Over-the-air TV is entering a new golden age of TV ushered in by the new digital TV revolution of the late 2000s. More and more over-the-air TV stations are being rolled out.
Now the Sinclair Broadcast Group has joined the movement with its new over-the-air and online station called TBD TV. Launched February 13, 2017, with stations WLUK-TV in Green Bay Wisconsin, 5.3 in Syracuse New York, and streamed online at TBD.com.
The programming is aimed at millennial audiences and will combine online and over-the-air programs.
Some early programs on TBD’s schedule include:
- “10 Up”: information and “top ten lists” covering online gaming and eSports
- “Because Science”: explanations of the science and physics behind fandom and fantasy figures, hosted by Kyle Hill
- “While You Were…”: recaps the week’s top online news stories
- “Best of the Week”: showcases the week’s best viral videos
- “Big Red Lazor”: a hybrid talk show and video game competition
- “QYOU UP”: weekday morning presentations of inspiring and inspirational videos and music
- “QYOU ZONE”: showcases “the wildest, funniest, hottest web videos on the planet”
- “QYOU PRIME”: early evening presentations of trending online videos and undiscovered features
- “QYOU EDGE”: weird, wacky, and gritty web videos presented during TBD’s overnight hours
- “This Week in Fails”: FailArmy’s showcase of epic fails(for example, stunt mishaps) caught on videotape
- “TableTop”: Wil Wheatonand guests highlight and play various tabletop games
The Sinclair Broadcast Group says it will continue to roll out TBD TV across the United States throughout 2017.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our live Q&A, weekly news recap, and more.
Follow us for more cord cutting news, tips, and reviews.
Plus, join our Tech Support Facebook Group for cord cutting support from our community.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get our weekly newsletter, the latest deals, and much more.