After months of waiting and even seeing the AirTV 2 for sale on Amazon today, Sling TV officially announced the brand new AirTV 2 OTA DVR. This new DVR will stream your antenna to your Sling TV app (even if you are not a Sling TV subscriber) and let you watch and record your local channels inside your Sling TV app.
One of the biggest improvements with the AirTV 2 is the new and improved 802.11ac 2×2 dual-band Wi-Fi system. This upgraded WiFi should help improve the streaming of your antenna through your home.
“AirTV 2 takes a great idea and wraps it in an even better package, making it easy for cord-cutters to integrate their local channels with an OTT subscription,” said Mitch Weinraub, director of product development for AirTV. “The robust Wi-Fi connection means customers can place the AirTV 2 anywhere in the home to get the best possible OTA signal without dealing with the wiring or placing the antenna near the TV.”
You can find the AirTV 2 on Amazon for $99.99 HERE.
Here is our review of the AirTV 2:
AirTV 2 Features
- Dual tuner local channel streamer
- WiFi enabled
- TV and mobile viewing
- Works with Sling TV
- Watch local news, sports, and more in HD without an antenna
- Stream local channels to any supported device via the Sling app
- Seamless integration of local channels into Sling (no subscription required)
- Record local channels with DVR
For a limited time, new Sling TV customers can redeem one of the following AirTV offers on Sling.com:
- Receive an AirTV 2 and an indoor OTA antenna for $49 with a three-month prepaid subscription to Sling TV.
- Receive an AirTV Mini, an AirTV 2 and an indoor OTA antenna for $99 with a three-month prepaid subscription to Sling TV.
- Receive two AirTV Minis, an AirTV 2 and an indoor OTA antenna for $149 with a three-month prepaid subscription to Sling TV.
- App support: Sling TV app on iOS, Android mobile, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and Roku devices
- Connectivity/Ports: Internal Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2×2 dual-band; 10/100 Ethernet port; USB 2.0 port
- Memory: 512 MB of DDR
- OTA tuners: 2 ATSC 8VSB tuners
- CPU: Pixelworks XCode 5116
- NAND Flash: 128 MB NAND Flash (SLC) and 2 MB of NOR SPI Boot Flash
- Ports: USB 2.0 port; 10/100 Ethernet port
- Power: 12V 1.5A DC
- Dimensions: 57 mm (W) x 130 mm (H) x 167mm (D)
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!