The Nvidia software update 8.0.1 update is currently rolling out on Nvidia Shield TV devices.
The update is designed to help with issues streaming 4K content from the devices. However, the company calls it “a big step towards” fixing the known issue, not a complete resolution. The issue wasn’t affecting all apps, but others like VUDU were affected.
The update includes the following system, display, storage, network, and accessory fixes.
- Redesigns Volume UI for android P
- Resolves occasional video playback issues
- Fixes bug incorrect volume control reporting accessibility feature enabled
- Resolves navigation sound issue
- Resolves “Drive address format is not valid” message seen when connecting to NAS
- Resolves USB DAC issue where audio volume would be set low after reboot/DAC hotplug
- Resolves issue where side loaded apps appear as system apps
- “Match content color space” feature now displays correct format
- Fixes bug where “Match content color space” would not work when display set to RGB
- Resolves issue playing VC1 content
- Resolves Sdcard/InternalStorage accessibility issue when adopting storage
- Resolves issue where storage is reported as full after adopting storage
- Improves 4K streaming issues when network connected over Wifi
- Resolves rare Wi-Fi disconnect issue
- Fixes bug where manual DNS entries would not be saved
- Improves IR control reliability on some Denon and Sony receivers
- Improves SHIELD Remote App connection and control issues
- Resolves SHIELD Controller 2017 OTA stability issues
- Fixes issue where forgotten SHIELD accessories still appear in SHIELD
- Resolves automatic centering issues on some controllers
- Adds support for STRQUA G20 keymapping
- Resolves mouse issues in PUBG Mobile on SHIELD
- Fixes Google Play Store crashes issue
- Restores option to set default launcher
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!