Cheerful couple cuddling and sitting on the couch watching tv at home in the living room

PlayStation Vue Is Struggling to Reach Non-PlayStation Owners

When PlayStation Vue first launched, the service was limited to a few markets and only worked on Sony-owned hardware. A few years ago it expanded to other devices including the Fire TV, Roku, and Apple TV. Although many still think you need a PlayStation gaming system to subscribe to PlayStation Vue.

This week PlayStation’s VP and head of PlayStation Vue, Dwayne Benefield, commented on the state of their live TV streaming service.

“It was just two of us [Vue and Sling TV] for a couple of years, and that was a challenge for awareness,” he said. “There was a lot of education needed. I think the entrance of a few others has actually increased the awareness and peoples’ openness to looking at the internet for delivery of their pay television.”

Benefield went on to say that while the company hit a milestone last year with usage on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, outnumbering the number of PlayStation devices most new signups are still on Sony PlayStation devices.

This does not surprise us here at Cord Cutters News. We regularly hear from readers who say they want to try out PlayStation Vue but cannot because they don’t own a PlayStation gaming system.

While the easy fix for this seems to be a name change to Sony Vue or Vue TV, this is something Sony seems unwilling to do; however, they note that broader customer acquisition outside of PlayStation gaming systems is a major goal for the company.

Source: CableFax

85 Responses to PlayStation Vue Is Struggling to Reach Non-PlayStation Owners

1. tompendergast January 31, 2018 at 8:02 am #

Admittedly, I’m a dinosaur. I won’t go anywhere near anything that has Playstation, Xbox or Youtube in the name. Go away, adults are playing here. Shoo.

• Rocksleeper January 31, 2018 at 9:02 am #

I can understand Xbox and Playstation, but YouTube?

YouTube is used quite a bit in the ln the professional and school settings for training videos. And I’ve use it plenty in my IT career to show me new things… Along with home maintenance.

Xbox and Playstation are made just for games. But YouTube is used in every setting by every type of person.

• tompendergast January 31, 2018 at 11:48 am #

Youtube is idiots eating cinnamon and Tide pods. Youtube is rednecks blowing things up. Youtube is people finding a way to rip off recording artists. No, thanks.

• Wambie January 31, 2018 at 12:10 pm #

Seriously? You’re kidding right? That’s like saying you refuse to use fire because it can be used by arsonists.

• tompendergast January 31, 2018 at 12:19 pm #

Pretty sure cavemen would have ran arsonists out of town on a tree trunk. Youtube welcomes these morons and idiots. I haven’t (willingly) opened a Youtube video since I figured this out.

• Rocksleeper January 31, 2018 at 10:56 pm #

If you boycot content providers because they have a channel of people doing dumb things..

Then I assum you don’t watch any TV.

• tompendergast February 1, 2018 at 4:45 am #

I tend to be selective with my moron viewing. Watching two dumb asses build a ramp so they can break bones in their bodies is pretty low on the list. I guess you defenders of the ‘tube will need to get your views from somebody else.

• Rocksleeper February 1, 2018 at 12:32 pm #

Can I ask what channels you currently watch that absoulutly show no morons? Something YouTube should model after?

• tompendergast February 1, 2018 at 1:07 pm #

Never said that, stop putting words in my mouth.

Watching people who ARE morons and watching people INTENTIONALLY TRYING TO BE morons are two different things.

Go eat a Tide pod.

• Rocksleeper February 1, 2018 at 3:39 pm #

I don’t watch YouTube for tide pods or people being morons..

Thanks though.

• Dean G January 31, 2018 at 9:03 am #

That doesn’t even make any sense……

• tompendergast January 31, 2018 at 11:46 am #

Whatever. Go shoot some aliens.

• Darrell Birkey January 31, 2018 at 11:41 am #

I’m 63 and watch everything on my Roku players. The name doesn’t stop by from watching.

• tompendergast January 31, 2018 at 11:46 am #

I use Roku, apparently you missed my point?

• Dean G January 31, 2018 at 12:00 pm #

You have no point other than clearly looking for some internet attention. Congratulations you got some. Unfortunately it just wasn’t the attention you thought you would receive. Awww, wipe your tears.

• Darrell Birkey January 31, 2018 at 1:52 pm #

Since are both Playstation Vue and Youtube channels are on Roku and you use Roku, your point is not valid. You would not use them simply because of the name?

