Today, Vidgo is announcing the launch of its OTT streaming service, offering 60 channels for $39.99 per month. The lineup includes sports, news, and entertainment, including the full suite of Disney Media Networks.
With a Vidgo subscription, you’ll get:
- A diverse content and channel offering
- The ability to stream on three simultaneous devices at home or on the go
- Social TV platform powered by Kiswe Mobile
- Live local channels in select initial markets from ABC, Fox, and My Network TV (Vidgo says the will continue to roll out locals to more markets in the weeks to come.)
- National content providers – ESPN, Disney, Freeform, FX, National Geographic, Fox, Discovery, A&E, and ViacomCBS
- Sports – ESPN, Fox Sports, NFL Network, PAC-12 Network, Stadium, and beIN Sports
- News – Fox News, Fox Business, Cheddar, participating ABC and Fox local station news
- Comprehensive college sports coverage in its basic package, including 38 upcoming college football bowl games and thousands of college basketball games
- Access to full programming lineup at home or on the go
- Three simultaneous device streams, at home or on the go
Local broadcast channels on Vidgo from ABC Owned Television Stations are available in the following markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Houston, Philadelphia, Raleigh/Durham, and Fresno. Launch plans for additional ABC markets are forthcoming.
“Our new distribution agreement with Vidgo delivers consumer optionality by offering our full suite of networks as part of an economy package,” said Sean Breen, SVP, Disney Media Distribution. “Vidgo has smartly devised a robust channel line-up at a competitive price point compared to the limited economy package choices that are currently in the marketplace.”
Partnering with Kiswe mobile, Vidgo is bringing Social TV to their service as well. With Social TV, you can use the Vidgo app to host watch parties with friends and family all over the country. Hang out, watch together, and keep up a conversation through the app, wherever you’re at.
“We all know everyone loves to watch their favorite shows and sports with friends and family. Vidgo and Kiswe today power a new multichannel, virtual and social experience just like watching tv in your living room with your crew. And it’s open to anyone. This is the next step in social TV.” said Mike Schabel, Kiswe CEO.
Vidgo is currently available on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Android TV, along with iOS and Android mobile devices.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!