After being announced earlier this year today Sling TV officially added Discovery Networks to their lineup. Now both Sling TV Orange and Blue customers will get access to Discovery Networks.
“We are thrilled to add Discovery networks to Sling TV’s lineup as they bring highly-requested channels that offer immersive programs for any age group,” said Warren Schlichting, president of Sling TV. “With the addition of some Discovery channels in our base service and others in our genre-based add-on Extras, we continue to deliver on our consumer promise of providing the most choice and flexibility in programming options.”
Here is what packages will be getting Discovery Networks:
Sling Orange and/or Sling Blue
The following channels are available in Sling Orange and/or Sling Blue base services ($25/month each, or $40/month when purchased together):
- Discovery Channel – Now available in Sling Blue, Discovery Channel illustrates the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement and features high quality shows like “Gold Rush” and “Alaska: The Last Frontier” that ignite viewers’ curiosity, immerse them in the how and why and satisfy them with information.
- TLC – Now available in Sling Blue, TLC engages and entertains with insightful programming that transports viewers into the authentic lives of real-life extraordinary characters they can learn from. Sling Blue subscribers can now watch shows like “90 Day Fiancé” and “The Little Couple” on TLC.
- Investigation Discovery (ID) – Now available in Sling Orange and Sling Blue, ID provides in-depth documentaries and series like “Homicide Hunter: Lt. Joe Kenda” and “People Magazine Investigates” that challenge viewers on the key issues shaping culture and defining the world.
- MotorTrend (formerly Velocity) – Now available in Sling Orange, MotorTrend reveals the people and the stories behind the machines and takes you for an epic ride. Sling Orange subscribers can now watch shows like “Wheeler Dealers” on MotorTrend.
The following channels are available in Heartland Extra or News Extras (each $5 per month with a subscription to Sling Orange and/or Sling Blue):
- American Heroes Channel – Now available in the Heartland Extra, American Heroes Channel showcases military battles, iconic people and pivotal moments in time. The channel features shows like “World War II: Witness to War.”
- Destination America – Now available in the Heartland Extra, Destination America is the only network to celebrate the people, places, and stories of the United States with shows like “Ghost Brothers.”
- Science Channel – Now available in News Extras, Science Channel immerses viewers in the incredible possibilities of science, from string theory and futuristic cities to accidental discoveries and outrageous inventions. Subscribers of News Extras can view shows like “Mythical Beasts” on Science Channel.
Best of Spanish TV
The following channels are available in Best of Spanish TV standalone service ($10/month) or add-on ($5/month when combined with Sling Orange, Sling Blue or any other Spanish-language regional service):
- Discovery en Español – Discovery en Español provides quality Spanish-language programming focusing on bold story telling across core genres including adventure, ingenuity, natural history, investigation and current affairs. Best of Spanish TV customers can now watch programs like “Mexicanicos,” “Clandestino” and “Alaska: Hombres Primitivos.”
- Discovery Familia – Discovery Familia is a Spanish-language network dedicated to Hispanic women and the things that matter in their lives. During the day, the Discovery Kids block provides a safe environment for children with entertaining programming, and in the evening, the channel offers programming for women, focusing on topics such as home décor, food, health, beauty and family. Discovery Familia features shows like “Vestido de Novia,” “Los Busby” and “Remodelación en Pareja.”
“We are extremely pleased to announce a comprehensive, long-term agreement with Sling TV, confirming the strength and value of Discovery’s high-quality, safe family-friendly brands,” said Eric Phillips, president of Affiliate Distribution at Discovery. “Discovery’s commitment to viewers across the globe is to share our brands across every screen, service and device. This partnership with Sling TV is another positive step towards ensuring our brands are reaching our fans no matter where they are watching.”
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!