After months of waiting and even seeing the AirTV 2 for sale on Amazon today, Sling TV officially announced the brand new AirTV 2 OTA DVR. This new DVR will stream your antenna to your Sling TV app (even if you are not a Sling TV subscriber) and let you watch and record your local channels inside your Sling TV app.
One of the biggest improvements with the AirTV 2 is the new and improved 802.11ac 2×2 dual-band Wi-Fi system. This upgraded WiFi should help improve the streaming of your antenna through your home.
“AirTV 2 takes a great idea and wraps it in an even better package, making it easy for cord-cutters to integrate their local channels with an OTT subscription,” said Mitch Weinraub, director of product development for AirTV. “The robust Wi-Fi connection means customers can place the AirTV 2 anywhere in the home to get the best possible OTA signal without dealing with the wiring or placing the antenna near the TV.”
You can find the AirTV 2 on Amazon for $99.99 HERE.
Here is our review of the AirTV 2:
AirTV 2 Features
- Dual tuner local channel streamer
- WiFi enabled
- TV and mobile viewing
- Works with Sling TV
- Watch local news, sports, and more in HD without an antenna
- Stream local channels to any supported device via the Sling app
- Seamless integration of local channels into Sling (no subscription required)
- Record local channels with DVR
For a limited time, new Sling TV customers can redeem one of the following AirTV offers on Sling.com:
- Receive an AirTV 2 and an indoor OTA antenna for $49 with a three-month prepaid subscription to Sling TV.
- Receive an AirTV Mini, an AirTV 2 and an indoor OTA antenna for $99 with a three-month prepaid subscription to Sling TV.
- Receive two AirTV Minis, an AirTV 2 and an indoor OTA antenna for $149 with a three-month prepaid subscription to Sling TV.
- App support: Sling TV app on iOS, Android mobile, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and Roku devices
- Connectivity/Ports: Internal Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2×2 dual-band; 10/100 Ethernet port; USB 2.0 port
- Memory: 512 MB of DDR
- OTA tuners: 2 ATSC 8VSB tuners
- CPU: Pixelworks XCode 5116
- NAND Flash: 128 MB NAND Flash (SLC) and 2 MB of NOR SPI Boot Flash
- Ports: USB 2.0 port; 10/100 Ethernet port
- Power: 12V 1.5A DC
- Dimensions: 57 mm (W) x 130 mm (H) x 167mm (D)
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our live Q&A, weekly news recap, and more.
Follow us for more cord cutting news, tips, and reviews.
Plus, join our Tech Support Facebook Group for cord cutting support from our community.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get our weekly newsletter, the latest deals, and much more.