family-guy-2

Spectrum TV Just Launched a “Sports FREE” Live TV Streaming Service

Well, it seems that Charter’s Spectrum TV now has its own live TV streaming service. They join a growing list of live TV services like Sling TV, DIRECTV NOW, PlayStation Vue, Hulu, and more.

The new Spectrum TV Stream service costs $19.95 a month with no long-term contracts. It will include all your local stations and even PBS. You will also find A&E, History, Hallmark, FX, TLC, WGN America, AMBC, HGTV, and more. In total, you will get over 25 live TV networks.

You will also get access to 5,000 free on-demand titles and will also be able to access many network apps with your Spectrum Stream login.

For $15 a month you can add HBO, SHOWTIME, The Movie Channel, Starz, and StarzEncore. Or, if you just want one of these, you can get it for just $7.50 a month (Locked in for 3 years).

If you want sports, and more news options, for $12 more a month you can add ESPN channels, NBC Sports, Bloomberg, HLB and more.

Spectrum is the first out-the-door with a live TV streaming service that has no sports options in the base package.

For now, the coverage are very limited and seem to be restricted to current Spectrum markets. We have reached out to Spectrum to learn more about areas that this is available in and will update this post when we learn more.

Spectrum Stream is available on iOS, Android, Roku, Xbox One, and Samsung Smart TVs.

Update: It seems you need to have Spectrum Internet to get this deal.

72 Responses to Spectrum TV Just Launched a “Sports FREE” Live TV Streaming Service

tmcb82 June 28, 2017 at 3:49 pm #

“For now, the coverage are very limited and seem to be restricted to current Spectrum markets.”

Are you referring to the original non- TWC/Brighthouse markets even if they have been re-branded?

Cord Cutters News June 28, 2017 at 4:00 pm #

I’m not sure what markets have it. We are reaching out to Spectrum to find out.

Adam June 29, 2017 at 8:42 am #

I got the notice in the mail yesterday for this program. We have Spectrum internet. I live in the Athens, Georgia area and we were Charter for years before the merger happened if that gives you any help.

Daniel Darnell June 28, 2017 at 3:51 pm #

My market is a legacy Charter market and it’s not available here.

Sunny Rain June 28, 2017 at 4:04 pm #

Do you have a link where we can read more or signup or download the apps? Also, it looks like you need a 3 year contract or something?

If they get Viacom then this might be the service for me.

AstroMonster June 28, 2017 at 4:14 pm #

The 3 year contract is only if you add on the premium pack

Sunny Rain June 28, 2017 at 4:15 pm #

Awesome! I see now.

Dan Parks June 28, 2017 at 6:27 pm #

It doesn’t look like a 3-year contract. It looks like 3-year guaranteed pricing for the add-ons, after which the price may go up.

Richard smith June 28, 2017 at 4:04 pm #

Do you have a link. Do not see anything online

AstroMonster June 28, 2017 at 4:05 pm #

I thought they have had a live streaming service for a while now. Didn’t they first roll this out as locals only for like $13 a month? So they just expanded the channel lineup, right?

monkeyrun June 28, 2017 at 6:00 pm #

Yes about $20 after tax and fees.
      But comes with free HBO though.

Chris June 28, 2017 at 4:12 pm #

Is there a link anywhere?

AstroMonster June 28, 2017 at 4:13 pm #

This is what I meant…it sounds like they just expanded this.

R John Becker June 28, 2017 at 4:22 pm #

Just got the email from Spectrum

Sunny Rain June 28, 2017 at 4:29 pm #

Thank you.

Wouldn’t it cost them less money to just have a web signup instead of having to call their sales reps? Bad business decision here.

Cord Cutters News June 28, 2017 at 4:40 pm #

Seems to still be in beta.

monkeyrun June 28, 2017 at 5:58 pm #

their previous package never came out of “beta” stage.

Johnathan Grant June 28, 2017 at 5:06 pm #

Yeah if it requires Spectrum service then it’s not too exciting. But if they could offer that nationwide I bet lots of people would sign up.

Mike D June 28, 2017 at 5:11 pm #

Important info FYI re “Spectrum TV Stream..
    “In order to get the Spectrum TV Stream, you must either be an internet only or internet and voice customer. The package offers a live streaming experience without a receiver. You would be able to stream video to your online portal, tablet, phone, Samsung Smart TV or Xbox One or Roku.”

