Today Tablo announced a new 4 tuner DVR and a soon to be released feature that will automatically skip commercials. The new Tablo Quad comes with 4 tuners built in allowing you to record 4 shows at once. The new DVR also supports up to 8 TB of external storage. There is also an optional 2.5-inch internal SATA drive connection for recording storage.
Tablo also announced that in March, they will be starting an open beta for our automatic commercial skip feature. This new feature makes it possible for any subscription-enabled Tablo OTA DVR to play most recordings without any commercials. This new feature will use machine learning to skip past commercials on your recordings.
“Tablo QUAD is the only 4-Tuner OTA DVR on the market that easily delivers OTA TV content to all streaming media platforms,” said Grant Hall, CEO of Nuvyyo. “At Nuvyyo, we remain focused on delivering solutions that give cord cutters an optimal balance between picture quality, storage, and speed along with the freedom to watch what they want, when they want, and on the device they choose.”
Tablo QUAD features:
- Recording Storage Options: Tablo QUAD works with either external USB hard drives, or internal SATA drives up to 8 TB so you can store up to 4000 hours or 166 straight days of HDTV content from any Over-the-Air TV antenna.*
- Clutter-Free Design: With a new 2.5-inch internal SATA drive connection option, Tablo QUAD gives cord cutters a clutter-free, aesthetically pleasing, recording storage choice.
- Upgraded Connectivity: Enjoy fast network connectivity via 802.11ac WiFi and Gigabit Ethernet.
- Platform-Friendly Apps: Tablo QUAD is powered by the full range of Tablo apps, making it easy for cord cutters to watch, pause, and record network broadcast TV programs on:
- Streaming media devices: Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, and Chromecast
- Smart TVs: Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Samsung TIZEN, and LG WebOS 2.0+
- iOS/Android smartphones and tablets
- PC/MAC computers
- Gaming systems: Xbox One and NVIDIA SHIELD TV
- Commercial Skip (Beta): Automatic commercial skip makes it easy to play back most recordings from Tablo OTA DVRs without any commercial interruptions, eliminating manual fast-forwarding. Unlike other offerings which rely on intensive computing power or humans to identify commercial breaks, Tablo uses a cloud-based hybrid of digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms and machine learning to deliver more accurate results. The feature will be available via an open beta to all Tablo OTA DVR owners with an active guide subscription.
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.