Picking the right antenna can be confusing. There are hundreds of antennas out there and picking the right one for is no easy tasks. One of the most common questions I get is what is the best antenna. That is a huge topic especially when it comes to indoor vs outdoor antennas. So we decided to break that out into indoor and outdoor antenna posts. Today we take a look at the best indoor antennas of 2018.
Before we go any farther though you really should first visit AntennaWeb.org to make sure an indoor antenna will work where you live. That will help prevent you from buying the wrong antenna.
Disclaimer: Every antenna on this list is an antenna I have personally tested and can recommend. This list is also in no particular order so don’t think the antenna listed first is any better than the last one listed.
Mohu has long been known for their flat antennas and the Mohu Leaf Glide is their new high-end flat antenna. It easily hides in your living room yet still offers a very powerfully antenna to pick up both VHF and UHF channels.
- Enjoy Free TV for Life: Leaf Glide reaches a 65-mile radius to bring you HD Over-the-Air TV shows news and sports on network and local television
- Multi-directional Reversible and Paintable: no pointing” is needed reversible black and white design and is paintable to match any decorComes with included 16 foot high performance cable; HDTV Antenna Proudly Designed and Manufactured in the United States with a 1-year Warranty”
You can find the Mohu Leaf Glide 65 on Amazon HERE.
If you want cheap and small the TERK Trinity Trimodal HDTV Indoor antenna maybe the one you want. I have used this antenna in my house and have been very happy with it. This antenna sits on a table next to your TV but has a very modern look that will help it blend in with your living.
- Cutting-edge design blends seamlessly with today’s home entertainment systems
- Smartboost amplifier design outperforms all other brands and boosts weak signals
- Trimodal Technology provides excellent signal reception quality
You can find the TERK Trinity on Amazon HERE.
If you want something a little different the ClearStream ECLIPS antenna is a flat antenna with a modern look. In our testing we found ourselves very pleased with how this multi-directional antenna performed.
- Best performance among flat HD Antennas in the 50 Mile range category [NOTE: Certain variables unrelated to product and performance can affect reception, such as the install location, tall trees and buildings, and the distance from the towers]
- Sure Grip guarantees the easiest installation of any indoor antenna; grips to walls and windows. It’s perfect for dorm rooms or take it on-the-go
- The 20db in-line amplifier system provides added range and maximum signal reception for more channels
You can find the ClearStream ECLIPSE antenna on Amazon HERE.
If you are looking for a cheaper flat antenna checkout the Winegard FlatWave antenna. This is a solid antenna at a very competitive price. We have had one of them in our office since 2015.
- Indoor Amplified TV Antenna – The FlatWave Amped is a 50 mile long range multi-directional indoor amplified TV antenna with an embedded digital TV antenna amplifier, attached mini coax cable and USB power cable with 110v adapter. The Amped receives both VHF and UHF signals in HD. Ultra thin and reversible black and white indoor TV antenna.
You can find the Winegard FlatWave antenna on Amazon HERE.
If you want a directional antenna checkout the TERK HDTVAZ antenna. Now, this is a very large indoor antenna but is also a very good directional antenna. Now that means you need to point it at the tower but if you have a weak station you want to pick up this maybe the antenna for you.
- UHF and VHF elements for reception of all available broadcasts (channels 2-69)
- Highly directional UHF element reduces signal interference – delivers maximum gain
- Integrated amplifier boosts weak signals and preserves signal purity
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.