I was trying to set up favorites and somehow they put a fight pay per view on my service. When I called them 2 days ahead of the fight and right after they told me I ordered it, they refused to reverse the charge. Their customer service people were absolutely “It says on page 6 we cannot do this.” When I asked to talk to a supervisor, the person handed me off to some other clunk who didn’t have any authority or knowledge. Now I’m stuck with a bill for $28.08 to watch some knucklehead beat another one up. Not my kind of programming, to be sure. I have protested this with my credit card company, but …..Save yourself this grief! You tube tv is much better and has espn and msnbc together and unlimited cloud storage.

• filmex December 31, 2017 at 11:23 am #

That was our problem with Sling. After a year there, we fled for Vue. But, after cancelling online, with our acct. showed as canceled, they continued to bill us. When I complained, I was told they don’t give refunds, only credit. This happened the next month as well.

So, after being billed for two months after having canceled, and ridiculously hearing “we don’t issue refunds”, on month #3 I called and told them if they didn’t stop billing us for service we quit 60 days ago, my next call would be to the Better Business Bureau. That seemed to do the trick. But still, for two months we had both Vue and Sling, because Sling went Brokeback Mtn. and wouldn’t let us quit them.

2. Larry Hanson December 31, 2017 at 9:28 am #

I totally agree with you concerning Sling TV. BTN and Fox News Channel are essential and are the reason I have never restarted my service with them. They asked me what it would take to get me back. I told them, but 2 years later, nothing.

3. Dean G December 31, 2017 at 9:30 am #

In fairness to Sling, maybe they don’t carry Fox News and they’re happy to get people who don’t want that station. I know I block it or not put it into my favorites. The fact it is barely in the top spot though doesn’t speak well for America. I think adding a local package would do them better, that’s why I won’t go with them. I agree with you on the Vue name change, but they need to add A&E and History channel would be nice. I would like to see all of them add the Smithsonian channel, it’s often an overlooked channel that has great programming. Most of these companies have contracts with CBS and Showtime so add it in.

• Mark Miller December 31, 2017 at 9:44 am #

Highly unlikely Dean. This isn’t about politics, yours or mine. It’s about securing the viewers and establishing a service that makes money for the company and to maximize their potential. To do this, whether you like it or not Fox News is a must. You say ‘barely’ in first? First is first the other spots are losing and its really that easy.

I wont comment on your political speech here, other than to say not everyone agrees with you.

• Austin Stevens December 31, 2017 at 9:58 am #

FYI, Roku does have a Fox app that works great and it’s free.

• Mxx December 31, 2017 at 10:03 am #

But it’s not Fox News live channel.

• Sunflower December 31, 2017 at 7:27 pm #

OANN is better anyway.

• James Webb January 4, 2018 at 9:44 pm #

I like OANN too but unfortunately Sling doesn’t have that either.

• Sunflower January 5, 2018 at 10:26 am #

It’s one of the news options offered through Roku. $5.99 monthly.

• Dean G December 31, 2017 at 12:37 pm #

Clearly, since they still have subscribers then it isn’t a must. IMO the biggest thing holding Sling back is lack of locals. Yes and the others are splitting the viewers between them who want real news and not propaganda nonsense, so there is that. I’m happy with my Sky New and BBC though.

• Mark Miller December 31, 2017 at 12:58 pm #

You missed the part where i stated the idea is to MAXIMIZE the potential to raise revenues. To do this all mainstream news channels need to be included and thats just a fact whether you like it or not. Yes, limited locals interfere with maximum value for cost and again, maximization of revenue and should be addressed (which is I strongly suspect being addressed). As far as ‘splitting viewers’ this isn’t a cadre training program its a free country with a free people that are free to choose from their available options.

O/T Rebuttal: (skip if you want)

I see that you believe CNN is real news and not propaganda. Thats your opinion, some agree some don’t and trying to stay at least somewhat on topic won’t address the multiple examples that demonstrate that statement is categorically false. CNN doesn’t meet my needs and those of my family, and hasnt for years. That said the option to have it available is fine with us but it will never be watched in our home because that is our choice.

You see, I don’t want to limit your options to see what you want, but you appear to be advocating the silencing of MY options to have the news station I want available. Why is that Dean? Why do you seemingly support the limiting of options for other people who hold different opinions from you when you can simply chose not to partake in “propaganda and nonsense” and look elsewhere for your ‘news’?

• James Webb December 31, 2017 at 3:00 pm #

Totally agree, CNN has unfortunately become Constantly Negative News. I have no political bone to pick, I watch all of them but honestly CNN’s bias I can barely stand anymore. Still, if Sling is going to offer news, it should offer all of them. They have all kinds of stuff in that News Extra pkg like Euro News, Chinese News, France News… while still not providing all major U.S. news networks. Otherwise, I like Sling.

• Mark Miller January 1, 2018 at 11:28 am #

Well said James. I believe that access to more information, no matter the stripe or color, free of propaganda as it is possible to be can only help people to understand. From that point they can make their own decisions as to who to send their business to..or not. At the moment it may come down to licensing fees, but as you noted and I agreed with it needs to happen.

• Dean G January 1, 2018 at 10:26 am #

LOL, if your “opinions” are based off of Fox News you’re correct I won’t listen to nonsense. Nor do I need to afford you any courtesy of listening to such nonsense. You’re still free to espouse that nonsense if you can find anyone willing to listen to that crap, however there is no right you have that demands others to have to listen to you though or not call you out for speaking it. I do not partake in Fox News, because I was raised to have common sense and not repeat spoon fed propaganda. Is the government silencing you? No? Then nobody is violating any “rights” you have. Learn how the constitution works please. Where did I say I watch CNN? I didn’t … That right there is the problem with Fox News viewers they’re so used to hearing lies they have no problem telling them. If you think writing your novels is going to change my mind, it won’t. I already think you are uneducated for watching such crap and repeating it. You’re still free to find a company that is willing to carry your propaganda channel, you have no right to demand every company carry it. Your rights end, where others begin, something that doesn’t quite sink in with Fox News viewers, because they don’t quite get what the constitution says and how it actually works. But then again they support a traitor so we can’t expect much from them.

