Today Roku announced that they have partnered with Walmart to create a Roku Smart Soundbar under Walmart’s Onn brand. This new soundbar comes with a Roku built-in and can connect to existing Roku TVs or any TV and will cost just $129.
“We know our customers shop with us for quality products at an affordable price,” says Ryan Peterson, vice president of consumer electronics for Walmart. “We’re thrilled to be working with Roku to deliver a new category of audio and streaming products in time for the holiday season that are easy to use and come at an incredible value.”
“The onn Roku Smart Soundbar gives consumers an easy way to add better sound instantly to nearly any TV, plus with a 4K Roku streaming player built in, it provides easy access to tons of great movies, TV and music entertainment. And, since some people want even more bass, we’ve created the onn Roku Wireless Subwoofer as an option – for now or later,” said Mark Ely, Vice President of Players and Whole Home Product Management at Roku. “Roku and Walmart have worked together for years to enhance the entertainment experience for millions of people who have purchased Roku TV models and Roku streaming players. Now, we’re looking forward to getting these new audio products on shelves to provide consumers with better sound for their
TV experience at a great price.”
The Blast Onn smart speaker will come with advanced audio modes include Automatic Volume Leveling, Night Mode and Speech Clarity. Automatic software updates are expected to deliver new capabilities over time according to Roku. These new speakers will be sold exclusively at Walmart and will be available in the coming weeks.
Additional features include:
- Roku Connect: A wireless audio protocol that seamlessly connects the Roku ecosystem
- Dolby Audio™: Delivers rich, clear, powerful sound
- Bluetooth®Listen to music, podcasts, and more from popular streaming channels or
Bluetooth compatible devices
- HDMI-ARC or Optical Support: Connect the onn Roku Smart Soundbar to a TV with a
single cable via HDMI-ARC or use HDMI and Optical
- Roku Search: Fast and easy search across top channels offers results ranked by price
- Roku remote: A simple remote with TV power and channel shortcut buttons
- Free Roku mobile app: Control the smart soundbar via the mobile remote, keyboard or
a microphone button, stream movies and TV from The Roku Channel, enjoy private
listening with headphones and more
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!