Verizon Fios Has Some Cord Cutting Friendly Deals

Image of happy woman using laptop while sitting at cafe. Young african american woman sitting in a coffee shop and working on laptop.This post is a sponsored opportunity from Verizon Fios. However, all opinions expressed here are my own.

Note: Verizon recently reached out to Cord Cutters News, asking if we would let our readers know about several of their deals. We agreed to this sponsored post because we are always happy to help our readers know about great Internet deals to assist them in keeping their expenses down.

Right now Verizon Fios has several great deals, many of which are perfect for cord cutters.

Right now you can get 100/100 Mbps Fios Internet and Fios TV Local starting at $49.99 a month, online, plus taxes, equipment charges and other fees with no annual contract and a waived $99.99 standard setup charge. This is a great deal if you want to get access to your local channels.

Don’t need your local TV stations? You can get 100/100 Fios Internet for just $39.99 a month online, plus taxes, equipment charges and other fees with no annual contract and a waived $99.99 standard setup charge.

Verizon has other deals including a special holiday offer for Fios Triple Play internet, phone and TV, along with SHOWTIME, for $79.99 a month for two years, plus taxes, equipment charges and other fees, with a two-year agreement.

Still locked into a contract with a different provider? Verizon Fios is offering up to a $500 credit to help cover your early termination fee.

Even if you are not looking for a new internet provider, I would encourage you to look around at least yearly. Spending a few hours to shop your internet and TV options could save you a lot of money.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

Disclaimer: To address the growing use of ad blockers we use affiliate links to sites like Amazon.com and others. Affiliate links help sites like Cord Cutters News, LLC stay open. Affiliate links cost you nothing but help us support our families.

9 Responses to Verizon Fios Has Some Cord Cutting Friendly Deals

Pat3332 November 12, 2017 at 9:41 am #

I wouldn’t mind trying it if they ever get it in my area, but Verizon has been advertising a service that for a long time appears to have only been available in parts of about 9 or 10 states, mainly in the Northeast. Google will probably be in my area long before Verizon.

Mike Stambaugh November 13, 2017 at 5:31 am #

From what I understand about verizon in Pa is that they aren’t running the lines anymore. The cost to install it, vs the profit doesn’t work out. So if your main lines are underground it’s prob not gonna happen. That being said the service was awesome. Im in NC now patiently waiting for ATT fiber to get installed in my development.

Pat3332 November 13, 2017 at 7:24 am #

Thanks Mike. I read recently that Google had come up with a faster and easier way of laying their fiber optic lines. They cut a small trench down the street, about 1″ wide and 16-18″ deep using something like a Ditch Witch, lay the line in, then follow behind putting something in the trench to seal it up and you can hardly see where it was laid. It seems the main hold up are that the municipal regulations in whatever city they want to lay the line in usually need to be changed and assuring that traffic isn’t going to be held up. I’m pretty sure that Google has enough lawyers on retainer to with those problems however. At least Google says they’re in my area, but still no word on when we’ll get it. When I go to AT&T’s website, it tells me that they’re not in my area and try to sell me on the regular packages they have. I left them a long time ago because their coverage wasn’t even close to Verizon’s in my area. I don’t see a way to make a link to this article, but you can probably cut and paste it.

A Commuter November 12, 2017 at 11:50 am #

I agree with Pat 3332. Verizon cannot even confirm when, if ever, Fios will be available in Northeast Pa. I’m a little tired of hearing about how great the service is or what good deals their customers can get.

butch81385 November 12, 2017 at 2:30 pm #

I wish they had deals for existing customers. I hate these new customer only deals, then the price skyrockets until you call and threaten to complain. Wash rinse repeat every two years…

Capricorn1 November 12, 2017 at 3:00 pm #

Exactly what I was going to say. New(er) customers still complain when part of those discounts disappear after the first year and the rest the second year leaving them with a cost at least twice as high as the until cost, but still lower than a decade-old customer gets until they threaten to leave.

2JZ_NOS November 12, 2017 at 5:15 pm #

Ditto. I’ve been a Verizon customer for 8 years now and not one of their “deals” during renewal time is anything close to what they offer nee customers. You literally have to jump through hoops with their CS to even keep your current price and then they boast that they gave you a “great deal”.

Nothing in this “article” is remotely helpful.

Damian Jones November 12, 2017 at 2:58 pm #

Nothing new, and the prices are NOT cheap. Be warned, once they have your name you can not be removed from getting junk postal mail for the rest of your life. These deals shouldn’t even be mentioned here, nothing to help cord cutters.

Barbara R November 21, 2017 at 11:24 am #

The fees and equipment charges on the triple play offer add up to $33/month, PLUS “additional taxes and administrative fees.” Yikes!