PLEX today updated their app on the Nvidia SHIELD with the ability to migrate SHIELD server data to external storage. This allows 16GB SHIELD owners the ability to serve large PLEX libraries without having to use local storage.
This allows you to have more storage options for your DVR with Plex or your local media. Making Plex on Nvidia Shield a great options for Cord Cutters not only to play local files but also as a DVR for your over the air TV antenna.
The good news is you can also move the content you now have saved on your internal storage to a USB or SD card. Here is how to do it:
Migrating your PLEX Server storage location
- Connect your USB storage device to SHIELD (SHIELD 2015 owners may also use the SD Card)
- (Optional) Adopt your storage to SHIELD
- Open PLEX on your SHIELD and go to Settings -> PLEX Media Server -> Storage location
- Select the storage location
- Adopted storage: Select Internal (user accessible location)
- Removable storage: Select the storage device by name
- Migration process will begin and may take several minutes to complete, depending on the size of your library
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.