• Mark Miller January 1, 2018 at 10:53 am #

Done with you as you don’t seem capable of having a reasonable discussion and are in fact seemingly wholly run buy your emotions. When a someone has to resort to personal ad hominem attack they have nothing to contribute and having a respectful discussion about the issues is no longer possible.

I do see you failed to answer the questions with any apparent deliberative process only wild speculation, projection of fault, appeal to authority and personal verbal attack on someone you don’t even know the first thing about. This is sadly very common and I had hoped for better.

Oh well sobeit.

Have a great year.

• southhendo December 31, 2017 at 10:41 am #

They don’t carry FoxNews because of the cost of that channel, and Fox News can charge that because of the viewership. Not politics, not ‘those people’, simply numbers and money.

• Tony Bassham January 1, 2018 at 8:47 am #

Good point about Sling, local channels. I do however think Sling should have Fox News in an add on for those who choose. I would personally opt out of all news channels if i could for a cheaper cost.

4. Edward B December 31, 2017 at 9:32 am #

Direct TV Now needs too do a better job at presenting their On-Demand Library. They should have something next to every channel that has On-Demand content and click it too see the content.

• James Webb December 31, 2017 at 2:41 pm #

Exactly. It’s not very intuitive. Sling does a great job with this.

5. Bill December 31, 2017 at 9:38 am #

Allow the viewer to pause the program being watched.

6. RonV42 December 31, 2017 at 9:42 am #

I have said this many time to the Sling TV support staff that their news offerings prevent me from using their services. Additionally the lack of support for Xbox apps from Sony is keeping me from looking at them. All in all it’s about device diversity and channel availability that keeps me from subscribing.

7. Malignar December 31, 2017 at 9:52 am #

Many of what would be my suggestions are in the works. DTVN DVR, better on demand library and less technical issues. Vue it is amazing that they do not have A&E, also no viacom is an issue. Sling sucks for sports fans as they are required to get both orange and blue, I had technical issues and no locals, no BTN and on and on with Sling. Not sure how they can fix Sling. Youtube TV needs to add more channels for the $35 price tag (HGTV, A&E, Turner anything). If someone looks at the channel lineup that DTVN offers vs Youtube TV it is borderline embarrassing. They are coming out with Roku support which is a must, the service works flawlessly though. Philo’s roku interface is pretty poor but the service seems to work nicely.

8. rachael faith December 31, 2017 at 9:58 am #

I dropped sling for hulu streaming tv. I now get the B1G, golfchannel, and msnbc. I complained to sling that the pac 10 was not a service I wanted. Once the dust settles, the marketplace will take over and these services will adjust or sink. BTW, 39.95 for hulu and my regular hulu subscription is included in the cost.

9. Michael Smith December 31, 2017 at 10:05 am #

I have Vue and really like it but still wating for the A&E Network Channels (history, fyi…). Been waiting and waiting but sooner or later I will jump to DTVN that has mine and my wifes channels but I will give up the nfle network (which I may be able to stream their tnf games on my tablet with the new agreement).

• Rocksleeper December 31, 2017 at 11:48 am #

A lot of TNF is on CBS as well… and this year a good chunk was on Amazon Prime. You are essentially paying for NFL network to see maybe…two?…..exclusive games at the beginning of the year.

• Michael Smith December 31, 2017 at 12:42 pm #

Thats the point, with the new mobile and internet streaming rules for tnf (SNF, MNF etc..) I wont need the nfl network channel to watch those games instead, I can stream to my tablet or phone and then bluetooth the game directly to my LG 4K UHD TV:-) Isnt technology wonderful?

• Dean G December 31, 2017 at 12:34 pm #

i just got Philo as the addon to my Vue, very happy. If Vue ever adds those channels then I’ll drop Philo.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 12:44 pm #

So now your paying $16 to $20 in addition to the $40 for Vue, that’s about $60. Then you have to buy internet from someone and you would get a discount from your cable provider instead of paying $45 to $70 for internet (at least in my area). In my area you could get Triple Play for about $90 to $100 a month with 100 Mbps

• Fred Koot December 31, 2017 at 1:09 pm #

Triple play is an introductory rate and doesn’t include fees.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 1:14 pm #

Everything is temporary, but it is not introductory in my area of Central Florida and everything including one DVR, 100 Mbps internet,taxes and fees are included for $110, but installation is $35. I constantly price everything, because things can change.

• Fred Koot December 31, 2017 at 1:20 pm #

I’m in the same area with Spectrum is that what you Have?

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 1:24 pm #

Spectrum is what I priced about 6 months ago when I decided to go with Streaming. Double Play was the same price, so that is why I said Triple Play. They also went to 2 tuner DVR, they had 6 tuner before. That is another thing that ruled them out.

• Fred Koot December 31, 2017 at 1:27 pm #

Have you tried Spectrum stream tv? It starts at $20 plus a broadcast fee

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 1:38 pm #

No Syfy and no mention of DVR, but it looks like a good deal for $20, depending on the broadcast fee. Is that the $6.05 Broadcast surcharge that is regularly charged?

• Fred Koot December 31, 2017 at 1:45 pm #

I’ve had it for a month. No syfy but Netflix has those shows, No Dvr, but all app logins. yeah it’s the same broadcast fee, I think it’s $7.50 now. They did give me a free month and Roku.

• Michael Smith December 31, 2017 at 12:48 pm #

You can get the same channels on DTVN for the same price too.

• Fred Koot December 31, 2017 at 1:10 pm #

But no Dvr and only 2 streams. His way is a better Value

• DesignatedJizTowel January 1, 2018 at 12:03 am #

My wife and I only need two streams. DTVN has the largest channel selection and we are grandfathered in for 35 bucks for the go big plan. We have zero technical issues. We don’t care about DVR, even though it appears that will be coming soon. I think we will stick with what we have.

