Earlier this year Tablo released a new 4 tuner Tablo Quad DVR and it quickly went out of stock. Now the Tablo Quad 4 tuner version with better WiFi and an internal hard drive option is now once again in stock at Amazon. Last time the Tablo Quad DVR was in stock it didn’t last long so if you want this new DVR don’t wait.
About the Tablo Quad:
- Cancel cable, keep the DVR: watch, pause, and record up to four live ota TV channels at once. Browse upcoming shows, schedule and manage recordings. Skip commercials, fast-forward and rewind recordings
- Whole-home networked DVR: Tablo has no HDMI connection. It connects to your router instead of your TV to let you browse, record, and stream live antenna TV to any device, anytime, anywhere. (Out-of-home streaming requires an active Tablo guide data subscription, optional, sold separately)
- Dual-band AC Wi-Fi included: The only OTA DVR with Wi-Fi, Tablo lets you position the DVR and TV antenna for the best ota TV signal reception. (Tv antenna required, sold separately)
- Enjoy your favorite network TV channels via Tablo apps on your iOS & android mobile devices, computers, Smart TVs, streaming media & Gaming devices, incl. Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, NVIDIA shield TV, and Xbox
- Flexible storage options: connect as much recording capacity as you want, up to 8TB (SATA or USB hard drive required to store recordings and play multiple live Streams simultaneously. Sold separately)
You can find the Tablo Quad for sale on Amazon HERE.
Here is our hands-on review of the Tablo Quad 4 tuner DVR:
The new Tablo Quad comes with 4 tuners built in allowing you to record 4 shows at once. The new DVR also supports up to 8 TB of external storage. There is also an optional 2.5-inch internal SATA drive connection for recording storage.
Tablo QUAD features:
- Recording Storage Options: Tablo QUAD works with either external USB hard drives, or internal SATA drives up to 8 TB so you can store up to 4000 hours or 166 straight days of HDTV content from any Over-the-Air TV antenna.*
- Clutter-Free Design: With a new 2.5-inch internal SATA drive connection option, Tablo QUAD gives cord cutters a clutter-free, aesthetically pleasing, recording storage choice.
- Upgraded Connectivity: Enjoy fast network connectivity via 802.11ac WiFi and Gigabit Ethernet.
- Platform-Friendly Apps: Tablo QUAD is powered by the full range of Tablo apps, making it easy for cord cutters to watch, pause, and record network broadcast TV programs on:
- Streaming media devices: Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, and Chromecast
- Smart TVs: Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Samsung TIZEN, and LG WebOS 2.0+
- iOS/Android smartphones and tablets
- PC/MAC computers
- Gaming systems: Xbox One and NVIDIA SHIELD TV
- Commercial Skip (Beta): Automatic commercial skip makes it easy to play back most recordings from Tablo OTA DVRs without any commercial interruptions, eliminating manual fast-forwarding. Unlike other offerings which rely on intensive computing power or humans to identify commercial breaks, Tablo uses a cloud-based hybrid of digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms and machine learning to deliver more accurate results. The feature will be available via an open beta to all Tablo OTA DVR owners with an active guide subscription.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!