Rotten Tomatoes may be known for its movie ratings and reviews, but now the company is going beyond the Tomatometer and launching its own OTT channel. Rotten Tomatoes Channel, is a free 24/7 channel launching today on The Roku Channel with more than 100 hours of premium long and short-form video content, including 10 originally produced shows. The channel will be coming to Peacock and XUMO in the coming months.
The channel will incorporate Rotten Tomatoes trusted brand with a library of over 100,000 videos from new movies, TV, and streaming content. More than just a for video, Rotten Tomatoes Channel will feature new content each week with the latest trailers, breaking movie and TV news, fun and fresh takes on beloved movie and TV scenes, mind-blowing conversations and laugh-out-loud games – and of course recommendations on what to watch.
“We are thrilled to extend our relationship with fans through our new Rotten Tomatoes OTT channel,” said Sandro Corsaro, Rotten Tomatoes SVP & Chief Creative Officer. “The channel will not only deliver an around-the-clock celebration of entertainment but continue our brand promise to help fans find what to watch, by delivering the best movie, TV and streaming recommendations.”
Some of The Rotten Tomatoes Channel shows include:
- Countdown: A countdown to the best movies, shows, scenes, and more – according to the Tomatometer and top entertainment experts.
- The Vault: A nostalgic look back at the best star interviews, red carpet chats, fun games, and more from the Rotten Tomatoes archives.
- Trailers Reloaded: An opportunity to relive the hype around the biggest movies and shows ever with an extensive collection of trailers.
- Becoming: In which Hollywood’s biggest names break down their biggest transformations from some of their most iconic roles.
- Rotten Tomatoes Essentials: A fun and informative look back at the movies, shows, stars and directors that defined genres and eras.
- Versus: Using Tomatometer scores, box office data, and more, we settle the biggest movie and TV debates of all time.
- Oral History: Get the full stories behind the world’s most cherished films, shows, and franchises, from the people who made them great.
- Rotten Tomatoes Exclusive Interviews: Watch as the biggest stars and filmmakers in the world open up about the movies and TV shows that have everyone talking.
- Aftershow: Movie lovers, critics, and industry experts debate some of the biggest movies of recent times.
- Rotten Tomatoes is Wrong (podcast): In this video version of our weekly podcast, we go deep on some of the most beloved – and despised – movies and shows ever made.
- Scene Breakdown: In which filmmakers and stars break down some of the most memorable scenes of recent times, moment by moment.
- Name the Review: Big laughs ensue when stars are faced with some of their weirdest and harshest reviews.
- Five Favorite Films: Filmmakers and stars share their all-time favorite movies – and why they mean so much to them.