foxnewschannel

foxnewschannelThere is now a growing list of services that offer live streaming of cable channels without the need for a cable company or long term contract. Now SFN TV NOW joins that list with a very interesting service that starts at $5 a month for their nationwide service.

Channels

SFN TV has over 100 channels broken up into eight different packages allowing you to pick what you want starting at just $4.99 per month. Love TV but hate sports? For the first time you will be able to get popular TV channels such as A&E, AMC, History, BBC America, Discovery—34 channels in total—without a single sports channel for just $19.99.

SFN TV PopularJust want sports and nothing more? For $19.99 a month you can get 17 channels including ESPN, ESPN 2, Big Ten Network, SEC Network, FS1, FS2, MLB Network, CBS-Sports, ESPN Classic, and many other great channels.

SFN TV SportsLove live news? For $9.99 a month you can get Fox News, Fox Business, CNN, BBC World, The Weather Channel, and more—a total of 17 channels.

SFN TV NewsThe list goes on and even has local channels for people living in the Atlanta area. You can find a full breakdown of every package SFN TV offers on their website.

Build Your Own TV Package

With all these different packages available, you will be able to pick what you want. Love live news and sports? Only pay for live news and sports. Want kids’ channels and the best drama channels? Just pay for what you will watch, which gives you control over what you pay for. (Note: The ability to pick multiple packages will start next week.)

DVR

Every SFN TV Now Package comes with a free 14-day DVR trial. Record anything you want and have it for 14 days.

Supported Devices

SFN is currently available on Roku, and Android phones and tablets. There are hopes for other devices shortly.

How many devices will SFN TV support?

SFN TV supports up to five devices at once, and the best part is SFN TV will not limit where these devices are located. Unlike PlayStation Vue, SFN TV does not limit the number of devices you can log into meaning you can access SFN TV on the road with your phone as your family back at home streams on their Roku.

Availability

The service is currently in public beta that anyone can sign up for. Just keep in mind it’s a beta, and they are looking for feedback right now.

You can sign up for SFN TV Now by clicking HERE.

34 Responses to SFN TV: A New Live TV Streaming Service is Coming & It Could Be One of the Best… Starting at $5 Per Month

1. Jeffo June 10, 2016 at 7:37 am #

Interesting, but in sure that there will be others to come very soon. I’m looking for something with MSNBC and MSG.

2. Mark June 10, 2016 at 7:50 am #

Another competing service is always good, SlingTv needs to step up their game! One America News, Viceland, AMC, History and Lifetime and a 14 day dvr are a plus. Missing USA and Syfy sucks, but maybe Hulu and Amazon can make up for that.

3. clocks June 10, 2016 at 10:22 am #

Missing FX.

• Samuel Croft June 12, 2016 at 6:15 pm #

I have Sling and I agree they need to step up their game and TNT, A&E, AMC seem to have strange view rules that I’m still confused about. Sometimes you can watch as a new series/eps air but, not on demand. I’m still trying to figure it out. I got sling as my first and I keep it for CNN breaking news. Not that I believe they are right on everything and I have CBS All Access which I can watch my local news on so, this looks interesting.

4. Don Klingensmith June 10, 2016 at 10:34 am #

The sports package is nice but without RSN’s it won’t work for me.

• Juan Ramon June 15, 2016 at 10:01 am #

For me it’s The Tennis Channel. That is a deal breaker.

5. Kevin F June 10, 2016 at 10:57 am #

How many concurrent streams? Does it get you a login for WatchESPN (if choosing sports package)?

• Luke June 10, 2016 at 11:00 am #

You can get up to 5 streams at once. Sadly no WatchESPN right now but they are still in beta. When Sling TV came out there was no WatchESPN right at launch.

6. Joshua June 10, 2016 at 11:55 am #

Are you sure there are no location restrictions? On the website under FAQ it says:

Where can I view SFN TV NOW?
    You can watch SFN TV NOW in your home where you activated service. This is the “home” location, defined by your IP address and used to sign on. Additionally, you have 4 more logins for your various devices.

• Joshua June 10, 2016 at 3:02 pm #

So it looks like it’s not tied to a home location after all even though that is what their FAQ says. I FB messaged them and asked and they said you can take a Roku anywhere you want and watch TV with no restrictions.

• Danny Havens June 19, 2016 at 10:51 pm #

Whats up with all the beach channels in the popular package I count like 10 crap channels like qvc and home shopping give us something people actually watch….

7. Andrew L June 10, 2016 at 12:04 pm #

This is interesting. But I’m extremely happy with Sling right now. I get all of the must-have channels plus Fox Sports Cincinnati for my Reds. Got the new Roku stick and it’s flawless! 🙂

8. Joe June 10, 2016 at 2:34 pm #

Quick question, don’t know if anyone knows: can you get the live Atlanta feeds for the networks anywhere in the country?

