PlayStation Vue is Adding More Sinclair & Hearst ABC Affiliates Today

Today PlayStation Vue has quietly started to add ABC affiliates from Sinclair and Hearst Television. (At this time we are unsure how many of them have been added.)

So har here are the ABC affiliates we have confirmed:

• WCVB – ABC 5 – Boston, MA
  • KDNL – ABC 30 – Saint Louis, MO
  • WSYX – ABC 6 – Columbus, OH
  • WJLA – ABC 7 – Washington, DC
  • KATU – ABC 2 – Portland, OR
  • KOMO – ABC 4 – Seattle, WA

Did you notice a new ABC affiliate on PlayStation Vue? Leave us a comment and let us know what local was added. As best we can tell this will put PlayStation Vue well over 200 locals by our last count. (This could be dated we don’t have a recent count to go by.)

PlayStation Vue now offers locals in over 75% of the United States with at least 1 local and in a growing number of markets you will find multiple locals. This puts PlayStation VueYouTube TV, and DIRECTV NOW in a tight race for locals behind Hulu who now has well over 300 live locals.

If you noticed any locals being added please use the contact us button on the site to let us know.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

39 Responses to PlayStation Vue is Adding More Sinclair & Hearst ABC Affiliates Today

1. jsward12 January 10, 2018 at 7:06 pm #

Confirmed ch5 is in Boston!

• TaiPeng January 10, 2018 at 10:57 pm #

No WMUR 9 NH though.

2. Butch McGee January 10, 2018 at 7:35 pm #

How about A&E and History channel?

• Michael Smith January 10, 2018 at 7:42 pm #

I agree!

• Phantom_e January 10, 2018 at 10:40 pm #

One complaint that I have is that many of the streaming services have either A&E or AMC, but not both. DirecTV Now has both, but no DVR right now. Frustrating.

• Carl Collie January 11, 2018 at 8:24 am #

Maybe you should consider cable. All the OTT providers are trying to keep their packages in the $30 to $50 range, this means they have to make choices on what to carry. With so many channels owned by such a few companies it is hard. Apparently VUE has chose not to include A&E and Viacom and focus on DVR, Sports, News and Locals, Sling skipped the locals and news, and Directv does not have a DVR and charges a few bucks more for more channels. I have learned to live without a few channels because it saves me over $75 a month.

• Mike Thaler January 11, 2018 at 8:33 am #

The IDEAL service would offer all the channels and then let you hand pick just the ones you want.

• Barbara R January 11, 2018 at 9:00 am #

That can’t be done because of the contracting issues involved. As Carl said, a small number of companies control many channels. The appeal of cable is that it offers almost everything for everybody, but at a higher cost. And then people get angry about paying for stations they don’t watch. Everything in life involves tradeoffs.

• Fred Koot January 11, 2018 at 9:22 am #

The bottom line is you have to make sacrifices. There are plenty of choices now, with no contrats. Don’t fotget Netflix has AMC and CW content. Hulu has FX and some History.

• Carl Collie January 11, 2018 at 9:11 am #

Well in that case my IDEAL would be for them to provide all channels I want for free, but that is not going to happen so you might as well stop with the fantasy. Figure out what you can live without and find the service that best meets those goals and then be happy with how much you are saving.

• Barbara R January 11, 2018 at 9:42 am #

Also, just think about all the programs you don’t want to watch. Maybe we each need or deserve a channel containing only the specific programs we want, and not have to pay for others.

• Rocksleeper January 11, 2018 at 12:52 pm #

PS VUE focuses on locals? They and Sling are the only two that have none in my area.

I went DTVN because they have Viacom, AMC, AE and Discovery channels, along with two locals… And all the sports channels I wanted for $35. I also got the Showtime add on. So all of that for $43. Plus a free device (paid for four months to get the Apple TV 4k).

No DVR sucks, but I can use my credentials pretty much on any channel app, and unlock all that channel’s On Demand material…which includes shows that just aired. I’ve been able to find all my recently aired shows this way.

But that’s why there are choices. Those who love DVR shouldn’t use DTVN. I just wouldn’t say PS VUE focuses on locals… They don’t offer anymore than any other service… Except maybe Sling.

• Carl Collie January 11, 2018 at 1:06 pm #

They have said they will have all 4 major networks in every market, that will not happen overnight. I have all 4 and no other service has more than 3. There is no true cable alternative in the OTT market, I just get sick and tired of every damn article everyone comes on here and says the same damn thing. If they would just get _____. Or if we could just pick our channels. Everyone is different in what they need or want, I for one place the DVR as number one as I don’t watch TV like its 1989 or have to go to a different app to watch one show, and have no access to live events. But others may not, that is what makes it so nice to have choices, if my choice is not your that’s fine you don’t have to dump on them, you do you and I’ll do me. And yes VUE does focus on locals and has continued to add locals as fast as they can negotiate agreements.

