PlayStation Vue on Roku is Down For Many Right Now

Latin woman looking disappointed at her laptopscreen, sitting behind her desk at the office.For about an hour now Cord Cutters News has received reports of outages effecting PlayStation Vue. As best we can tell the outage is happening on some devices like Roku players but working on PlayStation 4s.

Update: We are starting to get reports of PlayStation Vue being out on other devices including the Apple TV.

Cord Cutters News is reaching out to Sony for comment and will update this story when we learn more. Have you been affected please leave us a comment and let us know the device and your location?

As always remember that an outage in one area or device may not take down a service every user. For example, a user on Roku may have an outage but the PlayStation 4 may be streaming smoothly.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

22 Responses to PlayStation Vue on Roku is Down For Many Right Now

1. Wambie February 9, 2018 at 11:20 am #

Working on my Roku express in Saginaw MI

2. Teddy G February 9, 2018 at 11:25 am #

It stalled once on my Nvidia Shield this morning. I restarted the Shield and the problem disappeared. At most, 5 minutes out for me. (Hartford County, Connecticut)

3. Amel February 9, 2018 at 11:26 am #

Was down for me for two hours on Roku…left to work pissed

• Amel February 9, 2018 at 11:27 am #

And this isn’t the first time. Over the last 3-4 months VUE has had issues…

4. jim jones February 9, 2018 at 11:47 am #

Not working on roku in Tampa

5. Rucknrun February 9, 2018 at 11:56 am #

Baltimore PS Vue on Roku is not an issue.

6. Bob February 9, 2018 at 12:13 pm #

All good here in PA now on Roku; like others it was stuck on 8:57am

7. Soyntgo4it February 9, 2018 at 12:14 pm #

Fine here working on all devices of Roku NH

8. Bob Lowth February 9, 2018 at 2:11 pm #

Was out in new york Long Island on my Fire tv and fire sticks stuck on 8:57…But working now..

9. Mike Blakeslee February 9, 2018 at 2:20 pm #

Vue is working fine here in Pennsville, NJ
    On multiple platforms too.
    – AFTV
    – Roku Express+
    – TCL Roku TV
    – Android
    They may have already corrected the problem, but just wanted to let y’all know.

10. Dean G February 9, 2018 at 2:28 pm #

Mine has been fine all day….. on Roku in Orlando

11. Chris Mattingly February 9, 2018 at 2:28 pm #

Well I use a web version on Windows 7 and Internet Explorer since Chrome is really choppy on playback. It crashed while watching Olympics last night and I couldn’t get back on on either version on any PC I have.
    Fortunately, I also have a ROKU and it worked last night. Didn’t get to use anything this morning.

After having PSVue crash before the start of the Superbowl (thankfully I have an OTA antenna), it appears they are having some issues for sure.

12. Fred Koot February 9, 2018 at 3:00 pm #

When will we get positive articles on Vue?

• Rucknrun February 9, 2018 at 3:02 pm #

That is a good question. They seem to be all in for Direct TV.

• Dean G February 10, 2018 at 10:21 am #

So it isn’t just me. Not a fanboy type with any company but it seems they are going out of their way to be negative on Vue on here.

• Andrew Webber February 10, 2018 at 10:50 am #

I had PS Vue when it first launched and thought by leaps and bounds it was the best, however, the service has really gone downhill. I left after the Viacom drop, then people had their rates change, now they’re having technical problems. Not to start a fight here, but there isn’t anything positive to say about it right now. There has been no channels added, no price changes, and from what I believed to be a really reliable service in terms of actual streaming; it sounds like there has been more and more problems. The other providers are better; they’re actually changing things. Yes, DTVN has issues, so does Sling, and all the others, but they’re offering deals, adding channels, adding app support, adding DVR or improving it. and re-working price structures. PS VUE has not done any of this.

13. Michael Smith February 9, 2018 at 3:36 pm #

Just got home and vue is up at 3:27 pm. Vue was down on my roku 3 this am from 7:20 (when I turned tv on) to around 8:20 or so after having reset my router and roku device se eral times. We had internet all that time too. This is twice in one week! Whats going on with them?

14. Garry February 9, 2018 at 6:12 pm #

Sure glad I have DTVN. Never goes down.

• Jon February 9, 2018 at 7:50 pm #

Aren’t you special.

• Dean G February 10, 2018 at 10:20 am #

LOL, no it just buffers relentlessly to the point you can’t watch a program anyhow… So there is that…

15. Bob February 9, 2018 at 7:59 pm #

Problems are once again starting with buffering like crazy. Yippeeeee much like the Super Bowl the Olympics and anything else on Vue will be unwatchable. And not just for one day

16. John B February 9, 2018 at 8:13 pm #

Major problems last night, and bigger problems this morning. I saw in the PS Vue support forum a thread started last night and Sony support asked for more info. Then the flood of other users started complaining and Sony support clammed up. This morning people were looking for support, and nothing. Heard about hour long waits for any kind of phone support. I haven’t seen any statement from Sony, has anyone else seen a statement from Sony? Will they try to compensate anyone for their recent service issues? If the issue persists I will start looking at the competition. I renew the first of every month……and February is a short month.