Youtube TV has not yet been added to Roku but Youtube Red original series are available. No matter which streaming service I use or switch to, it’s going to be Roku. Why would the name matter to you?

• tompendergast January 31, 2018 at 3:34 pm #

I’m talking using a Roku device, you’re talking programming sources. Let me try again. I would never stream my content through a Playstation or Xbox, and no matter what I use for hardware I would never buy content from any flavor of Youtube. OK, I blurred the lines at first by combining hardware and programming for my list. Mea culpa.

• Andrew Lindeman January 31, 2018 at 6:03 pm #

How about Atari? I cut my teeth on an Atari 2600 in the early 1980s. That was my first console. The next console I bought was a Playstation 3 in 2007 or so – mostly to use as a blu-ray player.

• tompendergast February 1, 2018 at 4:42 am #

Many outcomes of that “but you can also use it for…” scenarios in life, most of them have bad consequences.

One of the rules of life:
        Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

2. neppie January 31, 2018 at 8:23 am #

Was just exploring their site and they don’t make it easy. They should begin with re-branding and offering longer trials.

• John Brewton January 31, 2018 at 8:29 am #

I agree a re-branding would be good, especially that everyone is trying out the different options as part of there new years resolution to cut the cord. By mid-end February, most of the trials would have run out and people will be settling in to there new services. Harder to move people once they find something they like.

3. John Brewton January 31, 2018 at 8:23 am #

Just call it Vue TV and be done with it. I have tried them all Sling, DTV NOW, Hulu Live and by far I PS Vue has worked best for my situation.

• Brian @chatlegion.com January 31, 2018 at 9:48 am #

Agreed! DTV Now is a mess (buffer buffer buffer), Hulu TV has no clue how to present live channels and a guide of any sort (terrible), and well Sling… i’ve tried it and it’s just not for me. PS Vue has it all, in a nice little packages. Only thing missing is the A&E network of channels. But we will keep working on them.

• Bart January 31, 2018 at 8:14 pm #

If they wanted to, they would’ve changed the name already, but Sony wants PlayStation Vue to be a gateway to the PlayStation Network (aka their ecosystem), as is the case with PlayStation Movies and PlayStation Music. In the end they hope the consumer will buy a PS console so he can be locked in for life (or at least a few years). In this scheme, it is essential that it is called “PlayStation Vue”; they just can’t abandon the PlayStation brand, that’s their big money maker and it’s the heart of their ecosystem (and Sony’s entertainment division in general).

It’s not an easy task for Sony. They have a perception problem that Vue is only for PS consoles, and they need to step up their ads that tell it isn’t necessary. But at the same time they have to avoid focusing too much on the “unnecessary” aspect of the PS Console, as they still want to sell you that console later on.

4. TaiPeng January 31, 2018 at 8:31 am #

Still? No it is not the name. It is the uncompetative pricing. They are one if the most expensive options that costs as much as cable. They are losing channels or putting them in more expensive tiers. People don’t want cable 2.0.

• Soyntgo4it January 31, 2018 at 8:34 am #

Wah you want the best pay for the best have had VUE for over a year no issue what so ever..

• TaiPeng January 31, 2018 at 11:03 pm #

The best has to cost the most? You sound like a gullible Verizon Wireless customer.

• Soyntgo4it January 31, 2018 at 11:27 pm #

LMFAO you are a serious moron. Don’t bother replying but I surely know you will cause that is what trolls do best. VUE is the best out there it’s the best priced you pay for what you get the best. It hardly expensive either. Has the best packages out there despite no Viacom channels. No loss there they have no good programming.. I just think you are the gullible one troll as you follow what everyone one else does. So sad lil troll.

• Barbara R February 1, 2018 at 8:49 am #

I can hear Connie Francis singing “Who’s Trolling Now?”

• Fred Koot January 31, 2018 at 8:53 am #

They are the same as everyone else, go back under your rock.

• Scott January 31, 2018 at 9:00 am #

Fred, you have it wrong on this one. DirecTV Now owns the block on price per channel over most, if not all, services. I can come back with some figures, but Vue is probably number 3 behind Sling and DTVN. Just because the price range is similar, doesn’t mean the service is the same.

• Fred Koot January 31, 2018 at 9:03 am #

Yep neither Sling or Now include an unlimited Dvr. Vue owns the block on features

• Rocksleeper January 31, 2018 at 10:32 am #

Sling and VUE just do dvr differently. I wouldn’t say one is better than the other.

