Today I got my hands on the Fire TV Stick 4K. This is the newest Fire TV from Amazon and replaced the 3rd Gen Fire TV in the lineup.
Here is our full review:
A few quick thoughts:
The biggest improvement here is the remote. Not only did Amazon add the ability to control your TVs volume and power it on and off but they made a few other small changes. They changed the texture of the home button making it easier to locate without looking at your remote. They also raised the control circle making it easier to use again without looking at your remote. Lastly, they changed the door on the back of your remote to replace the batteries. It is now far easier to open and close the battery door.
All put together the remote is a huge upgrade that dramatically improves the end users experience with the Fire TV Stick 4K. Yet the device itself is very similar in performance. If you do not have use for Dolby Vision or Dolby Atmos you may not want to rush out and upgrade to the Fire TV Stick 4K. With that said if you don’t have a Fire TV the Fire TV Stick 4K may be the one to get.
If all you want is the new Fire TV Remote you can buy that remote for $29.99 and add it to your current Fire TV.
More about the Fire TV Stick 4K:
- The most powerful 4K streaming media stick with a new Wi-Fi antenna design optimized for 4K Ultra HD streaming, with more storage for apps and games than any other 4K streaming media stick.
- Launch and control all your favorite movies and TV shows with the next-gen Alexa Voice Remote. New power, volume, and mute buttons to control your TV, sound bar, and receiver.
- Enjoy brilliant picture and immersive sound with access to 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision, HDR, HDR10+, and Dolby Atmos.
- Choose from 500,000 movies and TV episodes. Watch favorites from Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access, and others.
- Experience tens of thousands of channels, apps, and Alexa skills, plus millions of websites like YouTube, Facebook, and Reddit.
- Alexa on Fire TV provides the most comprehensive voice experience of any streaming media player—view live camera feeds, check the weather, dim the lights, and stream music.
- Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to thousands of movies and TV episodes, plus ad-free listening to millions of songs with Prime Music.
- No cable or satellite? No problem. Watch live TV and sports with subscriptions to Hulu, PlayStation Vue, and Sling TV.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.