10. Mxx December 31, 2017 at 10:07 am #

I very much disagree with those suggestions. One of the biggest reasons why I switched from CableTV in favor of sling is because I didn’t want to pay for sports channels I don’t watch. Sling had all the channels I wanted for least amount of money. Shoving more sports back into the package and jacking up my price will cause to start looking for other providers.

Unless all those channels are optional/separate upgrades.

• Dean G December 31, 2017 at 12:30 pm #

I agree about the sports channels, all should follow that

• Malignar December 31, 2017 at 12:55 pm #

Philo and an antenna and you should be in heaven.

• Mxx December 31, 2017 at 1:01 pm #

philo doesn’t have channels that *I* want to watch. As I said, Sling had all the channels I wanted for least amount of money.

• Fred Koot December 31, 2017 at 1:41 pm #

Philo is 95% reality tv, not my cup of tea

• Camille M December 31, 2017 at 7:01 pm #

I agree completely: fine if they’re optional extras but I don’t want the base price jacked up for more channels I’ll never watch.

11. Fred Koot December 31, 2017 at 10:32 am #

Make locals optional! I am talking to you PlayStation Vue. The rest suck.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 11:12 am #

That is a good idea if that would make them lower the price back to $35 or $30 to make it the same a Sling Blue.

• filmex December 31, 2017 at 11:18 am #

I agree. That’s my only complaint with Vue. We get all the locals OTA just fine, so seeing our bill go up $10 to get what we already have for free, is a pain.

• Sunflower December 31, 2017 at 7:25 pm #

I agree, make them optional.
      They only offer one local in my area.

12. Michael Stern December 31, 2017 at 10:37 am #

You forgot Hulu

• Rocksleeper December 31, 2017 at 11:45 am #

They need to get 60 fps for their sport channels…and revamp their interface to have a grid view that shows you easily what shows are coming on all channels, and which ones are already marked to add to “My Stuff”.

13. Chris K. December 31, 2017 at 10:43 am #

My thought for Vue is to drop the “not in home location” nonsense.

My parents are desperately looking for a way to cut cable but keep the channels they want. At the same time, they need something that will also work at their cabin – which is in another state. They were very impressed with Vue at my home, but it simply wouldn’t work for them in two locations.

There is a growing market for tech-friendly retirees. This segment has internet access pretty much everywhere they travel, so there should be a service that works well for them.

• Mike Thaler December 31, 2017 at 1:24 pm #

We have used YTTV in Oakland, Miami, and LA. No problem. Of course they have locals in all those areas.

• Chris Childs December 31, 2017 at 9:48 pm #

I agree, I had Playstation Vue for several months and just cancelled it today because YouTube TV just became available in my market and at $35 a month is $10 dollars less for the same channels I was getting on Playstation Vue. Unfortunately YTTV is not available in every market yet so I’m not sure if that’s an option for your parents or not.

• Herman222 January 2, 2018 at 12:24 pm #

Besides the out of home issue, I’d also suggest that Vue make it easier for sports watchers who follow specific teams. Currently, when you DVR a sport you get ALL the instances including all teams making a small pain to find the team or game you are looking for.

As far as the branding “improvement”, you can call it whatever you want as long as it works and gives you the features you want.

14. southhendo December 31, 2017 at 10:43 am #

Good stuff. I do think the thing over “PlayStation” in the PS Vue name isn’t as significant as it used to be. Their commercials clearly indicate that it is supported on multiple devices. If their subscribers were far behind all the other major players that argument would carry more weight, but that’s not the case.

• filmex December 31, 2017 at 11:16 am #

I tend to agree. Over the past six months Playstation has been pretty creative in promoting Vue, with the service being advertised as Vue, preceded by the PS logo (not the word Playstation), with the constant advisory that you don’t need a Playstation. I think anyone who is considering cord cutting, and seriously looking at the various services, will find out rather rapidly that a PS is not needed.

And in that yesterday’s Fiesta Bowl is now known as the Playstation Fiesta Bowl, it would seem Sony is not going to relegate the Playstation brand to second-tier status anytime soon.

• Kal December 31, 2017 at 12:43 pm #

I would disagree, mainly because I’ve never seen a commercial or ad for Playstation Vue. (Guess I’m not in their target demographic!) If I hadn’t done my research last summer when I cut the cord, I would not have known that you don’t need a Playstation.

• Tom Austen January 3, 2018 at 11:34 am #

I wouldn’t consider signing up for pay TV (or anything else, for that matter) without doing research. Making the extra effort to get all the facts before making a purchase decision is something I view as a responsibility, not an inconvenience. I would never rely on a 30-second television ad to tell me everything I need to know about a major purchase.

With regard to the advertising, Sony has shifted that into high gear. The Vue ads are more creative, informative, and frequent. They now appear on OTA channels as well as cable. Yesterday, I saw ads on CNN that explain how to set up multiple profiles so different family members can have their own Vue profile.

15. rich g December 31, 2017 at 10:45 am #

i would like all of them to have a separate viewing profile for users on the same account , something like netflix and maybe separate recordings also,

• Rocksleeper December 31, 2017 at 11:43 am #

I agree! PS Vue has this…and I loved it on their trial. They’re just missing a couple of channels I like that DTVN has in $35 package. But PS Vue has the best setup I think.

16. Cooper McChester December 31, 2017 at 11:03 am #

Good article Luke, I send people to your reviews when they are thinking of shaving the cord or cutting the cord.

17. thespacecowboy December 31, 2017 at 11:04 am #

YouTube TV needs to allow me to FF commerical on things I’ve recorded. I did the trial again and they still do it. PS Vue allows this, and despite not having as good an interface, Vue wins for me.

• NCAviator December 31, 2017 at 11:49 am #

I do that all the time on Samsung SmartTV and love it. I just up arrow. Then right arrow down the play timeline, then down arrow when I think I am past the part I don’t want to watch. Works great. Best of any service.

