Halloween is just around the corner, and STARZ is conjuring up all the spooky, ghoulish Originals and classic movies just in time for the frightful night. Stream the STARZ Original Series Ash vs Evil Dead, or check out the horror movie marathon beginning October 30 at 8 pm and running all through Halloween day, with classic terrors including The Exorcism of Emily Rose and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
In the mood for something a little more lighthearted? Get your laughs in with not-too-scary Halloween movies like Land of the Lost starring Will Ferrel, or a whole list of spooky kids titles like Hotel Transylvania and Coraline.
STARZ App and On Demand
Stephen King “The King of Horror,” 10/26/2020-10/31/2020
- Carrie (1976) – The original contemporary horror classic! A sensitive young girl, bullied by her high school classmates, finally has a memorable, gory meltdown at the prom! With John Travolta, directed by Brian DePalma from the Stephen King novel.
- Carrie (2002) – Carrie, based on the novel by Stephen King takes on new life as a teenage horror story unveils the existence of a tortured and anguished high school outcast. Carrie, a telekinetic teenager, unleashes her wrath after years of torment from an overbearing mother and constant cruelty from her classmates. The result of her rage is horrifying.
- The Rage: Carrie 2 (1999) – Twenty-three years later, Carrie’s best friend is now a high school counselor who meets Rachel – a girl who denies her telekinetic powers until some jocks and cheerleaders make her really angry! Based on the characters created by Stephen King.
- Hearts in Atlantis (2001) – During the Vietnam war, a brilliant but fatherless boy and his mother, whose lives are forever changed by a mysterious man who enlists the aid of the young boy to save his life.
- Needful Things (1993) – Leland Gaunt comes to Sheriff Alan Pangborn’s pleasant little New England town, and opens a store. What this kindly Satan sells is whatever you need, from a surcease from pain to an object which you have always coveted. The Faustian price is, of course, corruption, and soon the poor sheriff’s town is wracked by jealousy, spite, and violence.
- Apt Pupil (1998) – A sixteen-year-old honor student discovers a Nazi war criminal in his hometown and exchanges a vow of silence for an in-depth look into the Nazi’s sinister history. Based on the novella by Stephen King.
- Christine (1983) – An outcast teen buys an alluring 1958 Plymouth that proves to have demonic powers – and a nasty jealous streak when it comes to her owner! Based on the Stephen King novel.
STARZ Original Series
- Ash vs Evil Dead – Three decades of relative calm are shattered when an act of stoned stupidity unleashes Deadite mayhem back into the life of braggart Ash Williams.
Trick or Treat – Halloween for Kids, 10/28/2020-10/31/2020
- Hotel Transylvania (2012) – Welcome to Hotel Transylvania, Dracula’s lavish five-stake resort, where monsters and their families can live it up and no humans are allowed.
- Open Season: Scared Silly (2015) – Elliot, Boog, Mr. Weenie and all your favorite woodland creatures are back in a brand new, comedy adventure!
- Coraline (2009) – An adventurous girl finds another world that is a strangely idealized version of her frustrating home, but it has sinister secrets.
- Sabrina, The Animated Series (1999) – A prequel to the hit ‘Sabrina: The Teenage Witch,’ this series follows the misadventures of young Sabrina as she balances middle school and magic.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein (1990) – Get ready for a frightfully funny Alvin and the Chipmunks adventure as the trio find themselves face-to-face with Dr. Frankenstein and his monster at a world-famous movie-studio theme park!
- Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman (2000) – It’s a hilarious race against the next full moon when Alvin is sure that the new neighbor is a werewolf, but the fun and frights really begin when Theodore starts acting strangely, too!
- An American Tail: Mystery of the Night Monster (1999) – Stories of a mouse-napper in Manhattan frighten the rodents (Thomas Dekker, Robert Hays) and their new companion, news reporter Nelly Brie (Susan Boyd).
Horror Movie Marathon, 10/30/2020 – 10/31/2020 – Beginning at 8pm PT/ET and running all day Halloween
- Fantasy Island (2020) – In Blumhouse’s Fantasy Island, the enigmatic Mr. Roarke makes the secret dreams of his lucky guests come true at a luxurious but remote tropical resort. But when the fantasies turn into nightmares, the guests have to solve the island’s mystery in order to escape with their lives
- The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005) – Supernatural possession, a botched exorcism and science versus religious faith combine in the powerful story of a priest – charged with negligent homicide – and the lawyer who fights to defend him.
