Late last year Sony announced that its PlayStation Vue service would be adding many new local stations. Now for the second week in a row PlayStation Vue has added 20 new CBS local affiliates. Now more than half of their subscribers have access to their local CBS station.
Here is the full list of the new CBS stations that have been added in the last week: (Note this list is as it was sent to us from Sony.)
Added Wednesday, 1/18/17
- Lincoln & Hastings-Krny – 10/11 Now
- Tallahassee-Thomasville – WCTV
- Augusta-Aiken – WRDW 12
- Fargo-Valley City – Valley News Live
- Wausau-Rhinelander – WSAW
- Topeka – 13 WIBW
- Rockford – 23 WIFR
- Monroe-El Dorado – KNOE 8 News
- Odessa-Midland – CBS 7
- Albany, Ga – WSWG
Added Thursday, 1/19/17
- Dothan – WTVY-TV
- Cheyenne-Scottsbluff – CBS Newschannel 5
- Alexandria, La – CBS Channel 2
- Sherman-Ada – CBS 12
- Laredo – CBS Laredo
- Twin Falls – KMVT 11
- Panama City – Local 18 News
- Charlottesville – WCAV TV
- Harrisonburg – The V
- Parkersburg – The Newscenter
With the addition of these 20 CBS stations about half of PlayStation Vue subscribers can access their local CBS station, which is great news for the estimated 10% of Americans who struggle to access CBS for free over the air.
It always sounds great to say free over-the-air CBS covers 90% of the American population; however, that still leaves about 20 million Americans who will struggle to get access to CBS. Hopefully more local stations jump on board to offer local channels as an option to stream.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.