Vice-HBO
We may earn a commission from purchases through links on our site. You can learn more here.

Sling TV Adds the VICELAND Channel

VICELAND-Pickup-800x450H2, the second History Channel, was one of the early channels on Sling TV and sadly as of February 29 is no longer a channel. H2 is now no more, and yesterday was rebranded as the VICELAND Channel by H2’s parent company.

The new Vice Channel will be similar to the Vice News service and will feature content similar to their HBO Vice News show and that you can find on the Vice Roku channel and YouTube account.

H2 was owned by the A&E Networks, who also now owns a controlling stake of VICELAND. Part of this deal to launch the VICELAND channel is allowing A&E Networks to take a 10% stake in Vice overall.

Some of the shows listed on the VICELAND website are GAYCATION, Vice Lab, FLOPHOUSE, The Vice Guide to Film, noisey, and WEEDIQUETTE.

Past that little is known about the new network because Vice and A&E Networks have been fairly silent on their plans for the network, and their site is limited on details.

We have reached out to Sling TV for comment, but we have not heard back. For now, it looks like VICELAND will be a part of the $20 core Sling TV package but it is possible that Sling will move it to a bundle.

Update: Sling TV responded to our request for comment and confirmed that VICELAND will be part of their core $20 a month package.

Disclaimer: To address the growing use of ad blockers we now use affiliate links to sites like Amazon.com, streaming services, and others. Affiliate links help sites like Cord Cutters News, LLC stay open. Affiliate links cost you nothing but help me support my family. We do not allow paid reviews on this site. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

13 Responses to Sling TV Adds the VICELAND Channel

ang March 2, 2016 at 1:07 pm #

Viceland sucks.

Douglas Pines March 10, 2016 at 2:13 pm #

Agreed. It lowers the value of Sling by deleting a channel I did watch for one I don’t and won’t. What makes them think Millennials are going to go back to linear TV. Won’t happen.

Sean March 2, 2016 at 8:24 pm #

Can you hide the viceland channel on sling? Imagine you have a child who scrolls through sling and sees the thumbnails…right now the shows listed are F*ck that’s delicious, weediqutte, gaycation and balls deep…totally inappropriate when you are trying to scroll to Disney.

Tony March 2, 2016 at 10:36 pm #

My poop is more entertaining than Viceland…

Ryan B. March 3, 2016 at 11:29 pm #

Bring back H2. I lost a bunch of my shows now that there is no H2. I think I’m going to cancel sling. I’ll never watch viceland.

Harry March 5, 2016 at 6:43 pm #

Awesome! Sling added another crappy channel. Have they learned nothing? We want quality not quantity. The way Sling is headed it will be offering 50 channels for $20 but only 3 of them are worth watching. Sound familiar? Cable companies already have that business model.

Don Burns March 6, 2016 at 10:10 am #

When I reopen sling this spring for my cottage I’ll add the movie block.. Block vice land if possible and at home drop my add on cable boxes where I got h2. Paid the premium only to watch it get cancelled. Idiots .

Joe April 4, 2016 at 11:59 am #

Forget about Sling. Check out Playstation Vue. Blows Sling away. Two weeks ago I cancelled my Time Warner TV & Digital Phone, replacing them with Playstation Vue Elite Slim package (104 channels @ $44.99 – there are two lower tiers too + several add-on packages) and Vonnage Basic Talk.

I just scheduled Earthlink 15 Mbps service installation for my vacation house in the Adirondacks, and when I go there I’ll take my Fire TV and Vonnage boxes and have 104 channels of TV & phone for an additional $30 (Earthlink). Also Earthlink has no contract and I’ll cancel after I close-up for the winter and then just switch it back on next year.

Between Playstation Vue, Amazon Prime, VUDU, MLBTV & Vonnage I have a FAR superior package than TW Triple Play could ever be, and for about $50 a month less.

Greg C March 7, 2016 at 9:32 pm #

Please remove this horrible Viceland garbage.

joe March 10, 2016 at 12:43 am #

I agree H2 was the reason I’ve kept paying for sling….. BRING IT BACK LOOSE VICE LAME!

Poopon Fra March 13, 2016 at 3:02 am #

My kids don’t need to see that crap.

Please chuck it.

History 2 Lover March 13, 2016 at 10:26 am #

H2 was my favorite channel on Sling. Viceland is worthless. Thinking of stopping Sling.

Alex M March 16, 2016 at 12:47 am #

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H2_(TV_network) ,, H2 unfortanatly doesn’t exist…It’s not like Sling decided to replace the Channel it’s not their fault… A&E Networks has replaced H2 with Viceland…..So it just changes out on Sling. Sling is owned by DishNetwork… While I liked H2, you’re all barking up the wrong tree, complain to A&E.