9. Glenn June 10, 2016 at 4:55 pm #

I have signed up for this, you can actually record programs and series. I currently use sling tv which I like, this does look good, the picture is excellent. The sports pack on SFN looks good as well especially with the ability to record. Right now I am trying the news but it is definitely making me wonder if I should switch most to SFN. 2 streams for the basic package. I like the look of sling better but maybe SFN will evolve. Worth a look and it’s another option

10. iamdaduck June 10, 2016 at 10:37 pm #

I tried it and I will be cancelling tomorrow. My main thoughts after messong with it for a bit:

Things I didnt like:

1. The UI is not user friendly in any way. It is hard to navigate and has no simple guide to find whats on. Sadly, it makes slingtv’s UI look positively brilliant in comparison.

2. It is also fairly slow when you go to change channels on my roku 3.

3. There are weird issues with some channels never starting to stream, turning on one channel and getting another, and some other weird quirks.

Things I liked:
    1. The quality of the streams were very good and once they start they are stable.

2. The pause and dvr worked great and the contols were quick and responsive while streaming.

Basically, I think it definitely has a lot of potential but they need to scrap the current UI and totally redesign it. It is definitely not ready yet but after trying it I would certainly reconsider in the future giving it another chance.

11. Eric Jorgensen June 11, 2016 at 8:13 am #

I got to have SyFy

12. Elizabeth June 11, 2016 at 12:34 pm #

I signed up on her website four hours ago with my credit card information and, despite the web page confirming it went through and that I should “immediately” receive a an email with login information, I haven’t received one yet (I did check my spam folder). Since it’s the weekend, the only customer service they offer is via email. Hopefully I get an answer today and however long it takes to get logged in won’t be counted against the free trial.

13. Anthony Tuggle June 11, 2016 at 3:41 pm #

Where’s the $5 package? Seems you have already misled us right outta the gate.

• Luke June 11, 2016 at 4:25 pm #

We only gave a few of the more popular options. If you read the post you would have seen we gave you a link to a PDF that has every one of their packages. Or you could go to their site to find all the packages.

• Carolyn June 15, 2016 at 12:54 pm #

I’ve looked over your article again and again and still can’t find the pdf that you mention. Also, their website doesn’t provide any information on their packages; your article has more information than they do. What am I missing? Is it my iPad? Is it because they are in Beta mode?

• Luke June 15, 2016 at 12:55 pm #

It was taken down at their request do to them changing their channels. If you read the post it says go to their site for the full list.

• Elizabeth June 15, 2016 at 1:01 pm #

Carolyn,
          It looks like they’ve taken down all of the information while they’re doing an overhaul. I imagine they’ll have it back up once they’re done sending out updates. They probably don’t want more subscribers while things aren’t working correctly. For example, at least for me, the DVR function isn’t working.

14. Michael Amalfi June 12, 2016 at 1:28 am #

It looks like SFN is only available for Roku 3 and 4. Any chance these will be available for the original or Roku 2?

• Suzanne Lombardo June 12, 2016 at 1:39 pm #

I was able to get on my Roku 2. I am a little disappointed with it, as there is no guide that I have found. Picture is great, but I probably will not keep it after the free trial.

15. Ram K June 12, 2016 at 8:14 am #

Works fine on Roku 2. The quality of stream is better than sling when it works. The DVR seems to be good but there are some issues accessing them – I got an email from them that would be fixing by monday afternoon.

16. Matt June 12, 2016 at 2:41 pm #

The Good:

The streams are crisp and clear the way all streaming services should be. Sling needs to step up it’s game in this department, they’ve been around for a year and the streams still look like something between 720p and a VHS tape on a good day.

Having a DVR option is a plus, this is something else Sling needs to up to date on. Wish it would store programs for longer than 14 days though.

The Bad:

The UI is terrible, it looks like a 90s cable box menu. The programing info is sometimes wrong and there are no account/user options.

The $20 package does not include FX or CNN which are two channels usually found in standard packages. You can add CNN by adding the news add-on package but I don’t want to pay $10 to watch one channel.

If you want FX and CNN they are included in the next package up which costs $50, that’s quite a price jump. There should be an option for $30 which includes these channels if they are not going to include them in the standard package or maybe include them in add-on bundles for $5 similar to Sling.

There is no SyFy, USA or MTV in any of the packages, not even the $58 Max package. It probably has to do with the different networks not granting permission to use those channels but Playstation Vue has them in their $40 option. Unfortunately Vue is not an option for me since their support is a joke and the lack of a Roku app puts them out of the running.

Since the service is in Beta I’m sure it will continue to improve but with Hulu coming out with their TV service soon, IMHO SFN is going to have to make improvements fast or get lost in the shuffle.

That’s just my opinion, I’m sure other people will have no problem with the service as is.

• movie12344 June 22, 2016 at 3:37 pm #

i have ps vue it is the best service yet . they are available on roku and soon next week to android devices , only thing i don’t like there home restriction ,there channel line up is really good for $30

17. 1EYEDJimmyBivvins June 18, 2016 at 7:26 am #

No regional sports networks. No NBC Sports Network. No deal.

18. VJ July 4, 2016 at 8:50 pm #

SFN-TV Now is NOT offering the low cost channels mentioned above. They only have three offerings – Faith, and a “Popular” for $34 and Max for more. They give you a 7 day “free” trial, but require a credit card. Since I don’t want the expensive services that subsidize channels I don’t want, I did not complete the sign up. Naturally, they required my name, email, etc FIRST before disclosing the terms.