Android TV users can now stream sports, news, finance, and entertainment from the Yahoo app. The app is now available to Android TV users on any device running at least Android 5.1.
As Android Police noted when they shared the news, the app is technically named Yahoo: Sports, Finance & News and gives subscribers quality content in each of those areas. Yahoo app users can sort through a general section or choose the personalized Following section.
Here’s the updated description of the app from the Google Play store.
The Yahoo App is a free personalized video channel that lets you explore the topics you care about the most from across Yahoo News, Sports, Finance and Entertainment. Follow your favorite sports teams, stocks and celebrities to get updates in a daily personalized video reel along with local news and weather.
From original shows to the latest news, stream the best from Yahoo updated just for you all in one place!
Featuring shows and videos from:
- Yahoo Sports – The Rush, The Bounce, The Spin, highlights and recaps from NFL, NBA, MLB and more.
- Yahoo Finance – Market Movers, Bell-to-Bell Coverage and special stock analysis and reports.
- Yahoo Entertainment – Daytime Now, In the Know and the latest celebrity news and interviews.
- Yahoo News – Skullduggery TV, Unfiltered, and special news reports from HuffPost.
- Live Events – Makers Conference, Berkshire Hathaway, Build Series interviews and breaking news.
Due to content licensing, the Yahoo app is only available in the US for now.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!