Today Roku announced a new all-in-one Roku player and soundbar. With this new soundbar, you will find a 4K HDR Roku Ultra Player built-in that will let you enjoy great sound and your Roku all in a single device for your TV. No longer will you need a Roku player and a soundbar for your TV—you can now get both in a single device with the Roku Smart Soundbar.
Roku also announced that they will be releasing a wireless subwoofer that can be added to the new Roku Soundbar along with the current Roku speakers to help improve the sound quality. With this new subwoofer, you will find a 10-inch driver to give a premium audio experience with your Roku Smart Soundbar and Roku Wireless Speakers.
“We’ve been very successful in delivering best-in-class streaming experiences to our customers and we’re constantly innovating in order to deliver on our promise of making TV better,” said Mark Ely, vice president, Players and Whole Home Product Management at Roku. “The Roku Smart Soundbar is a great value and makes it easier than ever to add incredible sound and powerful streaming to any TV. In addition, if you want heart-pounding bass you can easily add that too.”
The Roku Smart Soundbar will also allow you to plug in an HDMI cable to pass through audio from a game system or DVD player, for example. If your TV supports ARC you will be able to also send your audio back from your TV to the Roku Smart Soundbar through the HDMI cable or an optical cable.
With the new Roku Smart Soundbar you will get:
- Roku Connect: A wireless protocol that seamlessly connects the Roku ecosystem
- Dolby Audio™: Delivers rich, clear, powerful sound
- Bluetooth®: Listen to your favorite music, podcasts, and more from popular streaming channels or Bluetooth-compatible devices
- HDMI ARC or Optical Support: Connect the Roku Smart Soundbar to a TV with a single cable via HDMI ARC or use HDMI and optical
- Roku Search: Fast and easy cross-channel search offers results ranked by price
- Roku Voice: Makes it easy to launch streaming channels, search for entertainment, replay, turn closed captions on and off and more through the Roku Voice Remote
- Voice Assistant Compatibility: The Roku Smart Soundbar works with Google Assistant and is compatible with Amazon Alexa-enabled devices
- Roku Voice remote: The point-anywhere remote features channel shortcut buttons and TV on/off buttons
Roku says the Roku Smart Soundbar and Roku Wireless Subwoofer will both cost $179.99 and will be available for pre-order at Roku.com today. Roku will start shipping the Roku Soundbar and Roku Wireless Subwoofer in October and both will be available for sale at Best Buy in October.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!