In 2018 Cord Cutters News named TCL’s 6-Series the best Roku TV under $1,000. Now TCL has a fresh update to the 6-Series with improved Contrast Control Zone technology to drive individual zones of LED lights behind the TV’s LCD panel. This lighting technology allows each zone of the TV to be brighter or darker depending on the image that’s on the screen. TCL also added Dolby Atmos audio and Auto Game Mode to the new 6-Series. This has raised the question of whether TCL’s 2019 6-Series live up to the high standards of the 2018 model or not. So here at Cord Cutters News, we purchased our own 6-Series to do a full review of the new TV.
The 2019 TCL 6-Series comes with a refreshed look and feel. The new brushed metal look and bezel-less FullView look makes the TCL TV stand out. This is a very sharp looking TV that looks the part of a screen you’d want to put in your living room.
The Picture Quality:
TCL’s 2019 6-Series Roku TV is the best TV picture we have seen under $1,000. The QLED image is beautiful with the contrast control zones offering improved blacks. And the new Auto Game Mode offers improved low latency images for gaming.
Additional details about the 6-Series TCL Roku TV:
- QLED color technology delivers better brightness and wide color volume to provide exceptionally vivid and lifelike picture performance.
- Smart Functionality offers access to thousands of streaming channels featuring more than 500,000 movies and TV episodes via Roku TV
- Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of Dolby Vision high dynamic range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture
- LED backlighting with Contrast Control Zones produce deep blacks and excellent picture quality
- FullView design provides a clean, contemporary edge-to-edge glass display that blends seamlessly into your viewing experience
- Auto Game Mode automatically enhances performance by offering the smoothest action, lowest latency and the best picture settings for gaming
- Inputs: 4 HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 (one with HDMI ARC), 1 USB (media player), RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, Optical Audio Out, Ethernet
For the price, this is a great TV. Yes the TCL 8-Series Roku TV is a great TV too but its price is far closer to $2,000. If you want a high-end TV with Roku built in, the 2019 6-Series Roku TV gives you a great TV that won’t break the bank. Add in Roku’s OS and you have access to a huge collection of streaming services making it a perfect fit for cord cutters.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!