tablo_dvr

Tablo DVR Owners Now Have Access to New Advanced Recording Features

Today Nuvyyo, the company behind Tablo DVRs, is rolling out a massive update with new advanced DVR features.

With this update, Tablo DVR owners will be able start a recording up to 10 minutes early and let it run up to 3 hours beyond the program’s scheduled end time. This allows Tablo DVR owners to never miss the end of the big game or what happens after the game.

You have been able to protect recordings now from auto delete allowing your Tablo to free up space but still protect the shows and movies you want. Now you can tell Tablo to keep a select number of episodes for each show. For example, if you record the evening news you can tell Tablo to only keep two episodes to avoid filling up your DVR.

Finally, you can now pick what channel you want to record your show on. Now that many shows air on multiple networks you can say, for example, only record a show from Fox even if it re-airs on The CW. This gives Tablo DVR owners great control over what they record.

“Industry experts have already singled Tablo out as the best OTA DVR for most cord cutters, yet we remain focused on making our Tablo app experience even better through performance and feature-set improvements,” said Grant Hall, CEO at Nuvyyo. “With these powerful advanced recording features, we believe Tablo now offers best mix of feature set, ease-of-use, and cross-device support of any antenna DVR solution.”

Once updated to the latest firmware (2.2.18), owners of Tablo 2-Tuner, Tablo 4-Tuner, and Tablo DUAL 64GB OTA DVRs can access advanced recording settings via the Tablo Channel on Roku and Tablo apps for Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, NVIDIA SHIELD TV, PC/MAC, and mobile devices. Over the coming months, these features will be made available on additional Tablo-supported devices and platforms including the Tablo DVR ENGINE for NVIDIA SHIELD TV.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

10 Responses to Tablo DVR Owners Now Have Access to New Advanced Recording Features

1. Bill Eastman January 25, 2018 at 9:13 am #

It really saves disk space. I record the evening news because sometimes I’m not home when it begins. If I am home I watch live and forget to delete the recording.

2. Darryl January 25, 2018 at 10:44 am #

Now if they can get the channels to load quickly, I will go back to their product. I currently use HDhomerun because of the top shelf in Apple TV and load time. The channel starts instantly.

• Fred Koot January 25, 2018 at 12:58 pm #

They would have to give up on transcoding and Roku support, don’t see if happening

• Doug Benedict January 25, 2018 at 4:32 pm #

That doesn’t bother me. I just use that brief moment to reflect on how much money I save each month.

3. Todd Joseph January 25, 2018 at 10:58 am #

What a joke……… Tivo has been doing this way before Tablo. Tablo is a terrible product that i will never deal with again!!!!!!!!!

• Carl Collie January 25, 2018 at 12:26 pm #

It may not be as refined but it is free and other than slow to load live feed it works well for me and not paying 15 a month is worth it.

• Todd Joseph January 25, 2018 at 1:09 pm #

My Tivo OTA dvr has lifetime free guide………I pay no fees…… and the I messed with Tablo for about a week…. sometimes it worked some times it didnt…. returned it played with the new Tablo for about a week. Same issues, and because of this my entire famy has cut the cord and used Tivo for 6 months now……… not one problem!!!!!

4. Frank Herbert January 25, 2018 at 4:44 pm #

My 2 tuner Tablo has been blinking 1 / sec for three hours now. Not sure what is going on, could this be the 2.2.18 update downloading and installing? Anyone know how long this should take?

• Frank Herbert January 25, 2018 at 5:30 pm #

Problem solved: a channel rescan earlier in the day caused the unit to hang up, not new firmware download.

• Bill Eastman January 27, 2018 at 9:06 am #

New firmware won’t download until you tell it too. It is a staged rollout. I don’t have .18 yet, but .17 (last beta before rollour) has had features. Now I can talk about them.