Today Sling TV announced that they are rolling out an updated user interface on Roku Players, Roku TVs, and the Apple TV. We first reported this change a few weeks ago now Sling TV has made the change official.
“Over the past week, you may have noticed some changes to your Sling TV user interface (UI) on Apple TV and Roku devices. We are constantly listening to customer feedback and have been hard at work making changes to deliver a seamless user experience. Recently, we’ve unveiled several updates to our UI on both of these devices, making it easier to navigate through content and watch your favorite shows and movies.” Sling TV said in a statement on their website.
Here is everything Sling TV changed on their Roku and Apple TV apps:
- Information View – The top half of the Sling TV interface now features information about the tiles of content as users scroll over them.
- New Search – The new search screen on Apple TV automatically displays “Popular Searches,” and when users search for content, results will be organized into categories like “Top Results,” “Movies,” “Shows” and “Channels.”
- Get Info Before You Watch – When selecting content, the information view now has a full-screen design, featuring images and information about other available seasons on Sling.
- Carousel – When browsing through rows of content, it will loop back to the beginning of the list once users reach the end.
- Selection Color – Users can easily identify where they are in a ribbon or list of content by a blue outline that appears around the current selection.
- Player Controls – The layout of Sling’s player controls has been updated, so users can easily play, pause and record content, as well as recall multiple recent channels.
What do you think of the new changes? Leave us a comment and let us know what you think of the new Sling TV user interface.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!