Fans of soccer watching match

NBC Will Stream The Big Game For FREE

Fans of soccer watching matchWe are just over a week away from the Big Game and cord cutters have a ton of options to watch the game for free and legally.

According to NBC starting at noon Eastern on Sunday, February 4, on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app coverage begins with their pre-game show. Live streaming coverage will continue for free through the game. You can find the live stream of the big game on the NBC Sports Website HERE.

Now that is not the only option for cord cutters. If possible I highly recommend trying to watch the game with an antenna, because it will air on NBC. In years past some viewers have had issues with the free streams offered.

If you want to see if you can get NBC for free over the air with an antenna, visit AntennaRecommendations.com and enter your address.

Other Options

If an antenna is not an option and you want a backup plan to stream the big game, you should look into a live TV streaming service. DIRECTV NOW, Hulu, PlayStation Vue, YouTube TV, fuboTV, and Sling TV all offer NBC is select markets. We recommend you visit each service to see if they offer NBC in your area before the game starts.

Here is a guide for what service works with what devices:

Streaming Player Sling TV PS Vue DIRECTV NOW YouTube TV Hulu Beta Fubo TV Philo
Roku X X  X X X X
Fire TV X X X  X X
Apple TV X X X X X
Chromecast X X X X X X
iOS X X X X X X X
Android Phones/Tablet X X X X X X X
Android TV X  X  X  X
Xbox One X  X X
PlayStation 4 X

There you go. The full guide of how to watch the Big Game on February 4, 2018.

Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

26 Responses to NBC Will Stream The Big Game For FREE

JimmyHoffaHendrix January 27, 2018 at 10:49 am #

I was getting worried about how to watch the SB. Recently cut cable and now have psvue. Psvue does NOT have my local nbc (and I’m in tampa). The other week during wildcard games on nbc I could NOT watch the games on psvue or through nbc sports app as the app said I was not authorized to watch . Ridiculous!
    Right now really like psvue and the dvr capabilities are awesome and easily make this survice better than any without dvr.

Rocksleeper January 27, 2018 at 11:16 am #

Are you too far away from a tower to get it through antenna?

JimmyHoffaHendrix January 27, 2018 at 12:01 pm #

This is an option I was beginning to consider. Now that game will be free through their app I am good until next year when football season starts. If my loccal nbc is not on vue at that point will either have to get antenna or change to another service.

Rocksleeper January 27, 2018 at 12:29 pm #

If you live close enough to a tower, I highly recommend one anyway. They broadcast in HD, and absolutely no buffering. Plus you get the major 4 (FOX, NBC, CBS, and ABC) along with CW, Comet, MeTV, etc. When I Iived close enough, I got 50+ channels to supplement my streaming, and always preferred watching live games on it than my stream… The stream is subject to be degraded to lower quality at any point, and buffering.

streaming_in_oklahoma January 27, 2018 at 6:29 pm #

Totally agree. If you can pick up local channels with an antenna…by all means, do it. At least you aren’t “beholden” to the internet to provide possibly much-needed weather information, at the very least. It’s definitely worth the relatively low cost, and little bit of time and hassle.

Qubit January 29, 2018 at 10:42 pm #

I put up an OTA antenna about a year ago when I cut the cord. I tied the output from the antenna into the cable that was already in place for Cox cable. I now have access to the OTA signal on every TV outlet in the house. I get all the channels you mentioned and then some. I actually use the OTA more than I use my streaming apps. If you are close enough to the towers to get OTA, it is definitely worth the one time hassle.

Me January 27, 2018 at 11:27 am #

If you’re actually in Tampa you should be able to get in channel 8 without much issue. it is hi-VHF but if you’re close to tampa that still should be an issue.

stumpy579 January 27, 2018 at 3:59 pm #

I’m in the same boat no local NBC on Vue or any of the other services. To make matters worse I can’t get any ota channels. Yet I pay the same as everyone else. I use USTVNow,Set Tv,Kodi or whatever means it takes to watch what I am already paying for. NBC(Comcast) is the only network that won’t allow you to watch on the app if you don’t get the live local. Typical Comcast greed. If I hoist the Jolly Roger and watch with a patch over my eye and a parrot on my shoulder it is justified. How generous of them to “let” me watch the Super Bowl. Comcast is lower scum than any pirate.

demarcmj January 27, 2018 at 10:58 am #

YOU CAN CALL IT THE SUPERBOWL!

