friday_night_tykes_still

PlayStation Vue Has Made a Small Change to Their Channel Lineup

If you subscriber to PlayStation Vue starting today you will notice a slight change in your channel lineup. It seems that PlayStation Vue is removing the Esquire channel from their Access and Core packages effective immediately.

Here is the email they are sending out to subscribers about this change:

Hello CordCuttersNews,

Thank you for subscribing to PlayStation™Vue. As of Wednesday 1/25/2017, the Esquire channel will no longer be available in the Access and Core plans. Esquire will continue to be available in the Elite and Ultra plans.

For those on the West Coast who subscribe to Elite or Ultra, the Esquire channel will now be available in HD (making Esquire available in HD everywhere that Vue offers service). As part of this change, if Esquire was added to your Favorite Channels, you will need to re-favorite it. Additionally, your previously saved Esquire DVR content in My Shows will no longer be available, but Esquire On Demand programming will continue as normal – now just in HD.

PlayStation™Vue

We do not know why this change was made but we do know the Esquire channel will be shutting down soon as it becomes a online digital only channel. Yet we don’t know why Sony is only dropping it from two packages and not the PlayStation Vue as a whole. It is very possible something will replace the Esquire channel in their lineup and this is just the first step in that change. Yet at this time that is just wild speculation.

Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

16 Responses to PlayStation Vue Has Made a Small Change to Their Channel Lineup

1. Elizabeth January 25, 2017 at 9:23 pm #

I don’t think I’ve ever watched anything on Esquire, so this doesn’t really affect me (especially since it’s on the way out anyway). What I don’t appreciate is that Vue seems to be making a habit of notifying customers of changes the day of, during the evening. They obviously know what’s going to happen earlier than that. It’s poor customer service not to give everyone a heads up at least the day before.

2. gchasse January 25, 2017 at 10:32 pm #

I don’t watch the channel either, so it has no impact on me.

I am on the Core plan which gets me the channels I want (NBA TV, other sports channels, TCM, Fox Business). When I had Dish, I needed to pay $90 to get that, so this is a deal. All the other channels Dish offered were worthless to me, so I am staying put.

• Chris K. January 26, 2017 at 9:02 am #

I’ll return to Vue as soon as my kids get their Nickelodeon channels back, even if they are in a $5/month additional package.

• Robert Schwartz January 26, 2017 at 9:20 am #

If they get back viacom be prepared to pay more! Who is in charge you or your kids? SMH

• Elizabeth January 26, 2017 at 11:42 am #

Chill out, dude. If Spongebob makes his kids happy, that’s his business. It doesn’t affect you in any way.

• MrJohnDoe January 27, 2017 at 9:19 am #

SpongeBob is on Netflix. There are plenty of other cartoon channels on Vue. it’s called compromise. Heck, I want the NHL Channel but knew Vue didn’t have it. However I compromised because VUE is that much better than DirecTV Now, Sling, and any other crap that’s out there.

• catgirllover March 15, 2017 at 1:36 am #

That is where you are wrong, because people like him then go bitching to Sony who had nothing to do with the removal of the networks that Viacom was unwilling to negotiate decent prices for.

3. analyzethis January 25, 2017 at 11:22 pm #

That channel should be replaced with something else.

• MrJohnDoe January 27, 2017 at 9:20 am #

NHL Network! 😉

4. Karl Childers January 26, 2017 at 5:12 am #

This was some time ago but I think they used to play reruns of Parks and Recreation. That’s the only thing I think I’ve ever watched on that channel. Since all seasons of that show are on Hulu it really wouldn’t be a loss for me but it would be nice if they would replace it with something else. The History Channel and A&E are pretty popular channels that are missing from their lineup.

5. supervolt January 26, 2017 at 7:47 am #

i don’t care about esquire. i just hate how PS Vue just removes channels without a good notice time. I don’t know how others handle it. Has Sling ever removed channels and how did they handle it?

• Robert Schwartz January 26, 2017 at 9:21 am #

YOU CAN ALWAYS CANCEL!! Thats the beauty of no contract.

• supervolt January 26, 2017 at 11:22 am #

I actually cancelled them when they dropped Viacom but after the horrible experience with DirecTV Now, I’m going back to PS Vue. I only watch 2 viacom shows, anyway.

• MrJohnDoe January 27, 2017 at 9:20 am #

OOOO. Good one. Still want my NHL Channel. lol

6. MrJohnDoe January 27, 2017 at 9:17 am #

Maybe replacing it with the NHL Newtork for Elite and Ultra? One can only hope!