foxnewschannel
We may earn a commission from purchases through links on our site. You can learn more here.

PlayStation Vue is Now Available in Your Web Browser

ps-vue-webThe device options for PlayStation Vue are expanding today with the addition of your favorite web browser. Now you watch your favorite TV shows, movies, and sports through PlayStation Vue on PCs and Macs starting today.

If you already have a PS Vue account, you can begin streaming your favorite TV content by heading over to https://vue.playstation.com/watch/home and login into your account.

If you’re new to PS Vue, you can sign up for a seven-day free trial through the PS Vue website, then link your account to your Android TV. We have a variety of plans available for you to choose from, including our new Ultra plan with HBO and Showtime.

Packages:

• Access: 55+ channels, including live cable TV, movies, and sports channels for $29.99 per month ($39.99 in cities with major live local broadcast stations*).
  • Core: 70+ channels, including all the channels from Access with the addition of live national and regional sports networks for $34.99 per month ($44.99 in cities with major live local broadcast stations*).
  • Elite: 100+ channels, featuring all the channels from Core with the addition of top movie and entertainment channels for $44.99 per month ($54.99 in cities with major live local broadcast stations*).
  • Ultra: HBO and SHOWTIME, plus all the 100+ channels from Elite for $64.99 per month ($74.99 per month in cities with major live local broadcast stations*).

This is still a breaking story. We will update the post when we learn what browsers are supported.

Disclaimer: To address the growing use of ad blockers we now use affiliate links to sites like Amazon.com, streaming services, and others. Affiliate links help sites like Cord Cutters News, LLC stay open. Affiliate links cost you nothing but help me support my family. We do not allow paid reviews on this site. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

11 Responses to PlayStation Vue is Now Available in Your Web Browser

Elizabeth Lee November 4, 2016 at 9:33 am #

Awesome. The app won’t work on my devices because they’re rooted. Now I can completely bypass that.

Joseph Blow November 4, 2016 at 9:44 am #

PlayStation™Vue is supported on the most recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge. PlayStation™Vue on the Web requires Flash Player.

CommodoreFan64 November 4, 2016 at 10:58 pm #

Nope I’m running it watching Impact Wrestling on Pop via DVR as I type this on my right side monitor in Chrome on windows 10 64bit, and it’s HTML5 based, but it’s still a bit of a CPU hog when in HD mode, and I have a system that can handle GTA 5 @ 1080p 60fps on high settings with little issue.

Kyle Amidon June 29, 2017 at 9:31 am #

I’m using it in Chrome now and it requires me whitelisting Flash before playing videos.
        Maybe it doesn’t fully use HTML5?

ÇrApple i-Plode 7hiS Kablooey November 4, 2016 at 10:35 am #

Anyone experiencing a slight stutter with PlayStation™Vue via Firefox web browser? It’s noticeable with channels that have a ticker scrolling at the bottom like CNBC or MSNBC. I don’t notice it with the app installed on my Fire TV Box.

CommodoreFan64 November 4, 2016 at 10:52 pm #

I’ve also noticed it a bit in the latest Chrome browser as well, and it’s also a bit of a cpu hog pegging some of my cores at 100% at times, and I’m running a quad core AMD CPU overclocked to 4.2Ghz with 16GB of Ram, with an AMD R7 360 with 2GB of ram on Windows 10, and I’ve not noticed it on any of my Roku either, even with a Roku Express+ that’s attached too my 3 monitor on my right side running the same program.

ÇrApple i-Plode 7hiS Kablooey November 5, 2016 at 3:20 am #

I should have mentioned that I also used MS Edge, and Chrome with the same exact stuttering issue. I get some stuttering when using my Fire TV box but I practically eliminated it by changing the motion control on my Sony TV. I think the stream is to blame and its just more noticeable from the browser.

holycraptheyletyouhavelongname November 4, 2016 at 12:17 pm #

Holy fucking shit PSVue, it’s a fucking web browser, how the hell did you not port the friggin guide?

Rob P. November 4, 2016 at 12:55 pm #

Wow, been looking at the new web based service, looks pretty great so far. A nice addition to an already strong offering. I am curious why Sony continues to keep the grid guide a PS4 exclusive. I wonder if it is just a shift in how they want you to think of entertainment consumption. It looks like they prefer for us to look for a show that is on (currently/DVR/VoD) versus looking at what is scheduled to come on later.

Bruce Wayne November 5, 2016 at 2:36 am #

A lot of channels are web restricted.

PCJunkie56 December 22, 2016 at 9:12 pm #

Has anyone been successful running Playstation Vue on Ubuntu Linux system? I have tried both Firefox and Google Chrome Browsers and PSVue says that they are not supported browsers? They are both the most current being updated from the Repo’s, so I’m at a loss as to where to go from here… I’m running Linux Lite Version 2.8 which is based on Ubuntu’s 64 bit OS, Version 14.04 LTS.