Here is our video review:
The 2016 Roku Stick Details:
- Powerful quad-core processor and fast dual-band wireless. 8x more processing power than before.
- Access to Amazon, VUDU, Netflix, Hulu, Google Play, and more.
- Portable for different HDTVs in your home, hotel, and dorm rooms.
- Unbiased search results across top channels to find where it’s free or cheapest to watch.
- Comes with mobile app for iOS and Android with voice search and private listening.
- Power Consumption Operational: 3 Watt, Audio System: AV components
- Integrated dual-band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Stream over 3000 entertainment channels
- Upscales 720p HD to 1080p Full HD
The 2017 Roku Stick Details:
- 802.11ac dual-band wireless
- Up-scaling 480p & 720p to 1080p on HD TVs
- Digital stereo over HDMI®, DTS Digital Surround™ pass through over HDMI®
- Voice remote with TV power and volume buttons
- 5.0V – 1.5A USB power adapter
You won’t find any real speed difference here. The main reason you may want to upgrade is the new remote. The new remote will allow you to turn on and off the TV as well as adjust the volume of your TV. That may not be enough to make you want to replace your 2016 Roku Stick but if you are buying a new player you may want to get the 2017 over the slightly cheaper 2016 version.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.