AstroMonster June 28, 2017 at 5:23 pm #

That’s the same thing they had back in 2015 then….I guess they just relaunched it with a little different look

Long June 28, 2017 at 5:19 pm #

I just got the email for this as well. Looks like you have to call to get it. There’s no website link. I’m in southern CA and I currently only have their Spectrum’s internet service. I wonder if this will have the Lakers and Dodgers channel.

Harry Trejo July 12, 2017 at 9:06 pm #

I spoke with a customer rep, Dodgers are not available with the Spectrum TV Stream service. If I want to watch the Dodgers, I would a higher package.

K_Dot November 16, 2017 at 12:52 pm #

Does it include the Spectrum Sportsnet channel for the Lakers?

monkeyrun June 28, 2017 at 5:54 pm #

add about 9-10 dollars on top for tax and fees.

Surfer June 28, 2017 at 7:13 pm #

I don’t know about that. PS Vue, Sling, and DTVN don’t add additional taxes or fees. It’s just whatever price is advertised straight away.

Opera Amelie June 28, 2017 at 10:42 pm #

On the Mailing I received, in the fine-print it states, “Taxes, fees and surcharges are extra.”
        Hmmm, would they charge the Broadcast Fee that was tacked on to their regular TV service and possibly more?

Richard smith June 29, 2017 at 7:18 am #

Probably $4 broadcast fee . I was sent a flyer for just locals for $10 . Fine print said $4 broadcast fee. No Rsn fee since its not offered and than tax.

Surfer June 29, 2017 at 7:19 am #

It is most likely what Sean Berends said, it may depend on the state you live in.

Sean Berends June 28, 2017 at 10:57 pm #

I think it depends on the state that you live in. I live in Texas and pay tax on Sling TV.

Surfer June 29, 2017 at 7:18 am #

Maybe. I live in NY and do not pay taxes.

Craig Phillips June 28, 2017 at 6:07 pm #

I have their internet. I just signed up for this and dropped Hulu Live, Going to save me another $28 a month
    will try this for the summer. They have an ESPN add on that can be added for $12.

Iphart June 28, 2017 at 6:35 pm #

So how is it? Did you also sign up for the premium package the $15 one with all the movie channels?

Craig Phillips June 28, 2017 at 7:34 pm #

It works nice, kind of like the old Time Warner TV app. I went with the basic $20 one for the summer. I may add the sports one later when football starts up.

Mike Stambaugh June 29, 2017 at 4:04 am #

How do the locals work with it , abc cbs nbc ? Just click on them like a reg channel? I’m guessing there’s no dvr since it’s not mentioned anywhere.

Craig Phillips June 29, 2017 at 7:23 am #

Locals work fine easy to navigate. They are also true locals not the national boradcast. No DVR service, but they give you access to On Demand for the locals too which could really offset the DVR need. Hulu live was nice and they should end up doing well with it. This was perfect for me cause I have 3 Rokus and XboxOne. I was able to get all signed in and use multiple with no issues. I also found the $15 for multiple screens on the Hulu Live a tad excessive. I have used Sling, Hulu Live and now this in the last year. I think this will be what I stick with for the price and option to add on ESPN later for football season. When I dove into trimming my services I was paying Time Warner over $220 a month for cable, box with dvr, 300 mbs and phone I never used. I was also paying $20 for Hulu. Now I still have the 300 mbs internet and this Spectrum Stream for $120 and my Hulu is now the $11 no commercials package. So I finally got it cut down to roughly around $100 less per month.

Sunny Rain June 29, 2017 at 8:15 am #

Do they have On Demand content for all broadcast networks shows? And do they provide at least the latest 5 episodes like PS Vue or is it some random older episodes?

Craig Phillips June 29, 2017 at 8:27 am #

It looked like if the channel was available you got access to the on demand. I did not get a chance to dig into all the shows to see how many episodes had available. I did notice on like AMC you had access to the new stuff like Better Call Saul, FTWD and Preacher. The one I did notice was American Dad on TBS had 70+ episodes which is more than Netflix has from those first 4 season I believe or close to it.

