Today the free TV streaming service Tubi announced that they now offer over 12,000 movies and TV Show. Tubi also announced that they have seen a jump in total hours watched of 4.3x over the same period in 2017. This all comes as Tubi announced plans to expand into new international markets.
Additional highlights include:
- Tubi’s overall viewership (total hours watched) grew by more than 4.3x year over year (December to December)
- With linear TV ratings in continuing decline, advertising demand for OTT is strongest from brands replacing lost reach with their TV spend. In 2018, over 1,000 advertisers ran campaigns on Tubi, with the majority of the top CPG and automotive advertisers reaching audiences in movies and TV shows on Tubi
- Horizon Media, a global leader in data and marketing insights, has signed a strategic partnership with Tubi. Horizon will provide their clients with access to Tubi’s premium OTT ad inventory with preferred terms
- Tubi has secured an agreement with Rogers Media, one of Canada’s largest media companies, to be the exclusive sales representative for Tubi’s advertising in the Canadian market
- Late last year, Tubi became the third streaming service to be made available on Comcast’s X1 platform – behind Netflix and YouTube
Looking ahead to 2019, Tubi also announced the following:
- Tubi will launch in additional international territories this year with the first expected to be announced in Q1. Presently the service is available in the US and Canada
- Tubi closed a $25 million growth capital facility with Silicon Valley Bank. The proceeds will help fund growth across all fronts including content acquisition and marketing
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!