• Rocksleeper January 11, 2018 at 1:25 pm #

Then I think it’s just fair to say Hulu and DTVN also focuses on locals… Since they are also also constantly adding more markets. And some markets PS VUE is taking much longer to get than the other two. And I’m sure it is different in other areas.

• Carl Collie January 11, 2018 at 1:31 pm #

I never mentioned Hulu, both both Hulu and DTV have much more clout to get those agreements than Sony does, but I agree the all feel locals are part of their strategy.

• Rocksleeper January 11, 2018 at 1:38 pm #

We have to come to that rare moment where a conversation has ended in agreement on a message board.

Happy VUEing!

• Phantom_e January 14, 2018 at 12:55 am #

I still have cable, but I’ve been test driving many of the streaming services Netflix and Hulu as well. There’s just a couple of shows on A&E and AMC that I would like to watch live so that’s the only reason. As soon as DirecTV gets their DVR service running that may be the way to go.

• Me January 11, 2018 at 1:47 am #

A&e and history are owned by the same company as well as Lifetime channels. So you see adding one would probably mean adding several channels which means price increase.

3. Michael Smith January 10, 2018 at 7:42 pm #

No local ABC for northern Michigan.

4. southhendo January 10, 2018 at 8:41 pm #

Confirmed: ABC Seattle (KOMO)

5. A Commuter January 10, 2018 at 9:49 pm #

Scranton/Wilkes Barre, Pa???????????????????

• stumpy579 January 11, 2018 at 8:01 am #

Not one Scranton/WB local on Vue. The only service that has any is Hulu which has Fox 56. My physical address is in the S/WB region but Vue is mistakenly giving me the Southeast Pa. lineup which gives me the Harrisburg CBS station. It has been this way for the past 18 of the 21 months I have had Vue. I will never tell them about it unless WB/S gets locals. I contacted WBRE/WYOU about six months ago and asked when will they be available on Vue and the guy said “whats Vue?” I believe WB/Scranton will be among the last to get locals on any of the services.

6. Phantom_e January 10, 2018 at 10:39 pm #

KDNL is in the house! 😀

• Paul Gaydos January 11, 2018 at 4:43 pm #

Now just need KTVI back!

7. TaiPeng January 10, 2018 at 10:56 pm #

I’m glad I use YouTube TV or Directv Now because PS Vue still has no ABC NH. I don’t want Boston stories and Boston weather. They should have two ABCs but they only have Boston’s ABC. Never going back to PS Vue.

• Carl Collie January 11, 2018 at 8:26 am #

Maybe it is not VUE but your local ABC station that will not agree. There are two parties in every negotiation. Just don’t assume Sony is the one, however they are in business and maybe they fell there are not enough customers in your area to justify the added cost. However their are other options and that is what makes cord cutting in today’s world so great, you are not tied to one monopoly in your region.

• Barbara R January 11, 2018 at 9:02 am #

Live free or die! Greetings to New Hampshire.

8. Katina January 11, 2018 at 1:29 am #

Yes, I have my local ABC. I now have all locals with Vue.

9. Me January 11, 2018 at 1:44 am #

ABC is the only one still lacking. Have the rest even MyTv

• Chris Freeman January 11, 2018 at 7:56 am #

What area do you live in? I am in DC and I have to watch MyTV OTA.

10. Joe Vitale January 11, 2018 at 7:50 am #

I live in Wash DC area and ABC7 is now available!

11. Chris Freeman January 11, 2018 at 7:54 am #

Yes, I am in the D.C.area. As soon as I got home from I turned on my PS Vue and got a notice that they added my local ABC station to my package. I wanted to know will they add CW and ION to PS Vue?

• Fred Koot January 11, 2018 at 9:19 am #

Nobody knows what Sony is planning on doing.

• Chris Freeman January 11, 2018 at 10:38 am #

I know right! I bet they are going to wait until Hulu and YouTube provide those channel before they make a move.

• Rocksleeper January 11, 2018 at 12:33 pm #

It is not the channels “CW” and “Ion” that VUE is negotiating with. It’s Hearst, and Sinclair, and Nexstar, and all these other companies that own the local affiliates.

So it depends who owns your local “CW” affiliate, if they are willing to negotiate with PS VUE about streaming their broadcast. So only your LOCAL station would know if negotiations are going on. It has nothing to with CW itself.

12. Debbie M January 11, 2018 at 9:03 am #

As of a few hours ago still no KATU in Portland, OR.

• Mr. Ro January 11, 2018 at 5:17 pm #

Mine showed up yesterday. Did you try logging out then back in?

• Debbie M January 12, 2018 at 8:21 am #

No but it was there next time I turned it on so I didn’t have to try anything.

13. John Burgess January 11, 2018 at 6:54 pm #

sure wish they would quit ignoring south carolina cities…not one local in the capital city…which also has a college and military base…lol.