Today Sling TV officially announced a new Roku Channel that started to roll out last week. Now we get a full look at everything new on the Sling TV Roku Channel:
Here is what is new:
- In-app Upgrades – Customers can now add Extras and premium channels to their account within the app by selecting their desired content from the in-app upgrades ribbon under “Add Channels & More” on the My TV screen.
- Add VOD to MyChannels – Customers can now add on-demand channels to MyChannels, including Nat Geo Wild, Fandor, as well as on-demand content from NBC and FOX for Sling Blue customers who do not live in a market where linear content is available.
- Get to Your Favorites Faster – Favorite channels (indicated by a heart in the guide) are now front-and-center and are shown first at the top of the “Grid Guide” and on the left of the “Channel Guide,” and the new “Micro Guide.”
- New “Micro Guide” – We’ve reduced the size of the guide that appears while watching a show, so it takes up less of the screen. The full guide is still available by pressing “down” on the remote’s D-pad when watching a title.
- Updated Arrow Controls – We’ve changed the full-screen video navigation, so now pushing “up” on the D-pad will bring up the micro guide, Pushing “down” on the D-pad will now bring up the old guide.
- Safe Exit – When pressing the “Exit” button on the remote, customers will now see a pop-up giving them the option to go back to their show or movie instead of leaving Sling TV.
- Binge On – We’ve updated the player view so when customers are watching an on-demand title, the app will automatically go back to the franchise page of the show they watched.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.