This week is the kick off of San Diego Comic-Con a place for the most devoted fans of film and TV franchises. Now Tubi TV is adding some movies to get you in the mood for all things Comic-Con.
- Kings of Con (2016-2017): This Comic-Con HQ original series features Supernatural costars Richard Speight and Rob Benedict as actors on the convention circuit.
- Comic-Book: The Movie (2004): This mockumentary directed by and starring geek hero (and pretty big geek himself) Mark Hamill pokes loving fun at comic book culture.
- Trekkies (1999): This documentary about the sci-fi fandom features Star Trek: The Next Generation actress Denise Crosby interviewing the franchise’s most devoted followers.
- Trekkies 2 (2004): This sequel expands on the original documentary’s mission, exploring Star Trek’s fans around the world.
- Trek Nation (2010): Gene “Rod” Roddenberry Jr. examines the impact his father – and his father’s creation – had on the world.
- Free Enterprise (1998): This indie comedy follows two Star Trek fans and their friendship with William Shatner, who plays himself.
- A Simple Walk in Mordor (2013): Fueled by Lembas bread, two Rooster Teeth producers attempt to recreate the journey of Frodo and Sam, trekking 120 miles across New Zealand in six days.
- Sharknado: Feeding Frenzy (2015): This documentary explores how a seemingly silly concept exploded to become a viral pop-culture success.
Feeding Frenzy B-Movies – Shark Week, beginning July 23: These B-movies have fun with our fear of the great predator, supplying giggles as much as gasps.
- Sharknado: Heart of Sharkness (2015): This mockumentary looks at the man behind the Sharknado franchise, director David Moore.
- Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus (2009): The original in the series from The Asylum goes big in the battle between two enormous creatures.
- Mega Shark Versus Crocosaurus (2010): What happens when the mega shark is pitted against an equally huge crocodile?
- Mega Shark Versus Mecha Shark (2014): Can a mechanical shark beat the huge creature terrorizing the planet?
- Mega Shark vs. Kolossus (2015): This time, it’s the giant shark versus a Cold War-era robot.
- 2 Headed Shark Attack (2012): Two heads mean twice the teeth in this enjoyably silly film featuring Carmen Electra – and a two-headed shark.
- Psycho Shark (2009) AKA “Jaws in Japan,” this horror movie turns the ocean predator into a creature hungry for coed flesh.
- Shark Land (2015): Fusion travels to an island off the coast of Costa Rica to examine the current state of sharks in the wild.
- Shark Men (2010): This National Geographic series explores the life cycle of the Great White over two seasons.
- Flight of the Aquanaut (1993): This IMAX movie captures undersea life (including sharks) filmed using the Newtsuit diving system.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.