• Mike Thaler December 31, 2017 at 1:31 pm #

I have no trouble FF on many programs like sports. I can FF thru CBS programs (commercials) the first day but can’t after that. AMC seems to allow wife FF thru commercials on WD.

18. Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 11:04 am #

Your comment of Sling TV would be great for Sports Fans but I think that is a major cost. I think, if it is offered, it should be a Sports add on and a News add on for Fox News or a substitute for CNN (I don’t think anyone watches both any more). Sling has the most complete slate of major and minor “cable” channels (like AMC and TNT) at the lowest cost and that is their major strength

19. Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 11:10 am #

Vue has the most complete lineup for me. You Tube doesn’t have TNT and Hulu doesn’t have AMC. Also, Vue has Fast Forward on recorded shows and includes all my locals. The only problem is that they raised me from $35 to $40 shortly after I signed up.

20. Ray Baker December 31, 2017 at 11:42 am #

If Sling tv had Discovery channel I would go back to them.

21. bond009 December 31, 2017 at 11:48 am #

I would like Sling TV to improve their picture quality. The video does not buffer, but it seems to degrade every few minutes. For Directv NOW a DVR has been in the works for so long, it must be mentioned as a top priority.

22. Steve Allison December 31, 2017 at 12:05 pm #

Sling should add OANN….

• Sunflower December 31, 2017 at 7:22 pm #

So should PS Vue : ) Or better yet, free OTA for everyone.

• Der January 1, 2018 at 2:40 pm #

What about just using Pluto TV?

• Sunflower January 1, 2018 at 2:45 pm #

I was replying to Steve’s comment that Sling should OANN. I think that PS Vue should also add OANN. Or if OANN could be put OTA, maybe by Sinclair-Tribune. What does that have to do with Pluto?

• Der January 1, 2018 at 6:57 pm #

Oops, I thought you meant about cord-cutting in general.

23. NCAviator December 31, 2017 at 12:12 pm #

I was excited about your headline and then disappointed with your article. You wanted to list one thing each service should do. The fact is/was that cable companies in most markets had a monopoly on their customers. Like all monopolies; they get fat and sloppy. Cable and Satellite companies have significant cost in their hardware and supporting it. Then comes along companies that can go global and expect their customers to buy their hardware and install/operate it. They thought they could just pass the cost to their customers and opened a window for streamers.

We are in the middle of a major shakeup and economic conflict. All of the current major streaming providers are owned by content broadcasters or owners except for Youtube.

I hope and wish that the streaming services will not follow the traditional cable solution. That is what they are doing though. Guides, Locals, channels. There is an opportunity to reinvent the content delivery model. I had actually hoped the content creator would team with the streaming delivery companies or create their own. That is what Netflix and Amazon are doing.

There is always a thinking to support the status quo. The FCC will clearly do that.

My hope for 2018:

1) Total A la cart channel selection and cost. Let the consumer select the content/channels they want. No bundles. I would expect the content creators to create their groupings and do away with transitional channels.
    2) ESPN get in the game and offer 4K and multi-game APP on all the devices that can support it like they have on Apple TV.
    3) Do away with guides, locals, and delivery times. Let users watch it when they want, where they want. Amazon is doing this with Grand Tour. Works great. And in 4K HDR too.
    4. The government/FCC should be consumer focused. This transition and upheaval will be a major fight. The consumer must be protected.

• Dean G December 31, 2017 at 12:33 pm #

There will never be an A La Carte selection of specific channels, you’d be paying way more in cost to do so. People want locals and guides, it’s the 2 biggest complaint in every forum. LOL, good luck in getting anything consumer focused in this admin.

• NCAviator January 1, 2018 at 12:06 pm #

Guides are 1950. Remember your parents buying a paper subscription. In the 2018; you should be able to watch the content when you want, where you want on what you want iff released by the content creator. Multi-channel broadcast is also the future. ESPN has done a great job on the AppleTV. They could capture the sports market if they made it 4K. They could charge for it. Don’t know if it is possible on low end devices like Roku.

Steaming services have to stop trying to be cable companies and people should stop asking them to be one too.

The best thing that could happen is for the content creator to be separate from the distributor. Is starting to happen.

I would expect Apple, Google, Sony and Amazon to take over in the near future and companies like AT&T, Dish, Comcast to go away.

• Malignar December 31, 2017 at 12:53 pm #

I think we all want A La Carte. That would be utopia, if a bit expensive per channel. Those that live in far out rural areas are going to want locals on streaming services. Also there is no reason to do away with guides, they sure are a lot easier to use than Hulu or Philo’s silly UI’s.

24. Garry December 31, 2017 at 12:12 pm #

I don’t know where you get the idea that everyone wants sports. I personally do not want to pay equivalent cable prices so that people who want sports are subsidised by me. If they want sports, fine make it an add on. DTVN is doing fine. Even with their issues, they are number one on every site I read, including this site. I assist a lot of streamers in my community. Main reason they want to cut cord is high prices that sports cause.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 12:23 pm #

I will give Direct TV Now a spin when they have a DVR for everyone. They have all the channels that I need but they have had their issues and no DVR. If they keep their price at $35 with DVR then they will have everything I need that Vue has for $40. But so does Sling because I can record my own OTA channels in my house with my setup and pay only $30 for Sling.

• Garry December 31, 2017 at 1:13 pm #

I am testing BETA with HD and DVR. You will be impressed and happy. When bugs are worked as with anything in life, it will be awesome. Apple constantly sends updates to correct bugs. Nothing in life is PERFECT. LOL!

• filmex December 31, 2017 at 2:21 pm #

I look at it like this. DTVN has no business charging people as if they have already refined their service. It’s as if you went to a restaurant only to find out the owner is charging full-price while his cooks are still learning how to cook.

• Garry December 31, 2017 at 4:18 pm #

Where did you come up with that? I’m still paying same price I signed up for.

