Sling TV 3
We may earn a commission from purchases through links on our site. You can learn more here.

Here Are the Top 10 Most Popular TV Shows of 2017 According to Sling TV

Recently Sling TV released a look at how their subscribers watched TV in 2017. Today we take a look at the top 10 most popular shows on Sling TV. (Remember: These are TV shows not events so no sports or news events here.)

According to Sling TV these are the top 10 shows of 2017:

1. “Fixer Upper”—HGTV
  2. “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”—(reruns) USA Network
  3. “American Pickers”—A&E
  4. “The Big Bang Theory”—(reruns) TBS
  5. “The Walking Dead”—AMC
  6. “House Hunters”—HGTV
  7. “Property Brothers”—HGTV
  8. “Impractical Jokers”—TruTV
  9. “Live PD”—A&E
  10. “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives”—Food Network

According to the network the season finale of “Fixer Upper” on HGTV was the most viewed show by Sling TV subscribers in 31 states. (Remember: This is for TV shows not counting live news or sports.)

It is interesting to see reruns are so popular with “Law & Order” Special Victims Unit” and “The Big Bang Theory” both rating so high.

What do you think of this list from Sling TV? Are you surprised by how high reruns are rated? Any surprise to see “The Walking Dead” so low on the list at number 5? Maybe the fact that “Doctor Who” didn’t make the list? Leave us a comment and let us know what you think.

Disclaimer: To address the growing use of ad blockers we now use affiliate links to sites like Amazon.com, streaming services, and others. Affiliate links help sites like Cord Cutters News, LLC stay open. Affiliate links cost you nothing but help me support my family. We do not allow paid reviews on this site. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

10 Responses to Here Are the Top 10 Most Popular TV Shows of 2017 According to Sling TV

Fred Koot December 28, 2017 at 9:09 am #

I think I might have to give up on live streaming. Way too much reality tv.

Sunflower December 28, 2017 at 10:28 am #

I’m watching re-runs too, OTA. Stargate Atlantis on CometTV and the occasion Laramie episode on Grit. I’m sick of all the Haley Cueco abused animal commercials and will probably buy SG1 and Atlantis on dvd. I’m thinking we could sign up for a month and stream all the Star Trek Discovery episodes and the new upcoming Stargate Origins.
    DH watches Outer Limits and the occasional Lost in Space episode. We are new cord-cutters and haven’t even had PSVue a month yet. DH watches the Dobbs show on FBN several nights a week and college football. He uses Youtube to watch music videos.
    We probably sound as odd as the people who watch that list on Sling. So glad there are so many options out there!

Fred Koot December 28, 2017 at 10:43 am #

Have you signed up for Stargate Command yet?

Sunflower December 28, 2017 at 10:45 am #

No, not yet. Thought I’d wait until there was a full season to watch and Origins hasn’t aired yet.

Fred Koot December 28, 2017 at 10:47 am #

You can use a different email for CBS all access and get a month free. Just finished watching Discovery yesterday

Lynnneez December 28, 2017 at 6:09 pm #

How do you watch Stargate on Comet? Is there a way to not just wait for it to randomly “air”. There is a sort of guide that shows close to a day ahead but it is in a different time zone from me and doesnt seem to match anything showing. I assume you can’t dvr or save episodes either? It seems far too much like watching TV 20 years ago and i cant just hope to randomly catch an episode or two.

Sunflower December 28, 2017 at 6:22 pm #

The CometTV schedule works for me. Mon through Fri nights at 10 pm CT, but you have to wait through the endless animal abuse commercials.
        No OTA dvr yet. I’m still debating on getting a converter box that supposedly can record on usb or external.
        It would be nice if CordCutters did a show on how everyone manages to DVR their OTA shows and what equipment they have to do this.

stumpy579 December 28, 2017 at 10:29 am #

The only show on that list that I watch is The Walking Dead and I watch that on Vue dvr’d so I can avoid the commercials. If not for live sports I could ditch a live tv service completely never be forced to watch another nauseating commercial and become true cord cutter. I hope 2018 brings a sports only option. Live sports is propping up the pay tv industry. Reality tv is the worst crap ever.

Lynnneez December 28, 2017 at 6:03 pm #

House Hunters, Big Bang and SVU are not surprising, but it is surprising to see how much of the top shows are from Scripps. I guess streaming services should take note and ensure their services includes these channels. With the exception of a minority of niche viewers, these channels are pretty key.

Sean Berends December 28, 2017 at 11:23 pm #