Yesterday, Sling TV announced the launch of its Stay in and Sling initiative, bringing Americans free news and entertainment while we deal with the COVID-19 crisis. At that time, Sling made ABC News Live to the existing Sling free experience. This morning, Sling added Fox News to the lineup. Now, Cheddar News is being added as well.
“To stay informed in these uncertain times, Americans need access to news from reputable sources,” said Warren Schlichting, group president, Sling TV at the launch of Stay in and Sling. “With many Americans finding themselves staying at home, we have an opportunity to use our platform to help them deal with this rapidly evolving situation.”
Cheddar News is a fast-paced, young, non-partisan news network that broadcasts the latest coronavirus news as well as White House live updates. Tune in for daily coronavirus updates:
- “Coronavirus: Your Questions Answers + Global Update” — 11 a.m. EST
- “Coronavirus USA Update” — 2 p.m. EST
- “Coronavirus Crisis” — 4:30 p.m. EST
Here’s how you can start watching the free content Sling TV has been making available:
- Download the SLING TV app on a Roku, Amazon or Android device. Once downloaded, click “Browse as Guest” or “Try SLING Free” to begin watching. The SLING TV free experience is currently not available on iOS devices.
- Visit watch.sling.com on a Chrome, Safari or Edge desktop browser.
- Current SLING TV subscribers can access free content from SLING TV within the user interface on any SLING TV-supported device, without changing their subscription. Former SLING TV subscribers may need to click on “Rent Movies” and navigate to “My TV” to access the SLING free experience.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!