• filmex December 31, 2017 at 6:43 pm #

I don’t remember Amazon or Netflix rolling out with a half-ass service. Their service was always worth the price because they weren’t working out the kinks while using a paying customer base for consumer testing.

Outfits like DTVN are charging you for you telling them about the bugs in their service. They should be giving credit to their customers for, if and when, they finally figure it out.

• Al Lookingland January 1, 2018 at 12:12 pm #

Direct tv Now has been promising a direct Samsung app. Loved the direct tv Now experience but the poor reliability of 3rd party appliances needed to get it have driven me back to cable. Rebooting my fire tv box more than daily drove me off the deep end. I hear the ROKU box is not any better. When they release the app, I may go back.

• Joellyn Carpenter December 31, 2017 at 6:21 pm #

Most of the services do make you pay extra for sports. Sling TV has add on sports channels for 10.00 and for DTVN, the higher priced packages have the extra sports channels.

• Garry December 31, 2017 at 6:33 pm #

My comment was for Luke. He suggested DTVN add NFL package because that is why people stream to get sports. That is not true.

• John Burgess January 1, 2018 at 9:15 am #

just because it is not for, does not make it true. nfl network is not 5 or 6 channels of disney own price gougers. 7 to 8/subscriber bucks for those espn. the disney kids channels are high too

i do not have kids and do not want to pay disney channels, either.

25. utahanglo December 31, 2017 at 12:20 pm #

This is a great idea, but to include Philo and not Hulu makes no sense. Philo offer a good basic service, but Hulu offers so much more and I would like to have seen them in this article as without it, it’s not a true comparison.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 12:25 pm #

Hulu is great for people that have the $5.95 or $7.95 Hulu because it is included. I need AMC so it is not for me right now.

• Fred Koot December 31, 2017 at 1:21 pm #

If you can wait Netflix has all the Amc shows

• Steve December 31, 2017 at 4:11 pm #

Hulu is in this article.

26. Michael W December 31, 2017 at 12:42 pm #

I have tried every service except Fubo and I am currently with DTVNW. I am a grandfathered user of DTVNOW and I love the value for the price.

PSVUE–Grandfather old prices in areas where one or two locals are present. Fix the Roku app and stop dropping channels

DTVNOW–XBOX support and finish the DVR. Also How about the NFL Network?

Hulu/Youtube TV–Excellent Apps/DVR but they need more channel options

• Rocksleeper December 31, 2017 at 4:26 pm #

NFL network doesn’t really bring anything IMO. Most live games they have can be viewed elsewhere…and you can just got to the NFL channel on YouTube if you want hours and hours of historic clips, analysis, highlights…pretty much everything the network does without making your service more expensive 🙂

27. Jason Moore December 31, 2017 at 12:51 pm #

Vue needs to add a way to go directly to a channel without having to scroll through the guide. I know there are favorites but this is not the same.

Also, their interface needs some serious work. Otherwise Vue does almost everything we need. Very happy to have switched from DTV.

• James Webb December 31, 2017 at 2:28 pm #

Totally agree! Most of these services don’t offer a mini guide which is pretty much essential imo. They need something for easy channel surfing since there are no channel numbers. Sling is about the only one that gets this as they offer a quick pop up mini guide to scroll thru while you watch your show.

• Matt December 31, 2017 at 3:32 pm #

Not sure what device you use, but the firetv Alex voice remote does this. Very satisfying to sit back and say “Alexa switch to ESPN”

• Jason Moore December 31, 2017 at 4:09 pm #

Sony xbr android tv. Using the Sony remote for everything. I’ll try the voice search.

28. Ameridutchman2014 December 31, 2017 at 12:52 pm #

As many before me wrote, I too disagree with your opinion of having to have sports channels. I don’t care about it one bit. To each his/her own. Why pay for something I do not care for, same with the propaganda so called biased news not to mention being blasted with commercials every 3-5 minutes which is pathetic. I don’t need brain washing on my time, have learned to think for myself. I have tried many of these streaming services and they all are too expensive for the content they offer. I am not paying any streaming service to be blasted with sports, commercials, propaganda, I want what I pay for namely pure add-free movies, entertainment, educational non biased shows. One can only find those with a needle in a haystack. So NO, In do not agree with your opinion.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 1:03 pm #

Vue has everything you want and if you record it then you can fast forward through commercials, including otherwise over the air channels. Otherwise you are somewhat limited to Netflix DVR and/or Netflix Streaming and PBS or Fox (if that is what you think unbiased is for you).

29. Moose and Squirrel December 31, 2017 at 1:02 pm #

Slingtv is the best option for me. The only issues I have are with bugs and inconsistency and the once every week or two I get an error and cant access or watch my recorded shows. I could care less about the news network that is under 40% accuracy..

Vue is nice but the higher cost and 30 day limit on the DVR are problematic.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 1:08 pm #

You nailed it as far as I am concerned, although I don’t have the problems with Sling that you seem to have, but Vue is the best if you are willing to pay $40. Another thing I have found, since I can record OTA channels, is that you don’t need a streaming service in the fall. I plan you go back on Sling around April to Sept. If I miss something on the “cable” channels that I want to watch, I can probably get it “On Demand” in the Spring. That saves me 6 months of streaming costs.

• Moose and Squirrel December 31, 2017 at 1:19 pm #

Yeah, I have inconsistency when starting play on a show still recording. Half the time it asks if I want to watch live or start over, the other half it just starts playing. I have a 240/12 internet connection, roku is hard wired to the router and every other streaming service (vue, netflix, hbo, hulu, etc) work great. But sling will give me the swirling orange ring for 10-30 seconds and sometimes crap out. I also periodically get errors that the service is unavailable or my recordings aren’t available right now.

I experienced some similar issues with Sunday Ticket a few years ago. Not enough server/network capacity on their end. Directvnow seemed to have the same problems for their first 5-6 months, although I never used it.

