Today Mohu announced a new amplifier called FirstStage. According to Mohu this new antenna amplifier will “improve antenna performance with better reception and less pixelation than other amplifiers.”
“The FirstStage amplifier marks a long journey from our original paper-thin TV antenna, but its ability to enhance the viewing experience and set the bar for antenna technology reflects the same goals we’ve been committed to since 2011.” – Mark Buff, Mohu CEO & Founder
The most interesting part of this filter is it does not need power at the end of the antenna. In Mohu’s blog post about the antenna they said: “also designed to make installation as easy as possible, FirstStage doesn’t need a power source at the end of the antenna — so placement is more flexible.” You will still need to plug in the amplifier according to Mohu just not at the end of the antenna.
According to Mohu, the new FirstStage amplifier will come with most of their new antennas including Blade, Sail, and updated versions of the Leaf family.
About Mohu Blade Antenna:
- Free TV For Life: 60 mile range HD antenna for TV to access high definition over-the-air TV channels without a cable or satellite subscription, including ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, Fox, Univision and more
- Amplified Digital Antenna for HDTV New Design: Sleek and modern bar design for indoor or outdoor TV antenna, with new innovative FirstStage amplifier now located right next to the television antenna
- Versatility to be Indoor or Outdoor Antenna: Multi-directional, no “pointing” is needed. Easy installation, tabletop or wall mountable, can be an attic antenna, comes with included 16 ft. detachable high performance coaxial cable and all necessary mounting hardware
- From the makers of the Original Paper-Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna: Derived from advanced US military technology to create a digital TV antenna
- NOTE: Enables access to free channels only – does not enable access to paid channels such as ESPN/Fox News
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!