A recent update from Netflix allows users to apply PIN codes to individual profiles, allowing parents, for example, to keep their kids from accessing more adult-oriented fare.
The new feature is one of several Netflix announced today as it introduces more granular controls. Among the new additions:
- Users can assign PIN codes to protect profiles from unwanted access.
- Titles can be filtered out based on age ratings, and those filters are tailored to rating systems used in different countries.
- Movies and shows can be blocked on an individual basis.
- Profile settings can be fine tuned in the Profile and Parental Controls hub.
- Parents can view watch histories for their kids’ profiles.
- Episode autoplay can be turned off in kids profiles.
“Choice and control have always been important for our members, especially parents. We hope that these additional controls will help parents make the right choices for their families,” Michelle Parsons, a kids product manager at Netflix, wrote in the blog post.
The new features should be available now, so if you’ve been looking forward to more refined controls, especially with so many of us staying home right now, you can check them out by accessing your account settings.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.