30. charles perry December 31, 2017 at 1:04 pm #

I disagree with adding Fox News to Sling, at least as part of a basic package. Besides having no credibility as a news organization. Fox charges way too much to its suppliers. This is why Philo won’t carry them. If it must be added, put it in News Extra and raise the price of that.

• James Webb December 31, 2017 at 2:22 pm #

And I would like CNN (Constantly Negative News) not to be a part of my package. If it must be added, put it in the News Extra and raise the price for that.

• Old Friend December 31, 2017 at 3:47 pm #

The median age of a Fox News viewer is 68, according to Nielsen. Good luck selling a streaming service to them…

• Cableguy December 31, 2017 at 6:14 pm #

I’m 68 and have been streaming about two years. I’m not alone.

• rosalyn221 December 31, 2017 at 9:13 pm #

Me too, but I am 67 with more friends streaming.

• JN373 January 2, 2018 at 9:01 am #

I had to LOL at your comment. I’m 76 and have been a techie since I had to learn to use DOS and Lotus 123. Don’t know where you get your ideas about “old” people.

• Jim Vugteveen January 2, 2018 at 10:07 am #

I am 79 and have been a cord cutter for about 18 months.

• Tom Austen January 2, 2018 at 1:25 pm #

If you think the news channels are negative, just read some of the posts in these forums. Anybody over a certain age is presumed to be a techno-retard. As a retired IT professional at age 63, I resent such stereotypes. I was probably building personal computers, teaching people how to use them, authoring websites, programming database applications, etc. while you were still in diapers.

• James Grayson January 6, 2018 at 5:05 pm #

I am 78, and I believe I am among the original streamers. My steaming device was a Sony DVD player with built-in internet capabilities. Hulu, Netflix, and apps on the DVD player allowed me to cut the cord.

• Tom Austen January 7, 2018 at 11:39 am #

Hopefully Old Friend has gotten the message by now that age discrimination is not appreciated.

• Your_right___of_course January 9, 2018 at 8:52 am #

ehh.. we haven’t had Fox news for 2 years now and I don’t miss it a bit.

• Tony Bassham January 1, 2018 at 8:43 am #

All news channels are negative news. Its what people listen for. I do however agree with you that they could all be in a news add on, if you want it, pay for it.

31. Malignar December 31, 2017 at 1:18 pm #

I think this all outlines that there is no definitive best service out there currently. They all have big issues. I will say that when DTVN comes out with a DVR and works out the tech issues, their $35 package will have a significant leg up on the competition. So much so, that I would think that they would have to raise their prices.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 1:21 pm #

Most have added $5 when they add DVR.

• Garry December 31, 2017 at 4:20 pm #

That’s FAIR. I don’t want or need DVR.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 4:21 pm #

Sling is the least expensive and they have the DVR as an option. I think they are the only one. They also have all the channels that I watch

• Beefgalore December 31, 2017 at 6:20 pm #

No, Philo is the least expensive WITH the DVR included at $16. And you don’t have to worry about DVR “space” like Sling with unlimited recordings for 30 days. May not have your particular channels though.

32. Adam Winfield December 31, 2017 at 1:36 pm #

You’re clearly a sports and fox news fan.

33. donald December 31, 2017 at 1:40 pm #

sling needs to add destination america, outer max, 5 star max, thriller max, action max. cbs abc nbc fox pbs local stations. sling also needs to up their hours on their dvr as well.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 2:06 pm #

Sounds like Cable is for you

34. Darrell Birkey December 31, 2017 at 2:54 pm #

Fubo is also missing MLB Network. A must for me. That’s why I got Vue. I think it is generally a good thing that some services are heavy on sports and others have none. One of the biggest motivators to cut the cord was non-sports fans who were forced to pay for sports.

35. Peter Chase December 31, 2017 at 3:01 pm #

PlayOn includes DIRECTV NOW, so there’s your DVR.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 3:02 pm #

what is Play On

• Peter Chase December 31, 2017 at 3:16 pm #

Check out []. It uses your PC as a DVR, and you watch via Roku. They also have a cloud DVR.

• Peter Chase December 31, 2017 at 3:19 pm #

You can also watch with other devices besides Roku. Several as a matter of fact.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 3:22 pm #

I just looked it up and it looks like it is a one time $25 lifetime license and it has ad skip. Do you have any experience with this? I assume that you must have a streaming feed from the channel, like ABC. It must come from a service and not OTA.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 3:28 pm #

It doesn’t look like you can use Sling without the DVR and this service. It looks like only Direct TV Now as far as the streaming services talked about here.

• Peter Chase December 31, 2017 at 3:45 pm #

You can see available services on PlayOn here: [] and click on “See all channels.” I would like it if they also carried Sling.I do have it installed, and it does work. I have not yet tried the cloud DVR, but it seems pretty straight forward.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 4:00 pm #

So do you start the show you want to record and then press record or select from their menu of shows and episodes and schedule the recording. Right now with all the services that have DVR’s, you select the future show and choose whole season/recent or just that episode. I don’t see how you could look up a show on DirectTV Now and select it for a future recording. I also don’t see how you could do it for two shows in the same time spot for a future recording

• Peter Chase December 31, 2017 at 4:03 pm #

You might want to read/browse their FAQ and User Guide. [I don’t work for them, but it does say you can record anything, even video from web sites with a browser plugin.]

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 4:17 pm #

You said that you had it installed. How do you future record a show or multiple shows in the same time slot? Do you also have a service like DirectTV Now and if so how do you look up that show and schedule it to record in the future?
            I think you can only record something that is actually playing on your screen at the time you want to record it.

• Peter Chase December 31, 2017 at 4:25 pm #

I would direct these questions to the folks at PlayOn here: [they are very helpful]
            [email protected]

• Rocksleeper December 31, 2017 at 4:16 pm #

I could be wrong..

But when I tried the trial last month, it looked like it could only download On-Demand content from DirecTV Now. It didn’t have the ability to show me what episodes were upcoming, and if I wanted to record them.