I like to DVR cartoons and movies when I know family is coming to visit in a few months so I have a decent library… Or perhaps I see a documentary I think my uncle will enjoy. With Sling, I can make room and record what I want… And know it will be there when family visits.

With VUE, I’ll have to figure out the last day my family will be there, and count back 28 days.. And make sure not to record anything before that or it will just be deleted.

Sling and VUE just do DVR differently… Wouldn’t say one way is better than the other. I will say Sling’s way is better for me.

• Darrell Birkey January 31, 2018 at 11:39 am #

Of course any of us can say one is better more me. Better for everyone would not describe any service,

• Brian @chatlegion.com January 31, 2018 at 9:51 am #

DTV can’t own anythying. What’s the point of paying for a service that sucks. I have top quality internet, and DTV will buffer over and over during an hour show. It’s pathetic.

• Nathan John Ganiere January 31, 2018 at 5:45 pm #

yeah seen a lot complain about the buffering on DTVN and also Sling too, funny thing is I can’t say I’ve had the issue with either in the past, knock on wood I guess……..

• Jeffrey Fish February 5, 2018 at 11:09 am #

I had the same buffering issues with Hulu Live TV. But PSVue has been problem free since we switched over.

• Phillip January 31, 2018 at 4:41 pm #

He is not spewing nonsense, and don’t ever tell anyone to go under a rock ever again!

• Dean G January 31, 2018 at 9:02 am #

Go away already with your nonsense. They are not the most expensive and give more channels than others for the same cost. Take your meds

• Scott January 31, 2018 at 9:41 am #

In what world is Vue cheaper and offers more channels than others?
        For $5 less than Vue, you can get 60 channels with Directv Now. That is 10 channels most on average, which comes to 1.71 channels a dollar for DTVN. With Sling, you get less channels, but also pay less money. Even still, you are getting 1.5 channels per dollar. Compare that with Vue’s 1.25 channels per dollar… well I don’t think I need to explain the “more than, lesser than” math.

• Dean G January 31, 2018 at 10:02 am #

LOL, DTVN loads it’s lineup with crap channels. Just because it has channels it’s not channels worth watching. That doesn’t equate value, savings or money well spent. To say nothing of the fact you watch the blue square of death more than a program. Buffer, Buffer, Buffer. Their ondemand is just as bad if it is even available. No DVR, their guide is a mess if it even loads and don’t even get me started on their “customer service” only available through online chat with someone who clearly doesn’t understand English. Pluto offers tons of channels for free, that’s what you should be watching using your ridiculous logic.

• Scott January 31, 2018 at 10:32 am #

Is it really ridiculous though, especially when responding directly to your comment? When you say the words “most expensive” and “give more channels for the same cost,” what else am I supposed to glean from it? And I was pointing to the top three services, and both Hulu and Youtube are still technically in beta still. How about instead of puffing out your chest and trying to catch me in a “gotcha” moment, why don’t you be more descriptive in what point you are trying to convey?

• UberCrew January 31, 2018 at 10:47 pm #

Vue has quite a few channels that I would consider as “crap” as well. Only difference is that Vue is missing quite a few channels that I watch. Which is why I will not consider Vue. Fairly high pricing and missing too many channels.

• Dean G January 31, 2018 at 11:21 pm #

They’re missing the A&E networks for me.. For the time being I also get Philo. But Vue gets me all my locals, all the Hallmark channels, and all the rest we watch. Nobody else offers all my locals here.

• Barbara R February 1, 2018 at 8:47 am #

Different people want different stations, and not everybody is having all those problems with DTVN.

• Phillip January 31, 2018 at 4:40 pm #

Stop it, he is not saying any nonsense, and stop telling others to take meds, don’t ever do that again!

• Dean G January 31, 2018 at 5:33 pm #

Oh ok Dad… LOL.. You should wake up to yourself as well.

• Phillip January 31, 2018 at 5:41 pm #

Don’t you dare sneer at me like that. Apologize for that comment right now!

• TaiPeng January 31, 2018 at 11:02 pm #

Directv Now has the most channels I believe but technical glitches plague the service.

• Dean G January 31, 2018 at 11:23 pm #

So what good is it then? Great, we got a service with more channels but it doesn’t work. Has zero customer service and no DVR. Does that sound like a deal to you?

• golfcarte January 31, 2018 at 9:10 am #

The way the cable companies package their offerings you are right, but with a streaming service you have a better mix of channel offerings than what basic cable provides. You end up paying more for standalone internet which makes the streaming service seem more expensive in comparison.