- Escape Room (2019) – Escape Room is a psychological thriller about six strangers who find themselves in circumstances beyond their control and must use their wits to find the clues or die.
- Zombieland: Double Tap (2019) – Zombie slayers Tallahassee, Columbus, Wichita and Little Rock square off against the newly evolved undead.
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) – In this remake of the horror classic, a group of young travelers comes across an isolated rural home while driving through Texas. Unfortunately for them, the decrepit house is the residence of a family of deranged backwoods killers, most notably a hulking masked brute known as Leatherface, who begins to hunt the stranded youths down. Will any of the friends survive the nightmarish ordeal?
Halloween Week Triple Feature, 10/26/2020 – 10/31/2020 – Beginning each night at 8pm PT/ET
- Drag Me to Hell (2009) – A pretty young loan officer becomes the victim of an evil gypsy curse in Sam Raimi’s jolting horror flick.
- Darkness Falls (2003) – A young man returns to his boyhood home to face the nightmares that have haunted him his entire life – when he discovers the brother of an old girlfriend is having the same dreams, a battle with an evil spirt begins
- The Entity (1982) – A woman, beaten and raped by an unseen presence, goes to parapyschologists for help. They find she has become a magnet for an evil supernatural force that seemingly can’t be stopped.
- The Wolfman (2010) – Benicio Del Toro is the cursed young gentleman who transforms into a bloodthirsty werewolf by the full moon in this scary remake.
- The Stepfather (2009) – A recently divorced mom falls for a man who preaches the importance of family. But her teenage son has doubts, and a neighbor thinks he looks like a murder suspect she saw on an unsolved mysteries tv show. Who is this man?
Halloween Action Marathon, 10/31/2020 – Beginning at 3pm PT/ET
- Patient Zero (2018) – An immune survivor tries to find a cure for a global pandemic that unleashed a violent new species.
- Mystery Men (1999) – Champion City already has a superhero, the appropriately named Captain Amazing, but that doesn’t deter the city’s seven quirky amateur crime-fighters, who use the Captain’s capture at the hands of villain Casanova Frankenstein as motivation to prove themselves. The only problem is that their strange powers — silverware hurling, bowling, shovel skills,incompetent invisibility and deadly flatulence — aren’t doing them any favors.
- Underworld: Awakening (2012) – When human forces discover the existence of the Vampire and Lycan clans, a war to eradicate both species commences. The vampire warrior Selene leads the battle against humankind.
- Van Helsing (2004) – Hugh Jackman stars as the fearless vampire killer whose hunt for the diabolical Count Dracula pits him against the Wolf Man and others.
Psycho Marathon, 10/30/2020 – Beginning at 6:30pm PT/ET
- Psycho (1998) – Vince Vaughn stars as mother-obsessed maniac Norman Bates in Gus Van Sant’s slick shot-for-shot remake of Alfred Hitchcock’s classic.
- Psycho II (1983) – Anthony Perkins returns as schizoid shower killer Norman Bates, now rehabilitated and ready for guests at his ramshackle motel.
- Psycho III (1986) – Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the shower…Norman Bates is back, and his menacing motel is once again open for business.
- Psycho IV (1990) – Back to the origins of the spooky Bates Motel – Norman Bates phones a radio talk show and recalls life as a teenager with his seriously warped mother. Will Norman’s secrets be revealed?
Halloween Crack-Ups and Cut-Ups! 10/30/2020 – 10/31/2020 – Beginning at 8pm PT/ET and running all day Halloween
- Land of the Lost (2009) – Will Ferrell and three companions time warp back to the prehistoric age in this comical adventure based on the cult 1970s TV series.
- Fright Night 2: New Blood (2013) – Charley Brewster (Will Payne) and friends encounter a sultry vampire (Jaime Murray) in Romania.
- Young Frankenstein (1974) – A descendant of Dr. Frankenstein sets out to make a man.
- Scary Movie 3 (2003) – The third hilarious installment in the “Scary Movie” comedy franchise pokes fun at everything from “The Ring” to “The Matrix.”