For example, my roommate likes Impractical Jokers. When I went to it in “PlayOn” on the DirecTV channel, it only had three episodes to download. So I chose “Record All”, thinking it would start recording ALL the episodes TruTV was showing that day (About a 5 hour stretch). But I came back the next new episodes. It looked like it was only checking “On-Demand”…and not actually recording the stream.

Has it changed? If it is like a true DVR where I can select ANY episode on ANY channel that is coming on throughout the day, and just record it normally….I’ll pay for it.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 4:35 pm #

I looked up the user guide from the link Peter Chase provided below. It only works with “On Demand” content listed on a particular website after you enter your individual credentials. i.e. CBS Big Bang Theory full episodes list

• Rocksleeper December 31, 2017 at 5:12 pm #

I can also add shows to my “Watch List” on DTVN, and be notified when there is a new On-Demand show ready to view. Then I can just it On-Demand on DTVN without a third party app.

I really don’t see what “PlayON” adds to DTVN. Definitely not a DVR.

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 5:15 pm #

I was thinking the same thing but then I realized that I hate watching those same 6 commercials over and over again with OnDemand and PlayOn with Roku has the commercial skip, which is worth $25 right there. Then there is the fact that I think it remembers all your log on’s for the various On Demand and organizes everything in one place. Plus if you have the log on credentials for the shows and channels then you don’t actually need DTVN.

• Rocksleeper December 31, 2017 at 5:35 pm #

I guess I can see the usefulness. And a one time charge of $25 is really cheap fro some of those features.

But the original poster is advertising the service wrong. It is not a DVR for DTVN. I can’t just record a random episode coming up in the next half hour. If it is not On-Demand, I can’t download it.

The service is basically downloading On-Demand material from different streaming providers and putting them in one place, and give you the ability to skip commercials. That is a decent service for $25. But it is not a DVR service.

• Richard Remmele January 1, 2018 at 1:18 pm #

I bought the PlayOn license for $25. You have to get the free one and wait for the offer by email, otherwise it is $30. A nice feature is that it organizes all the shows that don’t have a sign in requirement requirement and shows them as a “click on” picture on the front page. So if you miss a episode of a show that you are watching, you don’t have to hunt for where you can stream it. With PlayOn, you can stream it right now, bookmark it (called PlayMark), or record it for later.

I did have some failed to record when queing up The Good Fight from the free month of CBS all access, but it tells you in PlayMark and you just click on the link to restart the recording. Since it is recording the stream, it takes the full time of the episode to record it.

36. xrb December 31, 2017 at 4:37 pm #

Just cut cable and initially went with PSVue their $45/month I thought was the best fit for my NBA needs (local CSN, TNT, ESPN and NBA TV). I’ve now subscribed with SetV and it’s freaking awesome for only $20/month. I get all my NBA stuff with includes NBA LP and tons of channels, TFC was icing on the cake. Only downside is they don’t have DVR yet. Just used my existing Firestick and bought 4K Firestick for my bigger 4K TV. Quality is ok compared to PSVue but I think I’m sticking with SetV

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 4:46 pm #

It seems like you turn over a rock and find another Streaming Service pop up. Over 200 stations plus UK stations listed. Some very odd channels but many normal ones –

• Fred Koot December 31, 2017 at 5:02 pm #

It’s illegal

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 5:19 pm #

I doubt that it is illegal. You have to enter your credentials for each channel to reach your legal On Demand content. All it does is automate it for you and records the episodes.

• Fred Koot December 31, 2017 at 5:22 pm #

I think you are thinking of Play on ,which is questionable. This post is about Set tv which is illegal

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 5:24 pm #

Yes, you are right. I have multiple threads going here. SetTV does kinda look like it might be questionable, but I don’t think that about PlayOn

• Fred Koot December 31, 2017 at 5:36 pm #

I tried Play on over a year ago. Didn’t like the Fact that my email addresses came up when I played a recording. Not sure the legality of recording off the internet, seems like they were putting the responsibility on me.

• Fred Koot December 31, 2017 at 4:59 pm #

Please don’t promote illegal sites and Cord Cutters please delete the post.

• Rocksleeper December 31, 2017 at 9:28 pm #

Settv has Labossiere as a major player in it. This is the same guy that bought the domain AndroidTV to trick people that they were going to the legitimate androidTV site….then sold his crappy, knock-off set-top-boxes:

He’s a scammer…none of his sites are legitimate. If he is offering 500+ channels for $20, Then he is obviously paying the content providers NOTHING, or else he wouldn’t be making a profit. He currently doe not have the legal right to stream these channels.

In other words.. Settv is created by a scammer that is using illegitimate means to provide television to customers. They will never have a DVR, because they are IP pirates…they don’t have legitimate servers..or any means to store their data.

37. Justin Jay December 31, 2017 at 5:00 pm #

“Green Bay” is somehow a major big ten market more worthy of a mention than Minneapolis / St. Paul? Such a troll 😛

38. Brianna Holmstrom December 31, 2017 at 5:20 pm #

You do NOT need a PlayStation for Vue!!!! Get your facts straight before you write articles like this!!! “A single PlayStation Vue account can simultaneously stream live channels from the service on up to one PS4 console and one PS3 console in the same home. Additionally, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, iOS, and Android devices can be used for additional streams, with up to five total devices supported at once.”

• Richard Remmele December 31, 2017 at 5:23 pm #

The article did not say that. It said that they are losing possible customers because they have PlayStation in the name. He said:
      “If I could change the name to anything I would go with Vue TV. That
      would allow Sony to continue to build off of the current brand. I would
      than use a slogan such as “TV for Everyone” as a way to promote the idea
      that Vue works for everyone not just PlayStation Vue subscribers.”

• cpkidwell December 31, 2017 at 6:34 pm #

He was referring to new potential customers thinking you need a PlayStation because of the name. Lol get your facts straight

• Tom Austen January 3, 2018 at 10:50 am #

“This has likely cost Sony thousands and thousands of subscribers.”

