playstation-vue-screenshot-05_1920

PlayStation Vue Adds CBS Live Stream in New Markets & Updates Their Fire TV App

playstation-vue-screenshot-05_1920

Update: Sony PR has confirmed the stations that have been added to PlayStation Vue.

Cord Cutters News is receiving reports from readers that PlayStation Vue has added CBS live stream in new markets. The reports from our readers suggest that the CBS stations being added are currently stations owned by Raycom Media, that owns just a few CBS affiliates like the one in Cleveland, OH. (Update: it seems other CBS affilate stations are being added to PlayStation Vue but not all.)

For now it seems that markets with just a live CBS stream is still just $29.99/month. Markets with local channels are typically $39.99/month.

CBS PS

Here are the Markets that have added CBS:

·        Austin-KEYE

·        Charlotte-WBTV

·        Cincinnati-WKRC

·        Cleveland-CBS9

·        Grand Rapids-Newschannel3

·        Harrisburg-CBS21

·        Salt Lake City-KUTV2

·        San Diego-CBS8

·        West Palm Beach-CBS12

Has CBS been added in your market? If so please post a comment here with the station ID and town.

Fire TV

We can confirm that PlayStation Vue’s Fire TV updated yesterday and now supports 60 FPS.

PlayStation Vue Packages:

• Access: 55+ channels, including live cable TV, movies and sports channels for $29.99 per month ($39.99 in cities with major live local broadcast stations*).
  • Core: 70+ channels, including all the channels from Access with the addition of live national and regional sports networks for $34.99 per month ($44.99 in cities with major live local broadcast stations*).
  • Elite: 100+ channels, featuring all the channels from Core with the addition of top movie and entertainment channels for $44.99 per month ($54.99 in cities with major live local broadcast stations*).

PlayStation Vue is available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Google Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Fire TV Stick on your TV. Vue is also available on iPad/iPhone through the PlayStation Vue mobile app and now Android phones and tablets.

This is just the latest in what is turning into a back and forth fight between PlayStation Vue and Sling TV. Both services seem dedicated to trying to one up the other with very different approaches to how a streaming service like this should work.

19 Responses to PlayStation Vue Adds CBS Live Stream in New Markets & Updates Their Fire TV App

1. Bill Eastman July 20, 2016 at 7:03 pm #

KTBC is FOX O/O and is included in Austin, TX for no additional cost.

2. Don K July 20, 2016 at 9:01 pm #

I can confirm that here in the Cleveland area we are now getting our CBS affiliate WOIO. For the record, it is CBS19, not CBS9 as listed. Now if Vue could finally deliver both of our RSN’s, I’ll be a happy camper (or cutter).

• tmcb82 July 21, 2016 at 7:59 am #

I’m in Columbus, OH and we got WOIO (instead of our local) for some reason! Not a big deal though, as I get my locals OTA.

• Don K July 21, 2016 at 1:00 pm #

Yeah, I’m pretty much in the same boat. I have a good rooftop antenna so OTT locals aren’t as important to me as RSN’s. That being said, I’m kind of happy to see WOIO on Vue because it is my weakest channel OTA. It is one of only two stations that are still broadcasting in VHF (actual channel 10) and my antenna is UHF. I still get a fair signal but on bad weather days it sometimes drops out.

3. Nick Hernandez July 20, 2016 at 9:46 pm #

I live in Dallas area and am also a VUE elite user. I didn’t see my city on the list… Does that mean I’ve been overlooked or it hasn’t been implemented in my city yet?

• Cord Cutters News July 21, 2016 at 10:05 am #

I live over 3 hours away from Dallas but some how we got Dallas stations even though I am far closer to Austin.

• john smith July 23, 2016 at 3:18 am #

it depends on which county you live in

• john smith July 23, 2016 at 3:16 am #

it depends on which county you are located

4. kevinmct July 20, 2016 at 10:59 pm #

Boston got it,WBZ4.

5. CityBoy July 21, 2016 at 12:48 am #

how’s the 60 fps look on the fire tv?? can anybody tell the difference?

• matthew pivonka July 21, 2016 at 1:04 am #

Not noticeable on basic tv but tuned into a few races and you can tell the difference there.

• CityBoy July 21, 2016 at 1:06 am #

Sweet, I am gonna try PS Vue out once my Sling TV 3 months runs out 😀

• Don K July 21, 2016 at 1:43 pm #

I don’t know if it has anything to do with 60 FPS, but the picture quality of my newly added local channel is outstanding. It looks better than the over-compressed picture I got with cable.

6. 1EYEDJimmyBivvins July 21, 2016 at 7:55 am #

Vue added CBS21 Harrisburg, Pa. I live about 50 miles from Harrisburg,Pa. This is NOT my LOCAL CBS channel. The cable and satellite providers have the Wilkes-Barre Scranton locals and that is the area VUE has me under. I don’t believe i should be getting this channel and it will be a problem for NFL broadcasts. They did not charge extra for this channel but i need my real local stations by football season or back to cable.

• tmcb82 July 21, 2016 at 8:03 am #

I got the wrong CBS also. I live in Columbus, OH and got Cleveland 19 instead of Columbus 10.

7. Roy Aguilera July 21, 2016 at 10:46 am #

“PlaySttion 3”
    No such device LOL

8. Don K July 21, 2016 at 1:18 pm #

My question is, are they going to eventually include the stations’ subchannels? I tend to watch them almost as much as the primary channels.

9. Mike Hatch July 21, 2016 at 11:38 pm #

Salt Lake City zip used for Playstation View – KUTV – Channel 2 – Watching in Cedar City

10. Wade January 20, 2017 at 12:35 pm #

Fargo, ND (58104) now receives the local CBS live.