Sunny Rain June 29, 2017 at 2:13 pm #

Cool. Cool. Thanks

Devin Serpa June 28, 2017 at 6:38 pm #

Only for Spectrum Internet customers? DOA

Thezuule June 29, 2017 at 7:38 am #

It’s saying you have to have Spectrum Internet or you can’t get the package.

Surfer June 29, 2017 at 7:48 am #

Going by the link from R John Becker below it states “Subject to change; restrictions apply; valid only for named recipient; availability of offer based on service address and valid to qualified residential customers who have no outstanding obligation to Charter.”

To me that means you have to a qualified resident in a Spectrum market, not that you have to be a customer of Spectrum internet.

NEO Stephens June 29, 2017 at 9:46 am #

It may be DOA for you, but not everyone else who has the Internet service.

Joseph ewing July 6, 2017 at 9:06 am #

Not really. Remember, the idea here is not to gain new customers, but to stop the bleeding of existing customers. If the cable companies do that, they win.

They’re not in business to help us. They’re in business to make as much money as possible.

Roy Ashley June 28, 2017 at 7:46 pm #

Jeez, just talked to a rep there…. I currently have only the internet through them. It was TWC first and my package is $65 for 300mbps. She said I needed to switch over to the specturm version of the package then I could get the Stream TV. For whatever reason, this same speed package is $105 a month… So I guess I won’t be getting this now.

Thezuule June 29, 2017 at 7:38 am #

There’s no way you were getting 300 mbps for $65. It was 30 mpbs. Spectrum currently offers 60 mbps for $65.

JWort93 June 29, 2017 at 7:40 am #

Certain TWC areas had their speeds upgraded for the same price under the TWC Maxx plans. It wasn’t in a lot of areas before Spectrum took over though, who then halted the additional rollout. The extreme plan that was $65 in most TWC areas for 50mbps, was the same price for 300mbps in areas that had TWC Maxx.

Roy Ashley June 29, 2017 at 8:15 am #

It was $65 for 50mbps 2 years ago, but here in the Raleigh-Durham area where ATT Gigabit and Google Fiber expanding they did a free increase to 300mbps for $65 to compete.

FranchisePlayer June 29, 2017 at 3:27 pm #

That’s awesome you got that deal. Google Fiber is “crawling” out in my area but even with competition from AT&T, Verizon, & Grande, that 300MB plan from Spectrum costs me $100/month.

I originally had the 200MB plan under TWC and they told me it was no longer offered. So, I could downgrade to 100MB and shave a little off my bill or pay a bit more for the 300MB plan.

Scott Noble June 29, 2017 at 7:41 pm #

I don’t think i get 60mbs for my 65$ 🙁

Elizabeth Sheffer July 12, 2017 at 12:27 am #

TWC subscriber originally – locked in rates March 2016 at $69.99/month for 300 mbps even moved in December and they kept my current rates at my new address

Tigerhawk30 October 4, 2017 at 7:27 am #

My connection through Spectrum is 100 Mbps for $65…at least in the STL area, their minimum has been 100 for around four years now.

Steven McIntosh November 6, 2017 at 3:21 am #

I doubt any of them would know if they got 3 mbps or 300 mbps

Max Kamm June 28, 2017 at 9:02 pm #

Fox Now w/ FX & National Geo is now Live on Roku

James Walsh June 29, 2017 at 7:39 am #

Chatted with a Rep about this package and there is NO cartoon network. Boo!

OneOfOne June 29, 2017 at 8:56 am #

Grow up

NEO Stephens June 29, 2017 at 9:47 am #

Maybe it’s for his kids. LOL LOL

Fiveo Coverup August 4, 2017 at 8:51 pm #

The apparent lack of Viacom stuffs (MTV, Comedy Central, Nick, Nick Jr), stuff for the kids (Disney, Disney Jr, Cartoon, Sprout, Nick, Nick Jr, Nicktoon etc), and news stuffs (CNBC, MSNBC, CNN, Fox News; didn’t see any of these on the flyer for news addon that someone posted a link for in one of the comments), make this kind of a non-starter for us.. However, having all those locals would be nice, and HBO/Showtime/TMC/Starz/Encore for $15 extra looks pretty nice as well.

