Today Walmart released its Black Friday deals, and hidden inside of them was a new line of Roku TVs under the Onn brand. These TVs include a 50″ 4K Roku TV for just $148 and a 40″ HD version for just $98. Want something bigger? Walmart will have a 58″ 4K Roku TV for just $198.
Here is how Walmart describes this new TV:
- A simple home screen with easy-to-click icons for game consoles, HDTV antennas and more – located right next to favorite streaming channels
- Access to 500,000+ movies and TV episodes across thousands of paid and free channels plus The Roku Channel curated with thousands of free movies and TV shows
- Easy to use Roku remote and free Roku mobile app
- Automatic software updates including new streaming channels over time
- UHD viewing (40” is FHD)
- (3) HDMI ports
- (1 to 2) USB ports
- 60 Hz refresh rate
- Compatibility with popular third-party voice assistant devices
This news comes as Roku recently announced a new soundbar with a built-in Roku under the Walmart Onn brand. This was a slightly less powerful version of the Roku Soundbar but started at just $129.
We first learned of this partnership back in August 2019. Buried within Roku’s 2nd quarter earning statement was a short line that said, “We recently agreed with Walmart to offer several new Roku devices including audio products to their customers under their onn brand. This is in addition to Roku TVs and Roku players already sold through Walmart.” (Walmart Onn brand is Walmart’s store brand electronics name.)
Now it Seems Roku TVs are also a part of this Walmart partnership with Roku.