Today Verizon and the NBA announced an expanded deal to provide exclusive NBA content on Verizon owned properties including on Yahoo Sports. This deal will include original programming, fantasy basketball, highlights, and even access to NBA League Pass if you subscribe to League Pass.
Partnership highlights include:
- Access to purchase NBA League Pass in the U.S. – the league’s out-of-market live game service co-managed by the NBA and Turner Sports – on Yahoo Sports and other Verizon media platforms
- New daily show highlighting NBA action, storylines and commentary available exclusively on Yahoo Sports and across Verizon’s media platforms
- Development of augmented reality and other new forms of content leveraging Verizon’s leading network technology in partnership with the NBA
- Original sports and lifestyle programming utilizing the league’s vast archive of NBA footage across Yahoo Sports and Verizon’s media platforms
- Verizon’s “It’s on Us” program, which now makes up to eight NBA League Pass games available to registered users, at no cost to the consumer, to preview the League Pass subscription offering
“Verizon is uniquely positioned to partner with the NBA in a first of-its-kind technology and content partnership that will serve the NBA’s dynamic fan base with more live action, fantasy and lifestyle content in addition to experiential opportunities in the U.S. and globally through Yahoo Fantasy,” said Brian Angiolet, SVP, Global Chief Media and Content Officer at Verizon. “With the addition of live NBA games, highlights, classic footage, originals and more to our mobile sports offering, Yahoo Sports and Verizon’s family of media brands are becoming the first-screen for fans of live sports, and a superior alternative for partners and advertisers.”
“We are absolutely thrilled to extend and grow our unique relationship with Verizon and its various media platforms,” said Bill Koenig, NBA President, Global Content and Media Distribution. “This expanded partnership allows us to tap into Verizon’s expansive reach and new technologies to engage our fans through a variety of innovative experiences.”
With this deal, all of this content will be available to everyone regardless of wireless network through the Yahoo Sports app.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.