• TaiPeng January 31, 2018 at 11:01 pm #

Why factor in the cost of internet? Internet costs are a given since you cannot do anything without an internet connection.

5. Garry January 31, 2018 at 8:35 am #

You have to login in on their Play Station website. Need to separate the TV portion away from the game portion, and make a separate website. Hard to navigate among other problems.

6. J_Grouchy January 31, 2018 at 8:57 am #

Well…anyone interested in cord-cutting and moving to a streaming service would do a bare minimum of digging to understand their options. This would lead anyone with a brain to find out what is available to them and on what platform…so it seems like this ignorance is a sign of a larger issue.

That being said, I agree it should be broken out

• SS January 31, 2018 at 11:29 am #

You would think so. I used to think so too. But lately, I’ve realized people are very clueless about cord-cutting options – even those who call themselves cord-cutters.

7. golfcarte January 31, 2018 at 9:02 am #

I have the PlayStation Vue app on Roku, and for sports it has the most comprehensive package for the best price. The only disadvantage is you can’t watch it away from home, although the ESPN app does recognize Vue as a provider. Not sure about other apps though.

• Rocksleeper January 31, 2018 at 10:43 am #

ESPN is actually pretty good at recognizing all the streaming services. I’m not aware of any it doesn’t accept. Really does help with cord cutting when you are a college football fan… Like myself.

8. Wambie January 31, 2018 at 9:03 am #

I do not have a PlayStation but I do have Vue so I don’t think the name is the issue. Their interface however is deplorable. I only put up with it because to get all the channels on Core costs more with Sling and DTVN. Plus they have MLBN.

• Darrell Birkey January 31, 2018 at 11:35 am #

MLBN was also the difference maker for me. That you and I found Vue in spite of their poor promotion is not evidence that they don’t need a name change. 🙂
      The earliest adopters of any new service are those who seek out those services. Most people don’t seek out. They just wait until they hear. Obviously Sling doesn’t cut corners on their marketing.

9. Scott January 31, 2018 at 9:03 am #

Change the name to PS, Vue. If the layman sees it and is confused by the name, they’ll probably just assume the PS stands for Post Script. I agree with others that Vue TV sounds better, but if they want to keep their brand attached to it, make it a little less obvious to the non-gamers.

10. RED ZMAN January 31, 2018 at 9:31 am #

We’ve been on Playstation Vue for over a year and have been mostly happy with it but are going to be trying out Hulu TV next week. The fact that this isn’t and probably will never be available on our Xbox One X’s is one reason, but the constant problems we’ve been having lately with quality and pausing on networks that we watch with a good 250 meg connection is really getting old. Add on to that the fact that our price went up in the Albuquerque area but we still don’t have a single local and that Hulu TV has all but CBS in our area it’s kind of a win-win situation to leave.

We started off with fire TVs and went to the shield TV which I truly love but want to simplify my home set up some more and get back down to a single HDMI device plugged into my TV. Since Microsoft for some reason didn’t put 4K pass-through on there HDMI in port on the Xbox One X this seems to be the way to go.

I will say though when people talk to me about cord-cutting and I tell them I watch TV on Playstation Vue they usually come back with well you’re a gamer so you have a PlayStation or something like that. I explain to them that I don’t have one and how it works and only have had two people follow through and get it. They’re happy with it but also don’t understand the dumb naming conventions.

11. mikkeee January 31, 2018 at 9:44 am #

Sony Vue should be it and I agree with others that they need to simplify their account management by breaking it away from Playstation. I see everyone with some strong opinions on it being great or sucking but the bottom line is what you’re watching. For me, going from $120 for cable down to $45 for PS Vue works (and I also get all my locals in Charlotte which is a bonus). I’m missing a couple channels that I wouldn’t mind having (like History) but I’ve looked around and none are perfect.

The only issue with PS Vue for me is their DVR. Does anyone else have any issues with it? I often times receive errors starting to play from the DVR but the OnDemand for that same episode works perfectly. This happens A LOT and is very frustrating. I’m using a Fire TV which is hard wired and have a fiber gig connection so I’m fairly certain it’s not on my end.

