The Roku Channel is building its content library again in January, with the addition of 37 movie titles, including 2 titles exclusive to The Roku Channel, and full seasons of 3 more shows.
Here’s everything coming to The Roku Channel in January 2022.
- Alex Cross – A homicide detective is pushed to the brink of his moral and physical limits as he tangles with a ferociously skilled hired killer who specializes in torture and pain.
- The Book of Eli – A post-apocalyptic tale, in which a lone man fights his way across America in order to protect a sacred book that holds the secrets to saving humankind.
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon – A young Chinese warrior steals a sword from a famed swordsman and then escapes into a world of romantic adventure with a mysterious man in the frontier of the nation.
- Deja Vu – After a ferry is bombed in New Orleans, an A.T.F. agent joins a unique investigation using experimental surveillance technology to find the bomber, but soon finds himself becoming obsessed with one of the victims.
- Fury – A grizzled tank commander makes tough decisions as he and his crew fight their way across Germany in April 1945.
- Knight and Day – A young woman gets mixed up with a disgraced spy who is trying to clear his name.
- Machete – After being set-up and betrayed by the man who hired him to assassinate a Texas Senator, an ex-Federale launches a brutal rampage of revenge against his former boss.
- Across the Universe – The music of The Beatles and the Vietnam War form the backdrop for the romance between an upper-class American girl and a poor Liverpudlian artist.
- La Bamba – Biographical story of the rise from nowhere of early rock and roll singer Ritchie Valens who died at age 17 in a plane crash with Buddy Holly and The Big Bopper.
- The Last of the Mohicans – Three trappers protect the daughters of a British Colonel in the midst of the French and Indian War.
- Miracles from Heaven – Based on the incredible true story of the Beam family.
- The Other Boleyn Girl – Two sisters contend for the affection of King Henry VIII.
- Precious – In New York City’s Harlem circa 1987, an overweight, abused, illiterate teen who is pregnant with her second child is invited to enroll in an alternative school in hopes that her life can head in a new direction.
- Purple Rain – A young musician, tormented by an abusive situation at home, must contend with a rival singer, a burgeoning romance, and his own dissatisfied band, as his star begins to rise.
- Stepmom – A terminally-ill woman must deal with her ex-husband’s new lover, who will be their children’s stepmother.
- What’s Love Got to Do with It – The story of singer Tina Turner’s rise to stardom and how she gained the courage to break free from her abusive husband, Ike Turner.
- Contagion – Healthcare professionals, government officials and everyday people find themselves in the midst of a pandemic as the CDC works to find a cure.
- 10 Things I Hate About You – A pretty, popular teenager can’t go out on a date until her ill-tempered older sister does.
- Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights – High school senior Katey moves to Havana in November 1958, when her dad gets a promotion at Ford. She meets a local waiter, who introduces her to sensual Cuban music/dance. They enter a big dance contest for the prize when he gets fired.
- The Lake House – A lonely doctor who once occupied an unusual lakeside house begins to exchange love letters with its former resident, a frustrated architect. They must try to unravel the mystery behind their extraordinary romance before it’s too late.
- Step Up – Tyler Gage receives the opportunity of a lifetime after vandalizing a performing arts school, gaining him the chance to earn a scholarship and dance with an up and coming dancer, Nora.
- Step Up 2: The Streets – Romantic sparks occur between two dance students from different backgrounds at the Maryland School of the Arts.
- Tootsie – Michael Dorsey, an unsuccessful actor, disguises himself as a woman in order to get a role on a trashy hospital soap.
- West Side Story – Two youngsters from rival New York City gangs fall in love, but tensions between their respective friends build toward tragedy.
- Annie (2014) – A foster kid, who lives with her mean foster mom, sees her life change when business tycoon and New York City mayoral candidate Will Stacks makes a thinly-veiled campaign move and takes her in.
- City Slickers – On the verge of turning 40, an unhappy Manhattan yuppie is roped into joining his two friends on a cattle drive in the southwest.
- City Slickers 2: The Legend of Curly’s Gold – One year after their first adventure, Mitch Robbins and his friends discover a treasure map that belonged to their late trail guide Curly and they set out to discover its secrets.
- Hot Tub Time Machine – A malfunctioning time machine at a ski resort takes a man back to 1986 with his two friends and nephew, where they must relive a fateful night and not change anything to make sure the nephew is born.
- Masterminds – A guard at an armored car company in the Southern U.S. organizes one of the biggest bank heists in American history. Based on the October 1997 Loomis Fargo robbery.
- O Brother, Where Art Thou? – In the deep south during the 1930s, three escaped convicts search for hidden treasure while a relentless lawman pursues them.
- Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married? – The big-screen adaptation of Perry’s stage play about the trials of marriage and what happens to one family when a sexy young temptress arrives on the scene.
- Zookeeper – A group of zoo animals decide to break their code of silence in order to help their lovable zookeeper find love, without opting to leave his current job for something more illustrious.
- They Shall Not Grow Old – A documentary about World War I with never-before-seen footage to commemorate the centennial of the end of the war.
- Monster Zone – An intelligent 15-year-old high school student is unexpectedly transferred to a boarding school where he opens a portal of monsters from another dimension.
- Red Shoes and the Seven Dwarfs – Princes who have been turned into Dwarfs seek the red shoes of a lady in order to break the spell, although it will not be easy. A parody with a twist.
- The Adventure of A.R.I.: My Robot Friend – A teenager summons the courage to help a friendly robot known as A.R.I. kidnapped by a ruthless lab director working for a powerful corporation seeking to turn him into a dangerous weapon in order to rule the world.
- I.Ape (launches 1/11) – In the world of espionage, some missions require an agent with a unique set of skills, possessing not just bravery but an ability to melt even the most villainous heart. This is a job for C.I.Ape.
- Parenthood – The lives and tragedies of the Braverman family tree.
- House – An antisocial maverick doctor who specializes in diagnostic medicine does whatever it takes to solve puzzling cases that come his way using his crack team of doctors and his wits.
- The Mentalist – A famous “psychic” outs himself as a fake, and starts working as a consultant for the California Bureau of Investigation so he can find “Red John”, the madman who killed his wife and daughter.