I’ve heard that claim before, but I think it’s questionable. There’s no actual way to quantify the possible loss of business over alleged name confusion–it’s basically somebody’s wild guess. Between Sony’s TV advertising and the information on the Vue website and FAQ pages, it should be clear to anyone that multiple devices are supported. All you have to do is listen and read.

39. Garry December 31, 2017 at 6:43 pm #

From the looks of the reactions, I would suggest you stick to reporting Cord Cutters News. Opinions are like A- – Holes, everybody has one. Lots of them here. WOW!

• Lynnneez December 31, 2017 at 11:56 pm #

Umm I think from the looks of the responses he did exactly what he intended. I’m sure he hopes he can illicit this kind of response to every article he posts. Also, don’t forget that those who agree tend to not post it, while complainers tend to post more.

40. Robert Anthony Hartzell December 31, 2017 at 6:53 pm #

Vue needs to make the locals an optional add on for $10 a month. Some of us have no locals available, while others already own an antenna. A&E’s channels and NHL Network would be wise for them to add.

Hulu and Fubo both need to add a mid-tier plan for DVR. Right now both offer very little hours for free, or way too many hours for a lot of money. Something for $5 would be more ideal.

Sling needs to be a little more generous with their DVR. No free version, and 50 hours for $5 isn’t great. Also, get Disney on board with DVR and multistream.

Youtube TV, Philo and Directv Now are spot on.

41. Gregory Littles Sr. December 31, 2017 at 11:23 pm #

Let’s be real. Cable tv prices are ridiculous high for nothing. Its a shame basic tv has turned into a waste. Forget all those other ones. Sling needs to add NBC, CBS, Fox, and MSNBC to its line up. Everything else is junk for $59 a month. The only thing super great abt having Sling is the access to ESPN 3 and SECNetwork Plus. Outside of tht, I will stick to android box tv for everything else. Comcast and AT&T got a bonus for ripping me off. Enjoy it because they won’t get not another dime from me for anything else ever again.

42. FranchisePlayer January 1, 2018 at 12:17 am #

I’d like for all of the services to have an option where you can go into your account and view how many hours you watch each channel. I have a decent idea of the channels I watch but don’t really know what my other family members may be watching. Plus, we all occasionally watch a show on a channel we may not regularly watch and I’d be curious how the total hours line up each month. Given how many channels I have available, I’m sure it’s less than 10 that cover 95% of my monthly viewing. I just want to know which 10.

DTVN needs profiles, categories and more pausing/FF options before it gets NFL Network. I’m in the minority with most of the commenters on this site but moar sports = moar better. Even so, DTVN has other options that would make it better, even if I’d love to have more sports channels.

43. Edward B January 1, 2018 at 4:55 am #

Direct TV Now shouldn’t charge customers who also have Direct TV.
    I also have Charter Spectrum and they don’t charge me extra for their streaming service.

44. John Burgess January 1, 2018 at 9:06 am #

DTV no nfl network…not using them
    sling no animal planet or fox news, use them for price
    philo plan to check out, no nfl network or fox news,tho
    ps vue i started on elite slim, which was taken away and STILL do not even have one local station went to sling
    all the others do not have nfl network,animal planet, fox news, and/or amc (deal breaker)

• Malignar January 1, 2018 at 10:32 pm #

I found I don’t need nfl network. I miss maybe two games a year without it. I didn’t realize amazon or Twitter various outlets have access to those Thursday night games. You may be hurting yourself ruling services out due to that network.

45. Hal Grimley January 1, 2018 at 10:03 am #

We love Playstatin Vue, but they need to add a package without sports channels to lower the cost.

46. Jdmac29 January 1, 2018 at 11:55 am #

Sling should add one more stream for the orange package. I think they have 3 for the blue package. I wonder if ESPN would take $25 per month just to have that 2nd stream?

47. Sunflower January 1, 2018 at 4:09 pm #

DH would like to see the PS Vue guide have more detailed info blurbs when the tv selection is highlighted, rather than just the show name. He complains about this on the OTA guide too.
    I’d like to be able to drop the PS Vue channels we don’t want and pay less : ) Why can’t we build our own package bundles?

48. Sean Berends January 1, 2018 at 11:47 pm #

I would like BTN, but it’s not killing me and not worth a price hike for Sling. However, it WOULD be nice if the BTN football games were not blacked out on FS1. That was just weird and annoying.

49. JN373 January 2, 2018 at 8:38 am #

Totally agree with adding Fox News to Sling TV. That would certainly add a huge number of customers and would keep me there. Big Ten would add a lot, also, but I would not want to pay a higher price. Keep the sports an add on. I would recommend the author send this article and comments to the respective services!

50. James Grayson January 2, 2018 at 2:39 pm #

What I would like to see most with DTVN is more stability. I have tried all the services that you mentioned and DTVN had by far the most issues with buffering. It is my service of choice, however, because a I pay $11(tax included), because I subscribe to ATT wireless unlimited choice plan.

51. Brad McGlaughn January 3, 2018 at 1:43 pm #

Biggest issue with PS Vue was no local CBS affiliate (Birmingham). I don’t mind on-demand for shows. Rarely watch live TV, but CBS live college sports is very important to me. With PS Vue, I had to get the $45 plan for SEC Network, then subscribe to CBS All Access for $5.99.

Swapped to YouTube TV and got both channels for $35. I wish you could drop all the national news channels and save some more money. Food Network and

52. Brad McGlaughn January 3, 2018 at 1:54 pm #

What all providers Really need is more A La Carte programming. Nobody wants to pay for channels that they will never watch! Most people don’t care that you offer 190+ channels. What they care about is do you offer what they want at an affordable price.

(or) Have a master package. Then let us drop channels or packages that we don’t need. Give us $0.25-$5.00 discount depending on the channel/package. Example, I hate having to pay for any news channels. If I wan’t news, I’ll check the internet! You don’t want any of the ESPNs? Cool, you get at $4.50 discount.