Zachare Sylvestre July 27, 2017 at 1:31 pm #

Yeah, can’t get Riggity Riggity Wrecked.

James Walsh June 29, 2017 at 7:48 am #

The mailer AD in Austin has Premium Channels @ $10 each which includes EPIX . I can get it through Sling TV for $5 including HDNet movies and Fandango.

stumpy579 June 29, 2017 at 8:23 am #

“They join a growing list of live TV services like Sling TV, DIRECTV NOW, PlayStation Vue, Hulu, and more.” No they are NOT like them at all. These cable companies are going to provide streaming options in their own protected(monopoly)areas only. The intent is to keep their own customers from switching to Vue,Sling,Hulu etc. not to provide another option for everyone. Comcast,Verizon and other big cable operators will do the same thing. They will not offer their streaming service outside their own monopolies. If they can use these streaming services to keep customers who want a streaming service to stay with them it will hurt the growth of the only true competition. Services like Vue,Fubo,Hulu and Youtube are a real threat to the old cable/sat. monopoly and if those services don’t survive streaming will become the same overpriced ripoff we had before. If a cable company launches a streaming service only in its own service area it is not good for cordcutting at all. Never trust the old cable/sat. industry as they are always looking for ways to eliminate true competition.

OneOfOne June 29, 2017 at 8:56 am #

You don’t know what a monopoly is so stop crying about it. It’s a better deal than traditional cable inarguably. How are they supposed to offer something outside their market idiot? If you don’t like the option pick another. And try not to be so stupid

Brian Noftsier June 29, 2017 at 8:10 pm #

No. its not. Its tied to modem mac so you have you be home to watch. Vue and Sling and DTVN don’t have that requirement (PS Vue does though)

Carl Maynor June 30, 2017 at 12:40 pm #

So does Directv Now. Sling is the clear winner in this department.

Wayne Perry July 3, 2017 at 10:19 am #

Whoever told you that about Directv Now lied to you. I used my Directv Now login at my Dad’s house on his Roku to show him how it worked so he could decide if he wanted it. It is not tied to anything and it can be used on your phone, your tablet, your computer, and most streaming devices.

Carl Maynor July 3, 2017 at 10:42 am #

I misread their website. It would seem that local channels are not available if you are out of your billing area. Sorry about that.

Jak Ripper July 6, 2017 at 3:41 pm #

Your To STUPID by half…I guess that makes you a RETARD…First off The industry is now thought of as PUBLIC UTILITIES or did you sleep through the past 8 years? OBOZO stated that many times…..Now to learn you some mo, IDIOT…….Public UTILITIES are “GOVERNMENT PROTECTED MONOPOLIES….They don’t have any COMPETITION….So maybe pull your RETARDED “PROGRESSIVE HEAD” out of your RETARDED ASS

Rob Price August 2, 2017 at 10:39 am #

Vue, Fubo, Hulu, and Youtube are NO real threat to the old cable/sat. monopoly, because they are still “bundling” channel packages. Their only differentiation is that they are not charging us for the overhead of infrastructure and wiring. The streaming service that provides true ala carte channeling will be the only real threat to Spectrum, etc. The others are merely minor competitors trying to overcharge us for channels we don’t really want.

Benny July 3, 2017 at 6:13 pm #

This package is worse than the one offered in the past two years. For $20, you get some cable channels including ESPN (main channel only though) and HBO or Showtime at your choice. Free Roku 3 is included as well. My monthly bill after taxes and fees is $28.xx.

Biff322 July 17, 2017 at 11:10 pm #

WTH is this offered? I go to Charters site and they don’t have a streaming tv plan anywhere on there. All they want to do is sell me their “triple play” where they want me to buy internet, tv, and phone from them. Nowhere on their site are streaming plans. I search for “Spectrum TV Stream” on Google and find all kinds of articles just like this one, but no links.

Al Oliver September 20, 2017 at 4:10 pm #

No MSNBC? Forget it then.

K_Dot November 16, 2017 at 12:53 pm #

Can anybody give me the lineup of the channels? I don’t want to speak to the representative about the channels since they’ll go on and on and on about stuff.

TexBill December 21, 2017 at 9:57 pm #