12. Brian @chatlegion.com January 31, 2018 at 9:46 am #

I remember reading a similar article months ago about this exact issue. I actually think it was right on here from Luke. My question, why do they keep asking themselves the same question? Just do it already. A name change could only benefit them, not hurt them. They could still market to the PlayStation crowd with special offers, but have a new cool name as was suggested, Sony Vue, Vue TV… hell we’ve given them enough ideas. Personally as long as they keep the service up, I don’t care either way. The more they load up, I’m sure the more buffering and issues will show up. Look at the mess at DirecTV Now.

13. SS January 31, 2018 at 10:13 am #

They’re going to continue losing potential subscribers if they don’t cut away the “PlayStation” branding. I know part of that is to get more people to buy PlayStation but it’s a terrible long term plan.

• Darrell Birkey January 31, 2018 at 11:36 am #

They need to understand that there are actually millions of non-gamers out there.

14. TV Barrington January 31, 2018 at 10:57 am #

I feel this article hits one of the nails on the head, and I tend to agree with many of the commentators here with regards to just shorten down the name to VUE, as well as improving the DVR feature. For myself, I would like to see VUE eliminate the DVR time limit and allow the user to decide how long they want to keep shows. Instead, implement a basic total number of DVR hours with the service, and possibly sell more hours.

I sure there are many other improvements that VUE could do, but for me, those could offer an improvement. Heck, why won’t they present an email survey to users towards what improvement they would like to see happen, or surveys to all registered users (present and former) to find out what they would like to see, and/or why they left or kept the service.

• Fred Koot January 31, 2018 at 11:01 am #

This is a shared cloud dvr . The usesr can’t decide how long to keep shows.

• chenriii January 31, 2018 at 11:05 am #

Here’s someone who could not more strenuously disagree with your DVR
      proposal. Using the 28-day limit, I currently have about 2000 hours of
      material available in my DVR recordings. There is no other service at
      all that even comes close to that number of hours, certainly not any of
      the legacy cable TV services which we’ve all rejected as cord-cutters.
      Yes, Youtube TV has a nine-month storage, but recordings switch to On
      Demand recordings long before the nine months are up, which means you
      have to watch commercials. And a little secret about the Vue DVR is
      that the 28-day limit only applies to recordings, NOT to On Demand
      copies, which are available for as long as you like, even longer than
      Youtube TV’s nine months. Every day, in every way, the Vue DVR is the
      best DVR out there, OTT or cable. The enforced deletion at the end of
      28 days is a bit of a pain. My proposed solution would be the Download
      and Go option, which enables direct download to one’s local hard drive,
      which Direct TV Now supposedly will implement when their DVR finally
      comes out in a month or so. That way, if there’s a show one hasn’t
      gotten around to watching which one doesn’t want to miss, the DVR system
      would post a flag warning the user that such and such a program will be
      gone in 24 hours and does the user want to Download and Go? Much
      better solution than changing from a day-number limit to an hour-number
      limit.

• SS January 31, 2018 at 11:35 am #

With YouTube TV, I’ve always found the recording option if you look in the recordings list. or just search for the show recordings like “Scandal recordings.” I only watch the On Demand option on channels that only have like 15-second commercial breaks. Most on demand versions don’t even have commercials at all.

I signed up 3 months ago and now I have thousands of recordings because I watch too many shows. I spend more time on YouTube TV than Netflix these days because I’ve got plenty of episodes and movies to watch thanks to reruns and syndication.

And the best part is, most of this content is going to air over and over over the next 9 months meaning that I might always have them.

• chenriii January 31, 2018 at 11:58 am #

If I understand you correctly, the recordings are NOT nuked when the On-Demand versions are released. They continue to be available for the entire nine-month period. Instead, they are buried rather than deleted, making it difficult to access them rather than impossible to access them. Do I have that about right?

Gotta say if that’s the case, then that means the Youtube DVR is superior to the Vue DVR after all. If that is indeed the case, I will switch to them in a heartbeat once they fix their channel line-up (major holes still there, like CNN).

The fact is that once DirecTV Now implements their Download and Go option, and fixes their buffering issues, I will be switching. Their channel line-up is second to none; a news junkie likes me REALLY MISSES the C-Span channels, though I wish they had C-Span 3 also; frankly the committee hearings are sometimes far more dramatic than the floor stuff, though the latter can certainly be dramatic at times.

• SS January 31, 2018 at 12:23 pm #

Yes, that is correct. They just make it difficult for people to see the recorded version. If you go to the show page, it will show the On Demand version if available.

But if you look at the recent list of recordings (about 30 or 50) or you use that trick of adding “recordings” to your search, you will find it.