Me January 27, 2018 at 11:01 am #

You’d be shocked how quick the NFL will sue someone for using that word without paying them. they are the Disney of the sports world.

Chris Gagner January 27, 2018 at 3:20 pm #

Technically, ESPN is the Disney of the sports world. 🙂 But I get your point.

bayportbob January 27, 2018 at 11:22 am #

i thought this was about the NHL all star game…….

Malignar January 27, 2018 at 11:52 am #

Lol

Cord Cutters News January 27, 2018 at 2:25 pm #

You would think but that is a trade marked name owned by the NFL as is Super Sunday. They are very aggressive in protecting it form anyone who wants to make money using the name.

charles perry January 27, 2018 at 4:54 pm #

Exactly how does the NFL think you could monotize a name from a news release? THIS IS INSANE!!

Me January 27, 2018 at 11:22 pm #

This site has ads right? So people that come here for the article this site gets ad impressions and thus paid for those impression. how do you think this site makes money? This isn’t a hobby for them.

charles perry January 28, 2018 at 3:19 am #

DUH of course it has ads!! But how is reporting a press release making money for CCN or taking away money from NFL? NBC wasn’t paid for that item nor were they expecting to be!

demarcmj January 28, 2018 at 8:03 am #

And news stations on TV or radio have commercials. Everyone needs to make money. That doesn’t change anything. It’s still just reporting on news, which is fair use. Basic stuff.

charles perry January 28, 2018 at 10:03 am #

Exactly!! Would the NFL go after the New York Times, the Washington Post, or the Wall Street Journal for using the phrase “Super Bowl”? OF COURSE NOT!!

streaming_in_oklahoma January 27, 2018 at 5:03 pm #

How ridiculous is that?!? But I guess the game-whose-name-cannot-be-uttered is like Black Friday for the NFL. Maybe it will help undo the lack of attendance, ratings, etc due to the idiotic protests done by players, and backed by the owners and the league.

Oh snap! Can I even say Black Friday?!? Or is that trademarked, too?? :/

demarcmj January 27, 2018 at 8:56 pm #

The fact that the NFL is especially litigious doesn’t change fair use rules. You’re reporting news. It’s fine.

charles perry January 27, 2018 at 4:52 pm #

Yea, why are you guys always afraid the NFL will sue you? Whamo never sued them for modifying the phrase “Super Ball”!

streaming_in_oklahoma January 27, 2018 at 3:22 pm #

This is good news for those without access to NBC either OTA or from a streaming service. We have our local NBC affiliate available, but sometimes have to move the antenna around to get it to come in with distorting.
    Good move on NBC’s part!

BloodLust January 27, 2018 at 9:16 pm #

Wow, You can watch for free with an antenna. I’m not sure why they feel like they need a pat on the back for this. In my opinion it should be streamed for free.

Me January 27, 2018 at 11:19 pm #

Not everyone lives in an are that you can get in NBC with an antenna. Also more and more “TVs” being sold are actually displays that lack tuners in them.

Jack Smith January 28, 2018 at 7:33 am #

Why not just stream it on regular YouTube? I find this so incredibly bizarre in 2018 that this is still not happening.

Or you are suppose to watch a show at a particular time slot and it is shown once. Or 1/4 of an hour show is commercials. How in the world does linear TV ever think they have a chance to survive? The people that run these companies must be as dumb as rocks.

We got YouTube TV and with the unlimited channels and unlimited storage we basically have linear TV on demand for $35 a month. But why on earth can it not just be advertised for what it is? Instead Google has to back into it. Does the TV management even realize that Google is offering TV on demand? Or did Google trick them?