Today it was announced that the new 4 tuner Tablo Quad DVR is now available for sale exclusively on the Tablo website. This new DVR is a huge improvement over the older 4 tuner version with better WiFi and an internal hard drive option.
Here is our hands-on review of the Tablo Quad 4 tuner DVR:
The new Tablo Quad comes with 4 tuners built in allowing you to record 4 shows at once. The new DVR also supports up to 8 TB of external storage. There is also an optional 2.5-inch internal SATA drive connection for recording storage.
Tablo QUAD features:
- Recording Storage Options: Tablo QUAD works with either external USB hard drives, or internal SATA drives up to 8 TB so you can store up to 4000 hours or 166 straight days of HDTV content from any Over-the-Air TV antenna.*
- Clutter-Free Design: With a new 2.5-inch internal SATA drive connection option, Tablo QUAD gives cord cutters a clutter-free, aesthetically pleasing, recording storage choice.
- Upgraded Connectivity: Enjoy fast network connectivity via 802.11ac WiFi and Gigabit Ethernet.
- Platform-Friendly Apps: Tablo QUAD is powered by the full range of Tablo apps, making it easy for cord cutters to watch, pause, and record network broadcast TV programs on:
- Streaming media devices: Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, and Chromecast
- Smart TVs: Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Samsung TIZEN, and LG WebOS 2.0+
- iOS/Android smartphones and tablets
- PC/MAC computers
- Gaming systems: Xbox One and NVIDIA SHIELD TV
- Commercial Skip (Beta): Automatic commercial skip makes it easy to play back most recordings from Tablo OTA DVRs without any commercial interruptions, eliminating manual fast-forwarding. Unlike other offerings which rely on intensive computing power or humans to identify commercial breaks, Tablo uses a cloud-based hybrid of digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms and machine learning to deliver more accurate results. The feature will be available via an open beta to all Tablo OTA DVR owners with an active guide subscription.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our live Q&A, weekly news recap, and more.
Follow us for more cord cutting news, tips, and reviews.
Plus, join our Tech Support Facebook Group for cord cutting support from our community.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get our weekly newsletter, the latest deals, and much more.