20150113_220844 (Medium)

Roku Update 6.1 Release Notes – Now You Can Restart Your Roku From The Settings

20150113_220844 (Medium)

The channel store has also bee renamed to Streaming Channels in the menu:

20150113_221618 (Medium)

System Update has been moved into the system tab under settings.

20150113_221452 (Medium)

There are also additional audio options in the settings.

20150113_221349 (Medium)

New loading page on start up:

20150113_221204 (Medium)20150113_221205 (Medium)

For many one of the bigger request the ability to restart the Roku with out unplugging it.

20150113_221523 (Medium)

These are just some of the changes we noticed on our updated Roku 3.

Please follow us on Twitter, or like us on our new Facebook page for the latest on Roku.

12 Responses to Roku Update 6.1 Release Notes – Now You Can Restart Your Roku From The Settings

Lyric January 15, 2015 at 1:22 am #

Keep trying to update my Roku Streaming Stick. It tells me upgrade 6.1 is available. I select continue. It downloads and installs the update. It then restarts itself. This is where the problems start. It never makes it past the old startup screen. I left it alone for two hours thinking it might take a while. It was still on the startup screen. I had to unplug it to restart it again. When it finally made it to the home screen, nothing has changed. I check the version, and it is still the old version. Any suggestions?

Admin January 15, 2015 at 9:06 am #

I would wait a bit before you do anything drastic. Honestly the update dose not bring anything that is a must have. Worst case do a factory reset and try.

Lyric January 15, 2015 at 11:52 am #

Factory reset made it worse. It automatically checks and installs updates during the “initial” set up. No way to avoid this as you can’t skip this step. It still gets stuck during the restart. Now I have a useless piece of hardware that I can’t even set up.

Admin January 16, 2015 at 8:09 am #

Sounds like you have a hardware issues with your box. I have multiple Rokus all updated with no issues.

Henry C January 17, 2015 at 2:58 pm #

I’ve had that startup screen on my Roku 3 for months. And a more basic one on my streaming stick.

jay January 18, 2015 at 2:27 pm #

I have the same problem on my Roku 3 — after selecting the offered update from 5.6 to 6.1x, the system freezes after rebooting. I can clear the frozen system by power cycling, but that boots it back to 5.6. The unit will operate fine until it is left dormant long enough to try an auto-update, at which point it freezes again.

mike February 5, 2015 at 7:51 pm #

I was told by roku support new 6.1 update would be available this week…keep tryin with no avail.

william February 26, 2015 at 7:13 pm #

I’m using the Roku 1 box and since the update I have been unable to watch random website video with the beam option. Ii was able to select the mirror icon at the top of web videos or any video from my phone but since this update it just flashes as if it is about to start but backs out quickly.

Gavin April 6, 2015 at 9:47 am #

I am having the same problem with my Roku 3, Mine is version 4.9, Has anyone found a solution yet?

Admin April 6, 2015 at 10:25 am #

There should be a new update coming out today. Hopefully that will fix your issue. Go try to run the system update and see if it will update.

ANDREW November 18, 2015 at 8:15 am #

Getting wireless mac address:00.00.00.00.00.00 – Can the roku be updated or firmware be reset.

Andrew

Admin November 18, 2015 at 9:22 am #

In the settings of your Roku you can reset it to Factory settings and that will wipe your Roku. Give that a try if it dose not help post in our forums for more help.