Roku Express 2017

Roku Is Once Again Giving Away a Free Month of DIRECTV NOW

Are you picking up a new Roku player this year? The deal just got a little bit better, because Roku is once again offering a free month of DIRECTV NOW with purchase of a Roku player or Roku TV.

The deal is only good on Rokus purchased and activated by January 7, 2018. You can learn more about this deal HERE.

Terms and Conditions:

*1-MONTH FREE DIRECTV NOW: Excl. premium channels. Must purchase and activate a qualifying new Roku player or new Roku TV by 1/7/18. Req’s promo code; redeem by 1/14/18 11:59 PM PT at or it expires. After Roku device activation, code and offer redemption instructions will be emailed. New DIRECTV NOW subscribers only. Roku users only. 1 Month = date of subscription through same date or earlier of following month. Cancel before end of 1 Month or service renews monthly (currently min. $35/mo.), billed to your payment method on file. Pricing, channels, features, and terms subject to change & may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice. Limit 1 code per account. Not combinable with select other offers/trials. GENERAL: Compatible device & browser req’d. Residential customers only. Avail. in the U.S. only (excludes Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands). Regional sports/local channels limited and vary by package and region. May need to be in billing region to view. Cancellation: View, modify or cancel at any time at Once canceled you can access DIRECTV NOW through the remaining monthly period. No refunds or credits for any partial-month periods or unwatched content. Limit: 2 concurrent streams per account. Programming subject to blackout restrictions. Taxes may apply. See for svc details. Watch Game of Thrones® on HBO®. HBO® subscription required. HBO® and related channels and services marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.

10 Responses to Roku Is Once Again Giving Away a Free Month of DIRECTV NOW

1. Malignar November 11, 2017 at 9:54 am #

Interesting considering they are leaving the Roku out in the cold on the upcoming DVR.

• Unique_Username99 November 11, 2017 at 10:09 am #

• Malignar November 11, 2017 at 4:20 pm #

There is a list of the supported devices for the DVR beta, floating around here somewhere. The Roku isn’t on it. I imagine they will create DVR support for the Roku at some point. It’s a matter of how long you are willing to wait. I love commercials as much as the next guy but I think I will jump over to Vue after my two months prepaid is up. At least until the Roku DVR is in place.

2. Thomas Hessel November 11, 2017 at 10:15 am #

I just purchased another Roku, when added to my account received an email with the code for a free month of DTVN. When I go to my DTVN account and put in the code it tells me the code has expired :(. Boo

• Techno Lioness November 11, 2017 at 11:09 am #

I personally just used my code this morning. But, I also had to use a different email address to sign up.

3. William November 11, 2017 at 2:51 pm #

Anyone know if streaming live TV from a computer has improved with DTVN? I would have to go into Windows and turn the time off and then back on because I would always get an error code. I have tried YouTube TV, and never had the aforementioned problem when watching live TV.

• Malignar November 11, 2017 at 4:23 pm #

I’ve tried it a couple times recently and had no issues.

• Henry Shell November 13, 2017 at 4:45 pm #

DTVN is available on PC/Mac using Chrome browser, nothing else.

4. juztplayin12 November 11, 2017 at 3:13 pm #

Can you get a free roku from Sling, activate it and get the free DTVNOW still? Or does it have to be purchased?

5. Blake Sinnett November 11, 2017 at 5:11 pm #

I guess each roku code for DTN is unique this time? Too bad.