Last week Nvidia announced plans to roll out Android 8.0 to their Nvidia Shield. This brings a new look and many back-end fixes.
Now it looks like Nvidia has paused the update after finding “a couple of issues.” Here is what a Nvidia Rep posted online:
We’ve uncovered a couple issues thanks to feedback from our preview program that we’d like to fix prior to rolling out SHIELD TV Experience Upgrade 7.0 to more users. We’re actively working to resolve the issues that have been encountered and hope to be able to restart the rollout shortly.
We appreciate your patience and want to ensure you have the best experience possible. Stay tuned and we’ll provide updates as we have them.
We don’t know exactly what issues Nvidia found but pauses like this are fairly common. Both Roku and Amazon in the past have paused rollouts or even rolled them back after finding issues with updates. So a pause of a rollout is not unusual.
Here are a few new features found in the 8.0 update:
- Hold Home button to see All Apps
- Hold Back button to bring up Settings, including Sleep Now
- Double press Home button to bring up Recent Apps
- Hold Select button (or Abutton on gamepad) on content to add to Play Next
- Hold Select button (or Abutton on gamepad) on apps to move or remove
- While on a Channel-row, navigate all the way left to move or remove it
Source: Android Police