This week, Sling TV contacted grandfathered subscribers of their Hollywood Extra add-on to notify them that EPIX is moving. On February 21, 2019, EPIX will be moved out of the Hollywood Extra add-on. At that time, it will become a $5 standalone add-on. Current Hollywood Extra add-on subscribers will get a one-time $5 add-on to allow you to subscribe to EPIX for a month or get $5 off your current plan.
Last summer EPIX was moved from the Hollywood Extra add-on but anyone who already had the add-on got to keep EPIX. Now these subscribers will also see EPIX leave their add-on.
Here is the email Sling TV is sending subscribers of the Hollywood Extra:
As of 2/21/19, EPIX will be moved out of your Hollywood Extra subscription. You can add the EPIX standalone service back to your subscription for $5/month. Additionally, on 2/21/19, we will place a credit on your account for $5 so that you can keep EPIX free for an additional month if you choose. EPIX Drive-In will remain part of your Sling Blue and/or Sling Orange service, so you can continue to enjoy that channel without any additional cost.
All the best,
The Sling TV Team
EPIX content includes:
- Movies produced and released from the three studios it partners with:
- Paramount Pictures (which includes MTV Films and Nickelodeon)
- MGM (which includes United Artists)
- Lionsgate Entertainment (which includes Mandate Pictures)
- Recently released movies and older films released between 1970 and 1999.
- Original programming, including exclusive concerts and comedy specials, TV series and documentaries.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!