A few weeks ago Roku announced the launch of a new streaming service that will put a ton of 100% free movies and TV shows all in one place. The new channel is called “The Roku Channel,” and it brings a collection of top films from leading movie studios including Lionsgate, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Warner Bros.
Today Roku announced that all current gen Roku Players and Roku TVs now have access to The Roku Channel. “Today, we’re even more excited to announce that The Roku Channel is now available on all current generation* Roku streaming devices!” Said Rob holmes in a statement on Roku’s blog.
I was able to go hands-on to give you a look at what you can expect from Roku’s new FREE streaming service: (Please watch the video for our full review.)
You can add Roku Roku Channel to your Roku here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/151908/the-roku-channel
My first impressions:
- A great lineup of movies for a day one launch.
- I was surprised to see daytime TV shows included for free.
- No ads play at the start of the movie, unlike most free services.
- The channel felt smooth and easy to use.
- The Roku Channel uses your Roku account to keep track of what you have watched and where you left off.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.