Sports Fans
We may earn a commission from purchases through links on our site. You can learn more here.

How to Watch the MLB Network On Roku, Fire TV, & Apple TV

With the start of February, it means we are only a few weeks away from MLB spring training. This year cord cutters will be able to watch the MLB Network without having to agree to a 2-year contract from traditional pay-TV services such as cable or satellite TV. Here are your options to stream the MLB Networks:

PlayStation Vue

The newest option to watch the MLB Network is PlayStation Vue. Starting with the $44.99 Core plan you can get the MLB network, TBS, ESPN, and even in select markets regional sports networks. This makes PlayStation Vue a great option for baseball fans looking for the MLB Network.

DIRECTV NOW

DIRECTV NOW includes the MLB Network in three different packages: the Just Right package with 80+ live channels, the Go Big package with 100+ live channels, and the Gotta Have It package with 120+ live channels. The best part is if you are an AT&T Unlimited customer you can get $15 off your DIRECTV NOW plan.

Not only will you get the MLB Network but other channels such as ESPN, TBS, and in select markets regional sports channels, making DIRECTV NOW a great option for MLB fans.

YouTube TV

YouTube TV also offers the MLB Network along with ESPN, FS1, and many other networks for just $40 a month.

The best part is there are no long-term contracts. No longer will you have to agree to a 2-year contract to access the games you want to watch. Pay for DIRECTV NOW when you want it and cancel it when the season is over.

It has never been a better time to be a cord cutter.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

Disclaimer: To address the growing use of ad blockers we now use affiliate links to sites like Amazon.com, streaming services, and others. Affiliate links help sites like Cord Cutters News, LLC stay open. Affiliate links cost you nothing but help me support my family. We do not allow paid reviews on this site. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

9 Responses to How to Watch the MLB Network On Roku, Fire TV, & Apple TV

neppie February 5, 2018 at 8:42 am #

Not certain how Fubo compares with MLB specifically but was really impressed by their sports offering otherwise (made me wish I was into sports). Unfortunately their navigation was too shoddy to keep for the news and entertainment selection. I do wonder whether a provider could succeed with only a news or entertainment channel lineup (DirecTV now has the best balance of everything, imo, coupled with the best navigation)

Craig W February 5, 2018 at 9:04 am #

This is where Sling is failing. Now that football is over and my hockey team is in last place there is no need for me to continue with the Sling Blue sports add-on package. Unless they add MLB Network I’ll be canceling and saving $10 a month until September.
    My subscription runs until the end of the month so I will still have the NBC Olympic channel for the winter games.
    Is there any word yet as to whether T-Mobile will be offering MLB.tv for Free again this year?

Cord Cutters News February 5, 2018 at 9:47 am #

Not sure if T-Mobile will have free MLB.TV again. I’m looking for it and will post if it happens again.

Mike Thaler February 7, 2018 at 1:28 pm #

They’ve had it at least for 2 (3?) years. Once they announce it, you only have a week or so to activate it.

Roger Galliett February 5, 2018 at 9:40 am #

You can normally get MLB.TV for a tiny fraction of the annual cost if you can wait until the All-Star break.

Vegas Steve February 5, 2018 at 2:28 pm #

He’s talking about MLB ‘Network’, not MLB.TV.

m m February 5, 2018 at 9:45 am #

Would love to have the MLB Network, but not at the expense of having a faux cable internet package.

Free MLB.TV from T-Mobile Tuesday is pretty awesome.

Kathy Colletti Newman February 5, 2018 at 8:15 pm #

Doesn’t MLB still blackout your home team games?

Michelle Smith February 6, 2018 at 11:57 am #

I choose PS Vue partly because of the sports availability. Not only MLB, but all four major sports channels are available with the Core/Sports, plus my regional Fox, as well as the network sports affiliates. Easily worth 45 bucks per month. That being said, I got MLB.TV for free last year from T-Mobile and watched it on Fire TV. Hoping for the same this year.