15. Joseph ewing January 31, 2018 at 11:06 am #

They lag behind Sling in advertising. I must see a Sling commercial with Danny Trejo every 10 mnutes. And they’re great commercials.

Vue? Hardly any commercials. And what they have are utterly forgettable.

• Celtics_Junkie January 31, 2018 at 3:56 pm #

The best advertisement award has to go to YouTube TV though. Have you seen the ads they play during ABC NBA games where at the end it zooms into the TV and its the actual game being played? So cool.

16. Darrell Birkey January 31, 2018 at 11:30 am #

I’ve had a Roku since 2010 so, when the streaming service skinny bundles started it was easy to try them. Vue is be for the best for me. There is no one best of for all, but that’s the point of skinny bundles, you the the channels and feature you want most. I agree from a marketing perspective that they should drop the PlayStation from the name. I have told many people about this service, but they need to be better promoters themselves. If it hadn’t just appeared on my new channel options on Roku, I probably wouldn’t know about it. Word of mouth is good but Sony needs to actually promote this product.

17. PaperCoyote January 31, 2018 at 12:26 pm #

He doesn’t even know his product’s history

“When we first launched, we were out there as the first OTT player with live linear content with pay-TV channels, and then Sling shortly followed us…”

Sling TV launched nationwide February 9th 2015
    PS Vue launched with a limited rollout March 18th 2015
    Last I checked February preceded March.

• Bart January 31, 2018 at 7:46 pm #

He didn’t say that, it is was the result of a transcription error. That part of the quote has been removed from the article.

• PaperCoyote January 31, 2018 at 8:12 pm #

Ah. OK. It threw me when I read the article and that quote was there because I thought “How can he not know when his own product launched?” Thanks for the update.

18. James Webb January 31, 2018 at 1:52 pm #

Playstation Crackle wouldn’t make sense, yet they insist on using Playstation branding for Vue. You don’t have to be a Vulcan to see that it is illogical. Dwayne Benefield is such a Clingon.

19. Celtics_Junkie January 31, 2018 at 3:54 pm #

Call it Sony Vue. The Sony name is iconic. While the PlayStation name is also iconic it seems to be hurting more than helping with customer confusion…Stupid consumers.

20. Rlee January 31, 2018 at 5:17 pm #

The fix is easy, they are just too arrogant to change the name.

• chenriii January 31, 2018 at 10:25 pm #

I don’t think it’s arrogance; I think this service was never intended to
      succeed; it was just intended to be one big ad for PlayStation, nothing
      more, nothing less. Have you dealt with their customer support? They
      are a complete joke; they know nothing and they fix nothing. They’re
      clearly just place-holders. Sony’s goal is to just keep the service
      alive, nothing else. They couldn’t care less about the features the
      service offers or its channel line-up; they hired some people to design
      the service without even realizing, probably, that these designers were
      damn good. The designers did their freelance job designing the service,
      then I’m sure Sony patted the designers on the head and let them go,
      and now the service just sits there, without serious promotion, without
      serious customer support, without anything but this name, which is all
      Sony ever cared about from the get-go. It really is a shame because the
      service itself is one of the best out there, possibly THE best. But
      all you have to do is look at the incredibly slow subscriber growth, as
      compared to the subscriber growth for Sling, Hulu and Youtube, and it
      quickly becomes apparent that Vue is just a storefront for Sony, nothing
      more.

21. Dave January 31, 2018 at 5:41 pm #

As a few others have said, it’s not only that the name foolishly implies that a Playstation device is needed. Even once I found out I could sign up without one, I only did so as a last resort because I felt that the service was intended for gamers and not the general public. I didn’t want to have to sign up for a Playstation gaming account that I will never use, did not want a Playstation wallet, etc. I don’t like telling anyone that I use Playstation Vue and having to explain that it has nothing to do with the gaming console. Their brand does not appeal to me at all. I do plan on switching once another service improves enough to do so.

22. Soyntgo4it January 31, 2018 at 11:28 pm #

Vue is the best you get what you paid for. Simply the best streaming service.

23. Tim Copeland February 1, 2018 at 3:17 pm #

It was the best solution out there for me. The only reason why i canceled is they don’t support smart TVs. If they do that, i’ll sign up again.

24. gchasse February 1, 2018 at 6:39 pm #

I don’t understand why Sony won’t drop the Playstation name. When I talk to others about it, I always have to point out you don’t need a Playstation to get Vue.