Sling TV was already the leader in the number of devices they support. No other live streaming service supports as many devices as Sling TV does with Roku, Fire TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Apple TV, Android, iOS, Windows 7, 8, and now 10 to name a few.
Sling TV customers will notice several features unique to the new Windows 10 app:
- Live Tiles. Easily see content from Favorites and Continue Watching ribbons when Sling TV is pinned to the Start Menu.
- Cortana Voice Integration. Quickly search for specific shows or channels by voice with Cortana, Microsoft’s personal digital assistant.
- Vertical Menu. Feel right at home with a vertical Main Menu.
- Responsive User Interface. Sling TV on Windows 10 uses a responsive user interface, so the video automatically adapts to different sizes and snaps the app to use only half of the screen.
- Touch Compatibility. Sling TV works on both touch and non-touch Windows 10 devices.
“Enabling billions of hours of content consumption among tens of millions of users in the U.S., Windows 10 is a natural platform for Sling TV as we continue to make it easier and more convenient for consumers to access our service,” said Roger Lynch, CEO of Sling TV. “We have invested significant resources and hours in creating a superior Sling TV experience on Windows 10 that highlights the platform’s unique features.”
“We’re excited for customers to experience the Windows 10 Sling TV app, taking advantage of capabilities unique to our platform, such as Cortana voice commands and Live Tiles,” said Tuula Rytila, corporate vice president, post sales monetization (PSM), Microsoft. “Microsoft continuously works with industry leading partners to bring high quality apps to the Windows Store and we’re pleased to offer Sling TV as another way for consumers to experience live TV on Windows 10 devices.”
Here is our review of the new Sling TV Windows 10 app:
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.